Reviews for In the Half Light
Puggle chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Stunning
librarywitch chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Still hope John gets to have a conversation with Sebastian. Well done. I see why scopesmonkey loves you and your writing.
Janara chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Wonderful story, I quite enjoyed this one and the prequel.
Telula13 chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
This story and the prequel were fantastic. The emotion ws so powerful and deep, and you really stayed true to the characters and built a beautiful relationship between them.
speciallark chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Oh God oh God, this hurts - Poor Sherlock!

I'm with John, Seb needs to die!
sentarla chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Uh oh. I so would not like to be in sabastians shoes when John catches up with him!
HOS70 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Wow, your conversation between John and Sherlock is so convincing; Sherlock’s awkward-sounding understanding of social conventions, his formal way of speaking and John’s measured, patient reactions.

How I wish I’d have a John around the place, being so considerate, suppressing his angry reaction to Sherlock’s tale as best he can, for Sherlock’s sake, so as to not upset his partner even further.

One can forgive his brief but memorable outburst when Sherlock tells him that Sebastian propositioned him at the coffee shop. I like it that polite, even-mannered John becomes as suddenly, as potty-mouthed as polite Martin Freeman when he gets angry. :-)
mattsloved1 chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
These two pieces are so well done and lovely to read. Each person is in character and believable. Thank you for sharing. It was a pleasure. :)
luvmyangelofmusic chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
amazing story :D May Sebastian rot in hell!

just a note on your A/N I can't believe you would give up your dog! Well seeing as you are can i have it?

lol

but yeah great story!
ScopesMonkey chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
There's so much I love about this. The characterization, the atmosphere, the pace, the conversation, all of it. You have the right amount of balance between humour (periodic table boxers? Ha!) and seriousness without being flippant or melodramatic, so you're struck the perfect balance.

I love the visuals, Sherlock sitting (yeah okay, naked ;) and John sitting with him, and the small details, like Sherlock cataloguing John's touches and having subcategories for them.

I also really like that Sherlock feels better not necessarily for having talked about it, but for having John know. Does that make sense? Like it's not about him. But I think John's reactions are fantastic, too; exactly the way I can picture him responding to this kind of situation, all the anger, the attempt to keep it level, to remind himself this isn't about him, etc.

And 20 questions with a brick wall. Oh that gave me such a chuckle.

I can't wait to see the follow-up, where John totally kicks Sebastian's ass (who deserves it!)

Thank you so much for posting this! :D
Kim CC chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Beautiful continuation on the previous story. I love the way you depict the interactions between Sherlock and John and how much they love one another.

Thank you for sharing.