Reviews for Harry Potter: The Forgotten Brother
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 6/17/2014
"Harry had to be MADE to take his brother's place. There was no one else." Hm. What if there was no Harry? Who would do it then? It sounds to me like Dumbledore needs to get off his butt and get out and fight instead of expecting some miracle savior to do it for him.

I can't believe the Goblins sold him out like that. I'd have told Dumbledore to stuff it. Thankfully, Harry seems to have a loyal House-elf. I hope Snape got a load of buckshot in his butt-the perfect place for it!
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 6/17/2014
So ... is she a Death Eater, or is this a different kind of group? And if the "master" is speaking in Parseltongue, it has to be either Harry or Voldy ... unless there are other unknown Parselmouths. Still, it's tough to imagine Harry killing anyone like that. Then again, it's tough to imagine Hermione as a DE. Curious ... very curious ...
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 6/17/2014
Is Hermione a Death Eater, or has she just appropriated the "technology" (for want of a better word) to create her own Mark as a way to keep in touch with her group of friends and followers? Interesting ...

I love her responses to Molly and Dumbledore. I'd post them, but my block-and-copy feature no longer works on this site. :( I did appreciate her sarcastic "order of the flaming pigeon" and her comment about not understanding why the Potters would be unhappy with Dumbledore: "It's not as if you filled his head with delusions of grandeur for thirty-two years and then let him be kidnapped from right under your nose, only for his severed body parts to turn up all over the country for a fortnight, is it?" Go, Hermione!

I'm guessing Harry is the "male companion" she sees on a regular basis.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 6/17/2014
If I were Harry, I'd tell Dumbledore to go and take care of Riddle himself. I still can't believe Dumbledore didn't obliviate Snape, so that he wouldn't remember the prophecy. If he had done that, Voldy would not know about it, and the Wizarding world would have had to solve their own problems instead of dumping them on the shoulders of someone else to solve. I hope Harry has the guts to tell them to go take a ride on a jinxed broom.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 6/17/2014
Why doesn't Dumbledore just ask James and Lily? Apparently they are alive, if part of Arnold was sent to them.

"... the question that Albus Dumbledore now had to ask himself was; was he willing to take that risk?" It seems to me that Harry is the one who has to be willing to take the risk. After all, no one has given a flying fig about him for his entire life. Why should he suddenly be willing to take ANY risks for people who have never even acknowledged his existence?
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
I'm disappointed in Dumbledore. I'd think that in such a case as this, he would remember every single, solitary scrap of information about the Potters, including ALL of the kids' names and ages, and know exactly where every one of them was at any given time.

Then again, perhaps Harry is off living a full, happy, normal life, without the manipulation and unwanted interference of Dumbledore. I hope so.
trouble97018 chapter 29 . 6/10/2014
Just wanted to toss in a couple of my thoughts.
I don't usually care for this type of fic. For some reason it sucked me right in and I really enjoyed it. Loved the plot twists! I really hope you keep writing because anyone who is as original as you NEEDS to keep on in some form or another.
As for the American thing-take it from someone born and raised in this country-we have just as many sheeple as any other and they are just as ignorant. Perhaps more so! Ignore them please.
I will be looking forward to more from you.
Sogo chapter 30 . 5/31/2014
I have to say, I found this a very interesting story. I understand you got a lot of flack for some of the ideas you used, but I found them unique and interesting. Thank you for sharing your work and continuing to do so despite some negative responses.
Guest08 chapter 30 . 5/29/2014
Artists are always hated for what they do create, what they don't create and what the artist thinks is right. This story is brilliant, a work of art in my opinion. People will dislike this story for some things ( like the Arnold Potter part ) and people will dislike it because you didn't include the Harry/Hermione relationship fast enough. Most of all people will hate this story because of their own prejudices as the artist decides another plausible explanation should be represented. Americans are patriotic, many to a fault ( other countries and cultures are like this as well but it is Americans that are relevant here ). If you say anything remotely negative about their beliefs they will lash out, many without thinking. I would not worry about a few Americans deciding that your story doesn't show them to be perfect and so it must be evil, terrible and a criminal offense. It is my opinion that this is an exceptional story, and I hope to read many more like it in the future.
Guest08
Guest chapter 11 . 5/27/2014
SPOILER

Ok, well I am definitely not in an approval camp of Harry w/ two girlfriends... Yeah, NO. Sorry, this is the end of the line for me, very much against my beliefs and convictions.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/26/2014
SPOILER

... don't get it. If Granger is so "rights for muggle-borns!" Then why is she a death eater, exactly?

Not that this isn't terribly interesting, do go on.
Blueberry Babe chapter 30 . 5/26/2014
Thank you so much for your efforts and great stories. I have read many of them and I enjoy your writing style. I look forward to reading the new stories you just mentioned and the older ones in your list that I haven't gotten to yet. Well done.
PerfectionJune chapter 30 . 5/21/2014
Dear Sprinter,
I am an American, and I quite appreciated what you said. While it is fantasy, I think that there is still racism in America. I have been on the receiving end of racism because I am white and therefore, somehow "deserve it". What you wrote about in this story was daring, but it showed some aspects of humanity and the wizarding world I felt were implied by Jo and not said outright. This idea of muggleborn slaves is actually quite good because it confronts an issue that came up in jo's later books about the "History between Purebloods and Muggle borns". When I read it, I always thought that there may have been something more there, and in this story I saw remarkable honesty and insight that (While it may not have been Jo' intent in the original stories) really show a new side to the wizarding world. Great job and keep writing, I would love to (And plan to) read more.
peteanderica chapter 30 . 5/12/2014
Loved it:-)
Ruby Rosethorn chapter 4 . 5/3/2014
"Order of the Flaming Pigeon"? That's probably the funniest OotP bashing I've ever heard! I laughed for a good five minutes! (And got very odd looks from the people around me. Have they never read something funny in a book or something? I mean, really? Is it that hard to believe?)

Why do I get the feeling that Harry's on the dark side now? Well, at least he gets cookies...

-Ruby Rosethorn, Ravenclaw