Reviews for To Be Infinite
centralperks chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
(Sorry this took so long! Life got in the way..)

Anywho..

HOPE. YOU DID NOT JUST MAKE ME READ A ST. QUINN.

YOU MADE ME READ SCORROSE, TOO, AND LOOK WHERE I AM NOW.

Kasjfh. Okay, so you know how I like /love/ your writing? I love it even more now.

Quinn.. holy merlin in where-ever-he-lives, she was amazing . Some of the things (you;) say, were just so WOW. One line that stuck out to me was 'they cycle always begins with a drink.' I don't even know why, it just did. And you word her ideas so lovely, it's as though she's real and you're just writing out everything that she's thinking, you know? But then I'm like 'no, wait, Quinn isn't real! This is Hope!' Freak, girl, your ideas on life are just so good, and you stick them in your stories so effortlessly.. someone said something to me today that reminds me of you..

'Good writers are those who can put words to something that everyone else only feels but never consciously realize.'

Does that make sense? If it does, then, that's /exactly/ what you did with Quinn. If not, then.. ig nore that ;)

And Jesse.. RAH, he was hot. I loved him so much. I'm so glad you like him, too, because everyone's all Team Finn. (Whatever). You got his character perfectly, and he was captured so breathtaking-ly that my eyes were popping out of my head. He was so great, so diverese-ly written. A rounded character, and you wrote him as such.

So, all in all, this was freaking awesome, to your wording, to sentence structure, to characterization. I loved the entire thing.

Oh.. I really liked the Quinn/Jesse idea.. I'm going to go roam the archives for more.

YOU SEE WHAT YOU DO TO ME? ;)

Love this, and love you,

Bri
lydiamaartin chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Oh, my gosh, Hope, this is truly, honestly, amyzingly /brilliant/.

I have to admit, even without reading this fic, the thought of QuinnJesse is intriguing (though you know how I love PuckQuinn P), but this fic definitely convinced me to at least entertain the thought, simply because your writing is so wonderful! The second person really worked, not only to keep the identity a secret, but also to suck you in and explain her thought process easily - it was just gorgeous.

And Quinn, oh, Quinn, was so perfectly icy but broken and in character, and my heart almost broke for her because she loved him and wanted him but stopped herself from having him, and you wrote her inner turmoil and her mess of emotions so amazingly, it was just brilliant!

Jesse, was, of course, marvelously Jesse and also in character, with his cockiness and arrogance, but also breaking his own "rules" for Quinn and actually wanting her, though of course, she couldn't really understand that, and all those little games he played - he was simply brilliant, tooooo! :D

And the two of them, together, and that one drunken night and all those little meetings after that, and her regretting everything (but not really, but it still made me sad for her) and then that heartbreaking ending, and gah! It was all just splendid!

Hope, you've done it again - converted a bunch of people to a random new Glee pairing, that is ;)

Awesome job, and keep writing!
high improbability chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
GAH

THIS

I HONESTLY SERIOUSLY THOUGHT IT WAS ST. BERRY

AND THEN NEAR HALFWAY I REALIZED IT WASN'T

AND I NORMALLY DON'T EVEN READ ST. FABRAY

BUT THIS

THIS IS DEFINITELY WORTH IT

And I am sorry for this all-caps, incoherent review, but I am still too much in awe to type anything worthy of this story.
justalittle l o o n y chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Okay Hope. I'm just going to say my first impression, which was, even though this is a rather uncommon pairing, you made it sooooo plausible and fabulous, I couldn't believe that it wasn't actually canon.

First thing: This line: "You even consider that doing so might make you fit in more with the rest, it might make people like you more, because it feels like almost everyone has been spending their free time hating you lately." I loved it because it really screamed QUINN to me. I spent a little while trying to figure out who it was, and I had it narrowed down to Quinn or Santana. Of course, then I went to the NGF, and Mad ruined it for me *glares* but I thought this line was perfect.

Second: Jesse telling her that she needs to loosen up. Because that's so him, in the way that it could be (and probably would be) taken as an insult, but it's really constructive criticism.

Third: You describing it as a cycle. It seemed like something that would describe two people like Jesse and Quinn, who could and would get together, if it weren't for their conflicting personalities.

Fourth: The second person format. I loved how introspective it was. And the fact that it made me actually care for Quinn says a lot.

Fifth: Your amazing attention to everything. I could really picture all of this happening in an episode, and that is what really made this story work for me.

Thank you so much Hope.

Roma
chasingafterstarlight chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
GAH, HOPE, WHAT IS THIS.

Okay, so, as you know, I scrolled down so the name wasn't a shocker for me. But I knew it was her beforehand, because you could just tell, y'know? ;)

ANYWAY.

AMAZING. YOU'VE INCREASED MY LOVE FOR QUINNJESSE TENFOLD. AND I NEVER REALLY LIKED RACHELJESSE SO THAT'S OKAY.

I just- I loved this fic. It's long and it's so well-written, and your second-person beats mine by a longshot. The last line was a brilliant closing to the story, and it makes you feel so bad for Quinn, even though maybe you shouldn't.

And Jesse. Afjkdfsl Jesse, wow, he was just a great character and so very in character that it wasn't even funny and I just want to marry him.

""We'll see who has to stop," he says nonchalantly, almost as a challenge." I loved this line. Don't ask me why.

And the part where it's revealed who QUINN is (ahahaha), wow, it's just so strong and amazing and it's sort of sweet in a twisted way how she regrets everything and he regrets nothing. So it sort of shows how they're perfect together, right? ;)

And the storyline- it might have been done before, but here, it seemed so unique and beautiful and all of this stuff.

BUT THE ENDING. HONESTLY, HOPE, DO YOU NEVER GIVE YOUR CHARACTERS HAPPY ENDINGS? They should be happy and together and nooo, not Rachel/Jesse, please.

AND WAIT, WHO IS FINN WITH IF HE'S NOT WITH QUINN? D:

They're both just lonely now. and I would prefer Rachel to be lonely, rather than with Jesse, because we all know it's Quinn/Jesse.

And now I'm rambling, thanks a lot. ;)

Anyway. Terrific, terrific job, I siriusly loved it and now I want to go read more JesseQuinn even though I should be writing or something like that.

*favourites