Reviews for Inevitability
ladylookslikeadude chapter 4 . 7/21/2011
Aw! I feel special! But no, seriously, this was sweet, I loved it, and, well, yeah. It was just adorable, and I loved the Klaine aspect of it too. So yeah, complete epicness on this one. :)
Potato Maiden chapter 4 . 7/21/2011
1) I love all the fixes you're doing.

2) This chapter was too cute, I love it.
kbraven52 chapter 3 . 7/21/2011
Oh, how I wish that this actually happened on the show. I imagine Jesse as the only person understanding Rachel's fear of losing her voice and I hate that we didn't get to see him comforting her. This was perfect :)
kezztiphotmail.com chapter 3 . 7/21/2011
Loved it as always. You have there two perfectly in character. Excellent work.
EmZ711 chapter 3 . 7/20/2011
Loved it! I really love your writing! It's... I don't know. It's just really really really good. ;)
ladylookslikeadude chapter 3 . 7/20/2011
O.o That was pretty awesome, although angst isn't my normal cup of tea. Still it would be epic if the next one wouldn't have /as much/ angst. -puppydogeyes- Still, pretty freakin' epic. Can't wait for the next chapter.
inactiveacount121212 chapter 3 . 7/20/2011
The hits just keep on coming! Another excellent chapter! :)
northstar61 chapter 2 . 7/3/2011
Yep, I totally agree that Jesse’s good looks and boyish charm would get him what he wanted most of the time, but Shelby would be the exception. I enjoyed the way you outlined their similarities, as well as the adoration Jesse felt for his pseudo-mother. I could totally picture their intense relationship as she pushed him to be the very best, giving him nothing he hadn’t earned, and making sure he was never

allowed to rest on his laurels or coast once he’d made it to the top.

Interesting choice to have Shelby without intel about McKinley. It led perfectly into her having Jesse approach Rachel, as it gave her a second reason for him to do so.

Absolutely loved your description of Jesse’s initial reaction as he heard Rachel sing. His inner praise at her voice, his unwillingness to look away, his incredulity at the realization she was neither lip synching nor using a mic… all demonstrated the instantaneous impact she had on him. That flare of jealousy he exhibited? Priceless. And Jesse’s belief that he was the best match for Rachel in the entire State, while supremely arrogant, made me smile, as it was so typically him.

Of course, he’d be disappointed and confused at Shelby’s refusal to poach Rachel from McKinley, but he’d be instantly eager to head to her turf. The draw of her immense talent would be inescapable.

As much as I love their initial meeting in the music store, I totally bought into the one you scripted. Loved Jesse overhearing just enough from Rachel’s teammates that he’d know exactly how to approach her – that flattery and praise, and simply listening to her, would work like a charm. Also loved how he was able to read her body language with Finn, and thereby know that this was an excellent time to make a move.

Rachel’s reaction to Jesse’s car and the banter that followed was delightful. Chuckled at the zombie bit, and smiled at Jesse’s pleasure at Rachel being willing to disagree with him. Also loved the fact that she’s not the only one being affected by the physical proximity. Adored Rachel admitting she wanted to play three roles on Broadway, and Jesse trying to guess which ones. His getting two right just proved how connected these two are instinctively.

Totally loved that intensely charged moment between them in Jesse’s Rover, and how close he came to kissing her. His request and her unhesitating response were magical. Your way of clueing him in to the true nature of her relationship with Shelby was subtle and brilliant.

How to tell I really, really loved this? My instinctive wish to see it continued, and my disappointment at knowing it wouldn’t be…
northstar61 chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
You captured Jesse’s reaction to the unscripted kiss perfectly – a mixture of disgust, anger and uncertainty, wanting so much to believe that the kiss meant nothing to Rachel, but not entirely sure.

Your explanation for Jesse ‘flunking out’ of UCLA was spot-on. Of course he would have been warned, and I like the idea that he decided to leave to make things right with Rachel, and that he could retake the classes if he chose to.

Loved getting to see the resumption of the relationship from Jesse’s point of view, and the outline of all the ways in which he’s Rachel’s ideal match. Also loved his internal admission that he wouldn’t be able to let her go again. But, most of all, I loved how you wrote the aftermath to what happened on stage. Rachel being comforted by Jesse, insisting that she had nothing to do with the kiss and that she hadn’t wanted it is exactly the way I wish things had unfolded on the show. So glad that Rachel made it clear to Finn that she had chosen Jesse.

I got such a kick out of Jesse and Will’s little confab out in the hall. Loved the line about Jesse smiling like an angel. It would certainly throw me off, LOL! While I can understand Will’s point of view, I was delighted that Jesse skirted this issue by making no promises.

Absolutely adored Jesse’s response that Rachel has no faults. Goes to the heart of why he’s exactly the boy Will spoke to her about the previous year. And the fact that Jesse told her all about the conversation and that they discussed their future demonstrated the depth of his feelings and the fact that he plans on doing things right this time around.

As for their first time, this has to be one of the most well-written versions that I’ve seen. Classy, sexy and intimate, it was everything that they are. Brilliant!

The fact that Jesse knew her schedule because he’d actually bothered to read the calendar and his comment about people like them needing to keep organized was yet another example of how perfectly they mesh together.

Got a laugh at Jesse’s freak out at the realization that they’d had unprotected sex, and Rachel’s totally nonchalant response that she was already on the pill. The plans they’re making for the following year warmed my heart, as I could totally see them in NYC, taking the theatre world by storm.

Overall, one of my favourite one-shots. Bravo!
majorlymortifying chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Your smut was perfect. This was phenomenal!
EmZ711 chapter 2 . 6/21/2011
I really love these! Please continue! :D
Temptress-Kitten17 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
THIS is how the season finale should have ended! :D

Great job!

Now what's this about you never writing smut again? Oh hell no. This was some HOT St. Berry smut, and I say that as the Queen of Smut (so crowned by the royal subjects that hail from Kingdom of Damon and Elena). You MUST write more smut in the future; for I need my St. Berry fix if I'm to be inspired to finish the one I started here ;)

xoxo

Temptress Kitten17
malicient chapter 2 . 6/19/2011
I think this might be my favourite Glee-rewrite ever. Please write more. ;)
inactiveacount121212 chapter 2 . 6/17/2011
Yes! It finally worked! :) (I tried to review earlier today, but I kept getting the error message.) ;)

Anyway, I really loved the new chapter. :) I've always wanted to write Jesse's POV of Sectionals, (but never had the courage) and now I don't have to! Yours is AMAZING! :)

Also, while I do like Rachel and Jesse's music store meeting, your AU meeting was cute as well. :) I thought it was very realistic and showed how conflicted Jesse was, even at the very beginning of their relationship.

Awesome job! :)