Reviews for It Takes a Lickin' and Keeps on Tickin'
mahlia chapter 3 . 6/7/2011
This was absolutely beautiful! I love how the story unfolds and the watch, temporarily, takes a backseat to everything else that's going on. How you kept touching back to it and the way you ended the story was perfect.

It's such a pleasant story to read, aside from Sam's injuries, because you don't portray John as an angry, terrible father. Yet, don't also portray him realistically in the sense he was a Marine and a hunter and that lifestyle gets hard. You strike such a lovely balance there.

Thanks for sharing such a brilliant story!
Madebyme chapter 3 . 6/7/2011
This was a total pleasure and a joy to read! Fics like these are a bit of rarity these days, when the hunt plays a minor role and the h/c is the star of the show!

I loved the fast pace of the hunt, knowing that something bad was looming around the corner as soon as they split up! And it was refreshing that there were no further complications when Dean returned for the car, all the focus stayed on the brothers as they both healed from the ordeal.

The premise was so simple but so effective, because possessions have never really been an issue for Sam on the show, it's mostly about Dean with the Impala, leather jacket and amulet (sniff sniff). So it was poignant that you focussed on the watch and gave it a sentimental link with John and the flashbacks really honed in on some good memories and I'll admit, I got bit teary on the last one!

As always with me, it's all the details and I know with your fics that will be plenty: the Disney princess jokes, how Dean refused to leave even to get the car, how Dean got Sam out of the hospital, the hot wash cloth and all the yummy care-taking. Y'know the whole fic was probably a highlight!

I was thoroughly entertained throughout, the only problem is that now it's over I want more new fic from you! Thanks so much for sharing. Take care, Abbi
Wallflowergirl chapter 3 . 6/7/2011
I was away and only got to read this now - what an awesome fic to come back to! You had just the right amount of hurt!Sam: I like wallowing in the limpness as much as anyone, but this was just great. Dean was the wonderful big brother that I adore... I loved him saving the watch, and remembering why it was so important to Sam. And yay, you had a motel room scene - I love it when we see what happens after they get out of the hospital! Dean being nurse is one of my favourite things.

And my heart melted at the little John vignette at the end. When he's being a dad, I love him to bits *hugs them all*
irismay42 chapter 3 . 6/6/2011
*sniffle* Perfect ending too! So nice to read an anti-John hate fic!

I now feel I must pay greater attention to what Sam's wearing on his wrist!
irismay42 chapter 2 . 6/6/2011
Yay and John's still a good guy! Love it that Sam's got at least a few good memories of his old man!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Ooh, ouch, Sammy!

I do like that you have John having done something nice for Sam's 18th birthday here. So often he's portrayed as this uncaring monster, so this is a nice idea. I was expecting the watch to be something Jess gave to Sam, so that was a neat twist!
ziggy.uk chapter 3 . 6/6/2011
Awesome final chapter, and loved the way you ended it with Sam's flashback memory of his 18th birthday when his dad gave him the inscribed watch. Nice dose of healing Sammy too!

A really enjoyable read, a definite fave :)
spnMom chapter 3 . 6/6/2011
It's nice to see some good memories of John. Thanks for posting.
spnMom chapter 2 . 6/6/2011
Awwww, Sammy's remembering good times... Love it!
spnMom chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
I love the start of this story... I kind of thought that the watch would be a link to Dean, but Dad makes sense too. Your creature was something new for me... When I did a search for it, I got 'bunyip', but it sounds interesting. Thanks for posting.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 3 . 6/6/2011
great
Menthol Pixie chapter 3 . 6/5/2011
Ah, perfect ending to a great story! :D
Left Hook chapter 3 . 6/5/2011
Aww! Very sweet. Thanks for writing :)
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 3 . 6/5/2011
What a fantastic story! I tremendously enjoyed all the bro-mo moments found within.
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 6/5/2011
Another great chapter. Not surprised Dean got Sam out the hospital as soon as he could, though it couldn't have been pleasant for Sam going out as a dead body, complete with tag on his toe! Loved Sam's little flashbacks, and of course his dad let him play soccer as he kept the trophy in his 'secret' lockup! And gotta love Dean getting Sammy one shot of the good stuff before he has to start taking the tablets!

Will catch up on final chapter tomorrow, late here now!
67 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »