Reviews for Friends & Foes
islandofhopex chapter 8 . 8/2/2016
I squeed at Charlotte's cameo. I'm now craving a spinoff about why she was held back.

Sofia is rapidly becoming a favorite of mine. Don't get me wrong, she's a total brat, but it's such a real response to her life. Anyone who recognizes Lily as the superior Collins sister deserves good things.

Ben covering for Arianna is everything to me. I imagine it'll go a ways toward Lily accepting Ben's (non-)relationship with Rose. I know everything about the Collins/Woods siblings is ironic, but it's still worth saying: it'll be interesting if Lily ends up preferring Ben with Rose over James.

"I certainly wouldn't mind getting married here." I bet Lily/Arianna get married there in the epilogue, #otp: a magnet or something. Rose has weak gaydar but she's trying.

I forgot Violet's a redhead; how Virginia Doyle of her. I loved Ben/Rose investigating her mother's "death" together, but I do hope Elisabeth comes back into the fold. You know I have a weak spot for the Nereids and Elisabeth exposing Violet after all these years would be so satisfying and femslashy. (Lbr, I only care about the latter.)

I like how, even though James/Rose is dead and buried, James was still protective of her on Mako. In a kind of possessive, misogynistic way, but I'm not applauding the action itself—just you guys acknowledging Rose's importance to James without resurrecting the love triangle. And he's definitely got some kind of secret, iron-related power.

I had to try three different emails and reset my password to post this, but it was worth it for posterity. I didn't know just how much I'd missed these characters until I started reading. The length really compensated for the wait. I know from experience how hard it is to pick a project back up, but I didn't feel a quality drop at all. :) Both the H2O franchise and this fic will outlive me.
Calyn chapter 7 . 8/27/2013
...what does this have to do with H2O?
islandofhopex chapter 7 . 7/23/2013
Yess, it's back and as strong as ever! I'm loving learning more about the council and their backstories. Sofia seems interesting. Her and Ben will make the most awful, hilarious couple if they do end up forced into marriage. And someone needs to make a fake Tumblr with Arianna blogging about her feelings for Lily and/or pictures of half-naked female celebs, stat. The group scene at the end was my favorite part though. I also loved all the little details, like Constance's terrible pancake mix, the Volvo, and James' astrology sign being referenced.

As for which ships I'm most into... I really have no idea? Like, I love Ben/Rose—this chapter in particular highlighted why they make such an excellent pair—but it feels unfair to compare them to, like, James/Minerva, which I'm enjoying, but haven't seen nearly as much of. I guess I'm most interested in seeing more of Arianna/Lily and Lewis/Laurel atm, but I'm liking them all, really. And I'm always up for anything involving the Nereids.

Please do use Alpha Kappa Lycanthrope in a future title.

(This review is really all over the place. I apologize.)
blitzholly chapter 7 . 7/20/2013
omg yay u finally updated! i still luv this story no matter how long it takes to update it P. anyways i luv this chap! awww poor lewis having werewolf problems...hopefully he'll get used to it and be in less pain next time...sofia is interesting...idk if i like her...i like james and Minerva, idk if it's as friends or if they should date (although dating would be interesting... but right now friends works for me P). i like james and Minerva's friendship convos. in this chap. they seem like they could become great friends D. Rose and ben would be an interesting pairing...that could be very interesting to see P. i luv this chap so much D. well can't wait till the next chap! update soon! D
Guest chapter 6 . 1/10/2013
Great story I cannot wait to see what happens next please update soon :)
alleB chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
This chapter is amazing and i'm for james and rose! James is really good and better than ben he's kind, really care about Rose, well ben is quite nice too, but not as cool as James, He's worse i don't really think that he cares about her or other humans, a lot of things happened because of his fault, he killed a lot of people and so on. So i'm on James/Rose side! 3
blitzholly chapter 6 . 12/3/2011
luv it! i'm soooo glad it's finally been updated but i understand slow posting of chaps. (i've been doing it myself). but anyways i liked learning who's in will's pack. Maybe Lewis's transformations will be better when he does them more. I hope Lewis will feel better. I also wonder what's gonna happen when ben asks his dad about Violet. That's sure to be an epic showdown. Well Can't wait till the next chap. update soon! D
islandofhopex chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
This was so worth the wait! It had a great mix of character development and action. Sorry my review is so short this time.. not feeling well today. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Kelly's next chapter. :)
chinaluv chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
nice job:)
Marrilyn chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
I'm so happy that Lewis managed to get through his first transformation well. Even though he was in pain, he still made it. I wonder does he ever thing of Constance since she was, you know, his girlfriend that got killed.

That werewolf pack seems like bad news, at least some of them. Will seems nice though.

I'm liking Arianna more and more. That girlfriend comment that werewolf made about her and Lily was so in place. I can totally imagine them as a couple and I'd like to see it happening.

I just have a few things that I'd like to ask you:

1. I remember that once in Fangs&Fins it was said that vampires can transform in a black mist or kind of black smoke (James once teleported to Rose's room that way and accidentally axtivated smoke alarm). Why can't they do it anymore? I'm really curios, as it would make things a hell lot easier.

2. Back in season one, Constance said that she met James and Ben when she was still human and that Ben liked to party. So how can that be possible if they are both about 16 now?

3. Once Ben managed to use compulsion on Rose to make her okay with him and James being vampires, but he can't do it anymore. Why?

Please, I'm begging you, asnwer. I've been driving myself mad trying to figure it out.
neversaynevergirl chapter 5 . 11/24/2011
Please update! I need my daily H2O!
H20fan87 chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
This is for all the chapters btw... i love this whole story & i also loved fangs & fins :) i hope you update again soon i will totally b following this story & cant wait to see what happens next :D
Marrilyn chapter 5 . 7/10/2011
I like it that all the Collins girls have flower names. Violet, Rose, Lily... All such beautiful names.

Rose knew what was going on in Ben's head at that moment. "Don't get any ideas." - I love this line. It's so Rose!

I still think Arianna might be gay. And if she is, I'm so on her side. Go, Ari! I can't stop myself for thinking that Arianna and Lily might hook up. They sound like a great couple.

Poor Rose. I know how it feels when too much things and words overwhelm you and you can't do anything to make them stop, so the only thing you actually can do is to snap and burst into tears, big time. I've been there and I can understand and connect to her.

Please update as soon as you can. I want to know what happens next. I need to know! Loved this chapter and I'm sure I'll love the next one too.
Marrilyn chapter 4 . 7/10/2011
This chapter was extra long. I like that. So Will's a werewolf? And Lewis now too? Wow, so much drama and great new ideas!

I liked the part about Rose and Lily's mother and how Elisabeth came clean. I'll keep reading as this is getting better and better and more and more interesting.
Marrilyn chapter 3 . 7/9/2011
I like Laurel. She's nice and kind of reminds me of Constance. Could the Burkes be merman and mermaids too? There's something suspicious about them.

When Ariana said she can't do that to her family, I couldn't help, but wonder "Why?" If they can do that to her, she can to them.

I wonder what's with Elisabeth and Violet's histoy. This seems to be a good "season". I love it more and more as I read on!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »