Reviews for Uncle Tom's Sara
RionaEire chapter 1 . 2/3
I like how you seamlessly follow on from the writing in the book and so we can't hardly see where the actual writing from it ends and yours begins. As for people's minds "going in the gutter", people spoke about love in different ways back then, so we need to look at it in a "culturally aware" way, of knowing how love was discussed back then. I still think and talk that way myself, having grown up reading and enjoying old books, and still reading qquite a lot of them. I always assume chastely until its plain that there's romantic/mated/pairing love involved, otherwise I just don't assume, because you know what ass-uming does, :)
Riona
Linneagb chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Very sweet
dfghjkjhutfgrdhjk chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
I am completely in love with this brilliant little piece! It's so well written! I read Pearl Bramble's review and your answer and I must say I agree. How I long for those golden, carefree, sunshiny days of my childhood when my mind was oblivious to the dirtiness that some people nowadays possess - hooligans and those sort of people whose minds are corrupted and polluted by all the horribleness that ... well, you know what kind of horribleness I mean.

Sorry for the long rant. :) I adore this story!
theredrobin chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
A lovely little piece about comfort and dealing with grief, especially from Sara's perspective. Such overwhelming, traumatic emotions are nearly unbearable for anyone, let alone a child.
allreader chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
This follows the line of the story very well I quite enjoyed this work. People say they it's a small world and this is very true
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Dear TheImaginationAddict,

I'm so glad that you wrote this, as it was never mentioned in the book. Sadly, this world has become very sexually liberal, making the family kind of love that's expressed between Uncle Tom and Sara sound like a lovers relationship. My suggestion with this is to warn the audience in the disclaimer section that this story is about platonic love, not romantic love, as it's assumed when reading the story.

Other than that, I'm so glad that you filled in a missing piece of the story.
canadaroks chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
I know right! I can't wait to read more of you work, especially AoGG so keep writing! :D
EDGEOFGLORY chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
haha I know, I have not read it in a while! and by the way, I just wanted to let you know that I am canadaroks who reviewed your Anne stories! I used a different name because I didn't want anyone to think that I am judging gay people!:P silly, I know!
EDGEOFGLORY chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
haha just wondering if there was something I missed in the book! I think I forgot to say in the first review that I really like it!
EDGEOFGLORY chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
I really liked it! but I was confused about something- are you sayingthat Uncle Tom was gay?