Reviews for Jumping at Shadows
highlander348 chapter 12 . 7/30
Is this story dead? It's quite good! :D
orionastro chapter 12 . 6/9/2014
very good story so far , its time for the Allies of Earth to join the fight and impose a peace Treaty to the Minbari , i really hope you can update soon
skarosianlifeform chapter 6 . 6/8/2014
Oh, I love the idea of Dilgar Flying Tigers.

Will the Drazi come to help ? In the LONAW Factbook (I think, but perhaps it was another source), it's said that in canon, the Drazi sent a fleet to help EA, but the fleet was mysteriously destroyed in hyperspace, and the Drazi decided to back down from helping EA (because they felt too outclassed).
skarosianlifeform chapter 4 . 6/8/2014
Really interesting fic. I like how the story progresses, and each race believes that the other is attacking them on behalf of the Shadows.
EvilTheLast chapter 12 . 5/2/2014
Well, it was a good story. I hope you update it.
Ethorin chapter 12 . 2/9/2014
"this war isn't being fought in a vacuum, except literally"
LOLZERS
Letomo chapter 12 . 9/12/2013
Interesting take on things - how would things have gone if the Minbari faced equals, instead of the curbstomp of the OTL. I enjoyed this story, and scrambled to read it before my comp did the updates of doom. Thanks for sharing!
Independent Dude chapter 12 . 8/25/2013
I like this, but I thought your other story was better. In this story, you make it out like Sharlins are weak. They are extremely powerful. Also, where did the 120 ships Earth lost at Pharos come from? I thought it was like 10 that were defending the base?
I missed the shout outs to other scifi fandoms. The Firefly one was cool, but I had too much trouble trying to guess if your Earthforce officers were references to other fandoms, or simply OCs.
Sabersonic chapter 12 . 7/19/2013
So far it has been an interesting twist to the usual Earth-Mimbari War as seen in Babylon 5 canon. It would be interesting to see this story's version of the Battle of the Line, though while we are on the subject at hand I can't help but recall your in-story statement of the Omni Directional Barrier System by one of your characters in an earlier chapter.

It's not that I am disputing the fact, but that I am merely bothered by a particular brain fart when in your Author's Notes in a succeeding chapter on what reviewers have suggested the United Earth Alliance can utilize to better target Mimbari warships at a distance. As a brain fart, it's probably incomplete since as far as I can recall there has been no limitation in either Robotech or Macross canon that a ship equipped with the Omni Directional Barrier/Screen System would have to be immobile when it is used, however the idea revolves around a particular tactic only the UEA could ever utilize against the Mimbari called the Barrier Rams.

Basically its the refit/construction of a combat warship sans a majority of its offensive and a good chuck of its defensive weapon systems, like the Olympus-class Corvette for example, with said systems replaced by the Omni Directional Barrier/Screen System. Send the refit ship into battle with the barrier system on and throw them into the fleet formations of the Mimbari where they make a high velocity ram towards the nearest Mimbari Ship or at least the nearest important looking Mimbari Ship. Two things will most likely occur: A, said Mimbari Ship is heavily crippled if not destroyed by the attack whereas no damage occurs to the Shield Ram Ship itself; B, the Omni Directional Barrier/Screen is overloaded by fire of either/both the target Mimbari Ship and results in an Ontario Scenario in which a good chunk of said Mimbari Fleet are obliterated.

The Barrier Rams can also be utilized as a kind of space opera version of a Shield Wall in which Barrier Rams lead a charge toward Mimbari Ships with more "conventional" UEA warships following behind to allow for a close-combat gap that the UEA ships can take an advantage the Mimbari naturally lack technology-wise and can even use network or forward observer data to strike at said targets while protected by the defensive shadow of the Barrier Rams. Of course naturally said UEA warships would have to keep a good distance away from said Barrier Rams in case the Mimbari overload the Omni Directional Barrier/Screen Systems.

Though naturally this idea isn't immediately considered or even thought up until sometime after the Mimbari begin using tactics to overcome the Shadow Cloaks and even then would be limited to field tests to see the viability of such a tactic before warranting a mass production of such Barrier Rams.

But like I mentioned before, it's a Brain Fart at best.
Red Death chapter 12 . 6/27/2013
More! (jab-BZZT) More! (jab-BZZT) More! (jab-BZZT) More! (jab-BZZT)
VFR6 chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Well, you are right though. It was confirmed in the Invid War.
MalSer chapter 12 . 12/22/2012
Looking forward to a Christmas update...please? LOL
Duquette7 chapter 12 . 11/23/2012
This is so much fun, I love a good space opera, and both Babylon, and Robotech are classic examples of that art. This fic blends them seamlessly, thank you for sharing.
bh18 chapter 8 . 10/23/2012
...So much Firefly. You just made me very happy.
Kaylen Cooper chapter 12 . 9/2/2012
I like this! :)

I look forward to reading more.