Reviews for After Goodbye
jjcrimminds chapter 2 . 3/14
I am crying even more. Damn you. This was heartbreaking. You're a great writer. I cannot even begin to explain it. You should write a story where they run into each other. I think that would cause even more tears. Because there is no happy ending. Not when it's this far gone.
jjcrimminds chapter 1 . 3/14
I'm crying. This was great and so sad.
rmpcmfan chapter 2 . 3/23/2014
Wow, fantastic, a very powerful and I have say emotional story! I did not expect them to get back together at all, JJ just hurt Emily too much! I am really glad though that Emily found the happiness she deserved. To be honest, I had thought you might write about her downward spiral, but I am an optimist at heart and prefer to see people overcome and get the happy ending. Although it wasn't happy for JJ, I believe she was just not at the same point in her life's development as Emily was, and perhaps some day she will find someone too. Well done!
Guest chapter 2 . 3/21/2014
Um this story isn't a romance at all. You should probably change that. This was depressing. I'm glad Emily got her happy ending though. She deserved it
Guest chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
All CM pairings that aren't em/jj makes me want to hurl. A lot.
jehkovac chapter 2 . 3/21/2014
Oh you made me cry so much reading this
The pain felt so real, both of their pain...I struggle so much to put my emotions into words sometimes that when someone can transmite a feeling like you did, it gets to me.
Although it was very sad, it was beautifully wrote. Really, really loved it!
I agree that life is not a fairy tale and this is what would probably happen, I just wish she had sent the letter, because even though Emily had moved on she would still wounder about JJ... So I think the letter would give them the real closure. To change their future, not for them to get together, but maybe really enable them to be happy for each other. And maybe transform their feelings into something else...
LanaThis chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
This was really powerful. I loved the narrative voice, heard strongly and clearly, and full of emotion and hurt. The story of the love to hate to breakup was really quite cutting, imagining JJ turning from loving girlfriend to completely ashamed of she and Emily's relationship, I could picture it and Emily's pain so well. Excellent piece. I think it strikes several important chords. Parental reaction and manipulation for one. I think your A/N is correct, family will always be able to push buttons. Off to search for the sequel now...
LT.
Pheonix1995 chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Poor Emily! You wrote her emotions amazingly! Would love to see JJ's view and hope they can work things out! :)
CaptainBri-Mazing chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
It's not very often that a story sticks with me long long LONG after I've read it, but this one stayed with me. It was so beautiful written, I could clearly see it in my head, the happy times, the downfall, Emily struggling and finally writting the letter. Beautiful piece of work.
babylil chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Wow, this is really good, but so sad. It actually made me cry! It's so sad that there are still parents who treat their children that way.
miaa29 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Great story, I think you got it right in this story about JJ and Emily and what they each are going thru. Looking forward to the next chapter and see where you take it.
fan-of-fans chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
I think i possibly cried. Soooo Good!
littlegreenbottle chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Great story - Emily's emotions are so raw and real they just leapt off the screen and punched me in the chest. I look forward to reading JJ's side of the story.
nomim chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
This is superb. The raw emotion of Emily's words is just beautiful. The reaction of JJ's parents to their relationship certainly resonates with me, as it's pretty much my mother's view too. Sigh.

Anyway, your writing is excellent. I usually only read Emily/JJ stories, but I will check out your other work too.

I look forward to JJ's part!
Potion chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
This was so.. heartbreakingly good.

Through the whole thing I felt like Emily was flipping between just plain hurt, anger, resentment, love, hate, and self-loathing. When you said, "As I sit here typing this letter to you I'm filled with anger and bitterness and self loathing" you can definitely tell that through the whole thing. And that makes this story so much better. There was so much emotion in this that its hard to even pick out all the emotions that are in there.

I loved this and I can't wait to see what happens in the JJ installment.