Reviews for Black Knight Moves Forward
TulipNixphe chapter 4 . 6/29/2011
oh gods! lol!
Izzyaro chapter 4 . 6/28/2011
I liked the idea of the Blast-ended Mantulas. The romance was also written very well, so I really enjoyed it. Well done.
Swallow B chapter 4 . 6/27/2011
Funny, I had been expecting the romance all along, and I don't usually like that. I prefer to be surprised. But somehow here it worked. Perhaps because the end was quick and sort of understated. (The fact that I like this couple helped, of course.)

You did a good imaginative work with the Blast-ended Mantulas. I bet you did some research there too.

And what kind of guarantee for future happiness are slaying a dragon and riding up a glass hill - and other such nonsensical accomplishments -, indeed? It's nice to see a bit of common sense overcoming popular myths.
Yue Sai chapter 4 . 6/26/2011
I very much enjoyed your story. Creating the chess pieces was my favorite part. Thanks for writing it, and shall be looking at your other stories. :)

-Yue Sai
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 4 . 6/26/2011
Awe! That's the end? Sad. I did love the end though. Minerva's last few words were pretty funny. Thanks for taking the time and writting the story! :)
Zireael07 chapter 3 . 6/24/2011
The story is brilliant! I love it! Will there be more?
Swallow B chapter 3 . 6/21/2011
Another of Hagrid's breeding experiments? Very plausible.

What made me stop to think here is the portrait of Minerva. There are several reasons why her Animagus is a cat. One of them is that cats are very dignified, while keeping very comfortable at the same time. It does seem like a contradiction with Minerva's hard-backed chairs, etc, yet who knows? I am sure Minerva can eat chicken's wings in a dignified way, even if most humans can't.

Severus' reaction to Pomona is quite in character, though I am sure she only means well.
LookingForChemistry chapter 3 . 6/19/2011
I dunno why i like this sort of unlikely relationship...but they are just so cute together.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 3 . 6/19/2011
The two energetic squirrels thing, funny as hell! This story is amazing and can't wait for the next chapter! Update soon. :)
Swallow B chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
I am still enjoying the backstory to the Philosopher's Stone. Fascinating, to watch Minerva prepare the giant chess board. Excellent observation about the small pieces having a low level of carving. The muse caught you dreaming over a chessboard, I expect. You must have had fun giving them faces, together with Severus. I must say I reacted exactly like Minerva: "Pomona? But I like her!"

This is a sort of parody, though, despite the parts of the story that can be taken 'seriously': a picnic in the Dark Forest while hunting dangerous creatures? Even Harry isn't that foolish. Or perhaps Harry takes himself too seriously.

"You knew where you were with unicorns and thestrals."

"Let him stew in his own potions."

Lovely.
waterside chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
I really enjoyed this chapter, too. Apparently, both Severus and Minerva are difficult personalities - the joke on Pomona was not so bad after all. In any case, I hope she will understand him in the end. :-)

I look forward to the picnic. Their final thoughts in the chapter are quite promising in this respect. ;-) Minerva's plan to teach Severus a lesson makes me think of "The Taming of the Shrew" - with the roles reversed.
MissHerby chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
Uhlala! It sounds good, Minerva intends to teach Severus a lesson ;)

I like your story, keep on updating.

That Pomona scene was good, as it shows that even though he is able to get along with people, it doesn't mean that he turns into someone who gets along with most people. He still is Severus Snape and he'll always be. Therefore changing his personality completly would be just out of character. That thing with Pomona shows that. You're doing a good job in writing his charakter!
Kelly Chambliss chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
/It was never a good idea to startle a witch or wizard in the middle of a high-level magical job/

I love these sorts of imaginings about how magic works; it's fun to see professionals doing what they do best, magical or not.

You do such a fine job of imagining how the world might look to Severus - that he assumes Minerva's problem-solving must be either "dissimulation" or "saintly resignation." It's fascinating to watch both him and Minerva slowly realize that there might be other legitimate ways of looking at things besides their own ways.

/ And he had spent the rest of the dinner glaring at a universe that made him fancy someone who was much older and a Gryffindor, too./

Just one favorite line among many.

The whole transfiguration scene is just so fun and satisfying - Severus's cleverness, his oblique comments on Hagrid and Filius (I like the way that both he and Minerva recognize that in this case, size assuredly does *not* matter). Por Severus - so believably cynical and vulnerable at the same time.

Well done.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
What Minerva says of Severus can be said of your writing as well - "sharp and entertaining as always." Your SS/MM banter is always pitch-perfect, and your characterization is impeccable. But poor Minerva and the (hilarious) parents' letters. I'd imagine she'd be looking forward to dinner even without the "frisson" provided by Severus. But with it to anticipate. . .well, I admire her ability to focus on her task at hand.
Wendy chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
I'm really enjoying this story. You have a way of bringing the reader into the story...I had fun reading about them having fun! Although, I knew as soon as he did it that puttig Pomona as the Black Rook was not a good idea, but maybe Minerva should have given him a chance to explain. I can't wait to read about the picnic!
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »