Reviews for Half the Day is Night
btalley13 chapter 4 . 4/15/2012
Was... Was that an Inception reference?

Sent from my iPod touch via Pocket Fiction
Shagbark chapter 16 . 2/7/2012
I like these very much also:

She did her best to engage everypony in witty small talk, but it felt more than a little automatic, as if her charm was a machine she had overworked to the point where it gave off a bit of a grinding sound.

...

The streets of Canterlot bustled with ponies and their carts going about whatever sorts of business ponies with carts did-hauling things, she presumed...

...

She turned up the heat just a bit. "That may very well be, sir, but you and I both know that Mr. Stargazer needs the proper sort of disturbance right now. And I hope you'll agree with me that I am the pony to provide that disturbance."

...

A bit of his earlier anger flitted across his face. "And what would you recommend for visiting one's mother in prison?"

Already close to him, she moved closer, and without allowing herself to think, she touched her lips briefly to his, felt the sweet, sweet shock of it and saw that same shock rattle through him from his ears to the tip of his tail. "Something nice," she murmured. "Not too formal, however, I think."

His chest rose and fell, and when he swallowed, Rarity could hear it. "Very well." He cleared his throat, turned, and headed for one of the doors.

She couldn't help shelving a few books and stacking some of the magazines while she waited, but the door finally reopened, Ory emerging in a cravat and jacket that were perhaps a bit on what Rarity would have considered the formal side. Still, she was never one to underestimate the power of the proper outfit in a trying situation. If these were the clothes he needed, then that was all there was to it.

[I was confused as to why the Stargazers' butler was working at Daybreak House.

Nice touch to have Ory play trombone because that kind of jazz is night music. Although I wasn't convinced that Ory would be able to play trombone well after only a short time. The whole business of Luna trying to be like Celestia before learning to be nightly herself was very well-done; you managed to advance a story theme, Luna's character, and the characters of Pinkie Pie and Ory, all at the same time.]

...[Fluttershy:]

In fact-and this amazed her the most of all-she kind of enjoyed it!

And yes, she was only a block from the palace, and yes, her heart was pounding against her ribs like a squirrel against a particularly tough nut, but she'd been out walking all on her own through the streets of Canterlot now for five whole minutes!

Which was just about enough. Touching a hoof to the pavement of the intersection so she could say she'd gone two blocks, ...
Shagbark chapter 15 . 2/7/2012
I love how you do Pinkie Pie. These are all beautiful:

The sheer weight of all the frowniness around her made the air seem almost too heavy to move.

A burly blue unicorn gave a smart little stomp and moved up next to her so smoothly, it was like the room and everything in it slid over while he stood still. "Oooo," Pinkie cooed, looking up at him. "Do that again!"

"If you're ready, ma'am?" he asked.

"Always," Pinkie told him.

Pinkie could see them at home, now, could read in the tired lines of every hair on their manes how much their lives had been like hers before Dashie's first Sonic Rainboom, before Pinkie had seen the truth, before her heart had popped open like a firecracker and spread all of life's banquet before her.
Once An Oddity chapter 17 . 11/10/2011
Beautiful... simply beautiful. I teared up at several parts of the story, especially at the ending.
StaminaRose chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Just wanted to tell you i loved this story. I actually read it on google docs, and it was hard because the writing was huge and hurt my eyes. i struggled through however because i enjoyed it, though ive never liked the prologue chapter that much...

regardless, truly interesting and captivating work. you should be proud you created it - it really was very different.
Guile chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
This is really quite excellent. Probably my new favorite portrayal of Luna.
adwar21 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
I loved every second of your story! To be honest this is the first fanfic that I have ever felt such an urge to review that I just had to and I have read hundreds of fanfics. Every part put a smile on my face just like the show does plz write more if the desire strikes you because I will be there to read it! I can not think of anything that I didn't like about your story. It was well paced and had a little bit of everything. As a previous reviewer said they should animate this into a movie and I would watch it FOREVER! D lol
Edit Death chapter 17 . 7/24/2011
My compliments. This is really quite well done. The only potential flaw is that it feels somewhat open-ended, and even that isn't necessarily a flaw. I wonder, can we anticipate a sequel? I don't know about anyone else, but I for one would greatly like to see it happen.
Walryus chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
If I were to use one word to sum up this story, I would be an idiot. I can really, truthfully seeing this becoming a full-out official movie. Every single chapter mercilessly dragged me back into the story. I couldn't stop until the whole thing was over, and I enjoyed every last moment. I'm just going to stop there. I can't think of any more puny and insignifigant words that describe what you're created here. All I can say is: Thank you.
LastScorpion chapter 17 . 7/10/2011
What a terrific story - beautifully put together! I enjoyed reading it.
sevantes chapter 17 . 7/6/2011
beautiful just beautiful thank you :3
Smilesas chapter 5 . 7/5/2011
Beautifully written! It flowed so well! Did you make up all the positions for the night palace? Because they sounded so legitimate! Oh, and the whole night palace and day palace thing, did you invent that too? I love it how you're showing how Princess Luna is affecting everyone, especially the families that worked in the night palace. You're weaving a wonderful story with exciting plot points, distinct rises and falls in the action, and believable characters. I really like this Stargazer and how he knew who Rarity was. But Rarity, no! Spike is the only one for you! And Pinkie with the tiki torches, I started to laugh at that! Another great chapter! :))
Smilesas chapter 4 . 7/5/2011
Yay! More Spike and Rarity fluff! You have done great with Spike, and I loved how he complimented his dish washing skills, he so would have done that! And Pinkie, she is perfect! Haha, Uncle Yorick! This plot is just too good, I mean, Princess Luna is so nicely done, I love how she was shy at first and is now "becoming one of the group." And the ribbon thing? Presh! I am so surprised that this story doesn't have more reviews, but I sure hope that it's gotten a lot of views. I'll be sure to review every chapter, it's this good!
Smilesas chapter 3 . 7/5/2011
I love this! You got each pony's personality down to a t! They each have their own priorities and you portrayed them wonderfully! Again, I could imagine everything happening! And you did great with AJ's accent; it added lots of color to the story, and being southern myself, I felt you did it justice. :)) I especially enjoyed the Spike and Rarity fluff, I think it's too cute! Spike is my favorite character, and I'm really glad you have him in there along with his crush on Rarity. And Fluttershy? Too precious! This story is a fav!
Vafrous Vulpix chapter 17 . 7/5/2011
The ending was amazing. I teared up a little as I read the epilogue. An excellent ending to a very well-crafted story. Bravo!

I have to say, though, I didn't like that very last section of chapter 15, though. The scene right before it was so powerful, I felt that the next scene took away from it a little. But that's just me, though.

All in all, though, this is a really excellent story and among the best I've ever read on the web. Congrats on finishing it, and thanks so much for creating such a wonderful story! .