Reviews for Inevitability
narcoleptic86 chapter 20 . 5/18/2012
Please continue it! Am so in love with all these stories but i'm pretty sure this one will always have a place in my heart.
Pattt chapter 20 . 5/17/2012
Heyy new fan here! :) I've been reading your stories over the past few weeks, and I love everything about them! I'm honestly so depressed with Glee right now, especially because Jesse was on the final episode and (as always) this show didn't make St. Berry justice. I want them together so bad, that it hurts. And I know they would be perfect for each other.

So your stories, give me that something I've been missing from the show. And I'm currently even more obsessed with Rachel/Jesse, if that's possible lol. The Asian F fix was one of my favorites, and I'm not ashamed to say that I skipped some of the other chapters to read all the 4 parts. xD So I really hope you write a part 5. :)
Supernatural-Girl17 chapter 20 . 5/17/2012
Love this story and chapter so far! hoping to read more of this story later! hope so and can't wait! :) 3
Megan chapter 19 . 5/17/2012
I know I'm a bit late to the awesome party that is all of your work, but I just noticed the note at the top of this chapter saying that there's another version you have written of these events set in a different season, and I wanted to take a moment to express interest in reading this! I had no idea that I was in to Jesse/Rachel H/C at ALL until this story, but my goodness you capture so much of what I love about this pairing beautifully. Your descriptions of Jesse in particular, and his relationship with Rachel's parents, are stunning. Exactly like the Jesse in my head, and perhaps even better.

Thank you for this story, which is overall so much more appealing than the show these days. I look forward to reading more!
Destructive Habit chapter 20 . 5/3/2012
Just to let you know, I stumbled across your gem of a story yesterday, and I haven't stopped reading since. I literally could not put it down. I absolutely love how all of the one-shots and collections portray different facets of each characters personalities. It's like walking across dimensions and being able to see them in different worlds but still loving each other. And I absolutely adore how you have Jesse and Rachel as Jonathan and Lea playing Melchior and Wendla, the Asian F series is probably one of my favorite story lines of the bunch, but that's like picking the brightest star out o a sky of suns. I hope you update soon, or I might seriously start to go through withdrawals :)
Thorne Lockehart chapter 20 . 4/24/2012
Just spent my time getting caught up on this little story and I love it! Deciding which of these are my favorite would be a little difficult, but it'd either be the workshop or Sectionals. St. Berry is my OTP and I love love love how you wrote them! I cannot wait to read more but I would love to read a continuation of the kiss in Funeral.
Asakura chapter 20 . 4/21/2012
Frist, I LOVE this fic. Really!

Second...

Well, I Know that ending of the 3º season is giving to all the a huge urge to throw up and everything!

But you HAVE to keep fixing the episodes!

Please write again!
Caro47 chapter 20 . 4/18/2012
Hi,

First, I'm french, so sorry for my (very) bad english (google traduction is my friend).

I absolutely love your fic. It's one of my favorite about St-Berry.

It has been a long time since you post your last chapter. Did you stop your story ?
Lady Elena Bella Petrova chapter 20 . 4/17/2012
Love this chapter and story so far! can't wait to read more of this story later! hope so!
Phoenix South chapter 3 . 4/15/2012
In my fertile imagination, I like to think that the first time Rachel was with Jesse, and that she lied to Finn out of pity for The First Time, (I like to dream laughs), and their stories are wonderful, I just love all , congratulations for this amazing talent you have.
northstar61 chapter 19 . 4/15/2012
As I’ve probably told you before, one of the benefits of taking so long to comment is getting to revisit stories I haven’t read in a while. I had forgotten how much I loved this one until I read it again today in preparation for reviewing.

Kurt *would* have been stunned at Rachel standing up for him. As his thoughts reminded us on more than one occasion throughout this, in his opinion she didn’t care for anyone but herself. It’s the same assumption the entire Glee club makes, that she’s selfish and only looking out for herself. I have no idea how they can miss all of the times she’s put their interests above her own, but they manage to overlook those and see only the bad. It’s part of what infuriates me about her teammates. But enough of my ranting, and back to your fic…

I could definitely picture Kurt being envious of Rachel for having Jesse! And I got a laugh out of the threat that he and Rachel used to keep Kurt in line. Destroying his NPH shrine, indeed. ;)

Reading between the lines, it’s obvious that Kurt’s been around Jesse a fair bit – at least enough to know that the latter speaks his mind, has a temper, can be intense and is usually right. Since I have a soft spot for a Jesse/Kurt friendship, the idea that one’s been developing behind the scenes, as it were, made me smile.

I could also totally picture Rachel furiously defending Kurt, standing up to the two bullies who were making his life miserable. Despite Kurt’s surprise at her actions, it *is* something she’d be more than willing to do – unlike that coward in a Titan jacket who refused to lift a finger to help out his fellow teammate and eventual stepbrother.

There’s something so compelling about Jesse in protective mode, and it was even more so seeing that protectiveness directed against Finn. Of course the beanstalk would have no clue as to who Jesse is, or what part he plays in Rachel’s life, and it’s entirely consistent with Finn’s character to want to take over when Jesse clearly has the situation in hand – not to mention being jealous once someone else is interested in Rachel. It’s also typically Finn to bulldoze ahead, oblivious to the threat in Jesse’s tone.

I have to say that I’m impressed with your version of Will in this – he comes across as calm and competent, rather than ineffectual, and provides a voice of reason more than once. I actually like him here. Santana, on the other hand, is her typical, snarky self, which works for the story. She *wouldn’t* believe that a guy as hot as Jesse could be attracted to Rachel for anything other than nefarious purposes.

Don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it, but I adore the little details you include that help to flesh out various characters. Jesse being unselfconscious about holding Rachel’s pink, sparkly phone is one of those. Loved seeing that moment through Kurt’s eyes, too. More importantly, I loved the ease with which Jesse spoke to Leroy, and the obvious history that already exists between them.

This isn’t the first time you’ve made the comparison, but I never get tired of reading scenes where other characters observe the change in Jesse’s voice when he’s talking to Rachel. It underscores the depth of his feelings for her, and the way in which he’s different in her company than he is with anyone else. Love it. :)

Kudos to Kurt for figuring out that Rachel was reacting to the colour red, rather than to the people who were trying to approach her.

And then, you gave us yet another bonding moment between Kurt and Jesse! I couldn’t help but grin as Jesse threw Kurt his keys, trusting the younger boy with his Rover. Thank goodness Finn wasn’t clever enough to put the pieces together at that point. I adored Kurt standing up for Rachel (and Jesse) against Finn.

I’ll admit that I felt absolutely no sympathy for Finn as he witnessed the closeness between Jesse and Leroy, and overheard Jesse being called ‘son’. The Berry men know exactly who’s right for their daughter, and it’s not Finn Hudson. He doesn’t deserve to be treated as one of the family (especially given his earlier comment about nobody liking Rachel), whereas Jesse does.

Loved the quiet convo between Leroy and Jesse – they both have Rachel’s best interests at heart, and will do anything to keep her safe. I’m not entirely sure if Jesse started out with ulterior motives via Shelby in this, or if he and Rachel met completely by chance, but I liked the subtle way you revealed Shelby’s connection to Rachel, and Jesse’s knowledge of it. And I really had to laugh at Finn’s total cluelessness, both in terms of having no idea who Shelby is, and at his blank look after Kurt’s remark.

We’ve talked before about the opportunities RIB squandered in terms of having Leroy and Hiram be mentors to Kurt. They are living embodiments of the life Kurt wants to lead, and I see them as being more than willing to help him figure out his place in the world and how to go about being more at ease as an out gay man in small town America. It’s exactly what he needs and, at least in fan fiction, he’s allowed to have that support.

“He's everything we could have wanted for her, and yes, he's cocky and obnoxious as hell, but really, what were we expecting a girl like Rachel to bring home? Finn?” – This. It encapsulates so perfectly everything that’s wrong with RIB’s Finchel obsession.

Loved the moment you scripted between Rachel and Kurt at the end. She *knew* that her actions wouldn’t have been reciprocated, but she did what she thought was right anyway, and has secured a new friendship in the process. I have no doubt that, despite any fear he might feel, Kurt would go to bat for her now.

Ah, Jesse is so clever – being well aware that his girlfriend is already asleep before making a statement she might disagree with. I have to say that I’m with him and Leroy on this one, though. Rachel needs to be where she’s safe, and that’s not WMHS. I’m guessing that, after this incident, Hiram may well be more amenable to the change in schools and, given that Jesse’s not likely to back down, I predict that Rachel’s days at McKinley are numbered.

“hazing helps kids understand our place in the system. It's normal.” – Trust Finn to spout this fallacious bit of garbage, and to believe it, too.

Jesse’s vows at the end, both to marry Rachel someday and to never be so far from her again priceless.

The ‘problem’ with how well you write? It makes me want all of your oneshots to become multi-chapter fics! You create such riveting scenarios for Rachel and Jesse that I always want to know what happens next. I’d happily get lost in your versions of the St. Berry universe forever.
Bri chapter 20 . 4/12/2012
Just had to say that I loved this very very much. I've already reread half of them. You have the credit for completing my conversion to rachel/Jesse pairing. Great job!
parisdamour chapter 20 . 4/7/2012
wow, i'm so in love with your Asian F story arc :)
Phoenix South chapter 2 . 4/1/2012
I think the more I try, I can not express how much I admire their stories , stories are just incredible, they can express the deep bond that Jesse and Rachel have with each other, with words, simple gestures, and small attitudes that make a couple of exciting St. Berry, thank you for writing and give us what Ryan Murphy has given us not!
avonya chapter 20 . 3/31/2012
Hi! I just finished reading all the chapters of this story! It is really good, I hope you will continue, I especially love the Asian F storyline, I am excited to see what happens next! All of the stories are great, though. :)
414 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »