Reviews for Harry Potter: The Forgotten Brother
krissd6 chapter 24 . 7/5/2016
I am loving this story. Innovative and exciting. On the American issue a major theme of the original and most fan writing is the backward nature of wizard society. Indeed it could be said that stuck in the 19th century is often the best offered. Now think of American society in the 19th century where slavery was legal for more than half that century. Indeed even in the North it was illegal to assist escaped slaves. Even Lincoln was elected on a platform of retaining slavery in the Southern states. In this context the description on American wizard society makes more sense than the traditional American ahistorical versions presented by teenage writers with no understanding of their own history.
fluffytuffy chapter 30 . 7/2/2016
Loved it. It's my second read through and it didn't loose any of it's appeal. What you did with Arnold was pure guines.
Guest chapter 29 . 6/26/2016
nice ass story
Guest chapter 18 . 6/26/2016
again this story is awesome
Guest chapter 15 . 6/26/2016
this story is awesome is see nothing wrong with lily make a artificial intelligent son its magic anything is possible
Guest chapter 11 . 6/26/2016
why would people leave the story this is awesome so far
kanazak chapter 19 . 6/15/2016
Amused note: Americans don't spell exercise with a z, though we do use a z in realize, rather than an s.

Beyond that, good point in your author note.

As an American, I also note that while things like slavery are illegal here, the effects of slavery still remain. Non-whites are still, by and large, stuck in poverty unless they're truly exceptional, and even then they may not get noticed and remain stuck in poverty. The police use racial stereotypes and profiling to determine whether a random loiterer is innocent or suspect, and if suspect they'll occasionally use far too much force. Statistically, people of all skin colors and religions are just as likely of being good and bad as any other skin color or religion, and thus the fact that there are more blacks in prison than whites is rather... unsettling... when whites are the largest group.

Many people in America are working tirelessly to make it as good as most Americans would like to believe, but it's nowhere near becoming a land of true equality.

But no country is perfect. The USA has made some incredible strides on the march of progress, but has a very long way to go still.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 16 . 6/8/2016
Hmmzz... interesting. It kind of went from funny mystery to war novel half way through. Frankly I liked the first half better, much better. Because almost everything was viewed from third perspective all characters turned out horribly flat, not a problem for the first half, because the focus was on the mystery, but it really didn't work well in the second half of the story.
Not sure what the fuss is about how the americas were portrayed, should brits be offended because they get saddled with utterly incompetent governments and magical Hitlers in every story?
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 15 . 6/7/2016
The big reveal in the middle of a mystery story and containing things the reader would have had no way to speculate about? And told in a situation that in no way needed all that secrecy reveal. Something doesn't add up here... Did Lily just spin a cock-and-bull story to get Nev and Co on their side?
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 2 . 6/7/2016
Hah, delegation of tasks at its finest! Forcing Snape the Sourpuss to look through decades of teen girl magazines is pure gold.
Kinestic chapter 19 . 5/29/2016
Your rant to 'timber'at the end of this chapter reminded me of a pic I saw recently - in Britain and Aus, we don't spell schools 'shooting range'.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/24/2016
well hermoine was rude to ron even if she was trying to help. and ron grade were good sick of the ron would not pass with out hermoine.
kingthe13 chapter 5 . 5/22/2016
...I see what your doing but I won't be fooled there's no way in hell that's voldy...god I hope not
kingthe13 chapter 4 . 5/22/2016
The fuck? I know it can't be a deatheaters mark cause she's a well known muggle born
stevefocus chapter 30 . 5/21/2016
Good story, I really enjoyed reading it.
1,987 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »