Reviews for Harry Potter: The Forgotten Brother
Guest chapter 14 . 4/29/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
BlueSerpentTongue chapter 30 . 4/27/2014
you are a genius and just ignore "timber" as they don't seem to understand that MAGICAL/WIZARDING America is all fiction-not real their views don't matter because i read your story all the way through and loved it. btw i really liked necromancer Lily nice instead of harry fo a change. keep up the amazing work and be strong.
mia chapter 30 . 4/7/2014
i usually start a review by saying i only write reviews once in a red moon and that you should feel so privileged because ive read fanfic for so many years or whatever. not this time. i am the one who has been privileged to read this. i started reading it when you first wrote it, and was so confused by my many stories that i didnt check on it for some time, and eventually it was so far up my bookmarks i stopped reading. imagine my surprise when i looked up the author of Harry Potter: Junior Inquisitor and while looking through other things he published I found this gem i started reading a little while ago. this story is so amazingly epic that it is literally difficult to find the words for a review. the twists, the turns, the history, the use of obscure spells, alternate histories and different perspectives- i'm from the us btw and i still remember when the civil rights movement happened, predecessed by womens suffrage, and not so far from slavery as many would lead us to think, and also btw, how long did slavery last in the u.s.? people forget their history and while they forget others remember. thank you. and dont be afraid to write in this style again. I've been reading your stories. BE BRAVE MY FRIEND. and please dont mind my punctuation/capitalization, i could never write as well as you and you know it. cheers.
Lunaris-wind chapter 30 . 4/8/2014
I read this whole story, and I can't say I know why. It really was not very good. As you yourself point out, the character development was bad. By bad, I mean virtually non-existent. You included a lot of useless backstory, such as ch.26, and introduced many meaningless characters, while barely developing the characters that matter.

The story had some glaring holes as well. The two that stuck out the most are; 1. The ages of the characters, and 2. Harry's anonymity from his own father.

1. In the British wizarding world, people marry and have children very young. This is evident in the books, and reinforced in fanfiction. Despite that, you have characters who are in their early thirties who are not yet wed and without children. For a family like the Malfoy's, who feel bloodline and wealth are important, it would be unthinkable to not have an heir already.

2. The story states that Harry was born, he has a record of birth as being a twin. Despite his birth certificate, somehow James doesn't know he exists. He apparently lived in the same house as his father for 11 years, and 3 summers, and yet James doesn't know he exists. That makes absolutely no sense.

As for your apparent problem with American readers, such as myself, I think that it is inconceivable that magical society could be that far divorced from it's muggle counterpart. America's civil war decimated the country, and killed over 600,000 people. The war was essentially fought over slavery (though many scholars would say otherwise, almost every other point made can be turned back to slavery), and yet in your story, had no effect on wizarding America. I find this a ridiculous premise. I do not doubt that wizarding America could have started like you say, but by the 1870's, I can't see how it would continue that way.

And, that's all. It's imports since that you wrote and finished the story, but I can't say much else good past that.
noreenklose chapter 30 . 4/7/2014
Great story!
I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.
I'm sorry about the Trolls that flamed you, as you write more (I hope!) maybe you will develop some way to "let it roll off like water off a duck's back." Ignore them- - -they're called Trolls for a reason. I know, easier said than done...but just concentrate on the MANY people who are reading your work that just LOVE it.

KUTGW,

Noreen
Tr0g chapter 30 . 4/7/2014
I really liked this story. Battle scenes and character development were internally consistent. Best of all was the plot, whose details and twists were refreshingly original.
I will definitely be reading more.
Josh20 chapter 30 . 4/7/2014
Loved this story! Loved your portrayal of the wizarding world politics. I know hp is a childrens story but it does have a lot of holes. This story just made me realise a new one.
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 30 . 4/6/2014
I know I'm late comer to the story ch 2014 but I just read finished your story. But overall I thought you wrote a very good story. Be an American I have no problem with how you represented wizarding America the only thing I would say is the way it came across it sounded like it was still slavery and that would be the only problem that I have with it. That being said I thought it was a very good story
kelwin chapter 9 . 4/3/2014
very funny. where luna goes there also walks humer lol
DarkHarmonian chapter 30 . 4/3/2014
An amazing story and cant wait to read more like this one keep up the good work.
DarkHarmonian chapter 11 . 4/2/2014
Man your imagination is really good. I would never come about the idea of Harry being a master really good one and cant wait to read more. So on to the next chapter
DarkHarmonian chapter 4 . 4/2/2014
Damn i never expected that last part to happen really good thing as i dont think anyone expected it
CaBuckeye chapter 6 . 4/1/2014
Hmmmm. What will Harry say to the Goblins the next time he sees them? After all, his whereabouts could only have come from one place.
Jonuts chapter 13 . 4/1/2014
The way these folks deploy is both incredibly lame and incredibly awesome. I honestly don't know if I want to shake my head or cheer. Either way, now I'm going to be wasting a great deal of time trying to come up with something cooler to use myself :D
Jonuts chapter 8 . 3/31/2014
#"Isn't upper thigh just code for arse?"#

It's code for "He's about to bleed out from a severed femoral artery". Now, I'm not British, so maybe on that side of the pond upper thigh means arse instead upper thigh. I can honestly say I've never once heard the arse referred to as the upper thigh. Glute Maximus would be code word for getting shot in the arse :D
1,782 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »