Reviews for Dancing
WriterGreenReads chapter 1 . 4/16/2017
Ok... that made me really sad.
TidePoolDevil chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
I love the idea of the Fire Nation being party animals once upon a time.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
I love this! For so many reasons - the Gaang bonding, the reservations toward Zuko on Sokka's and Katara's parts (not having had their life-changing field trips yet), but also the descriptions of the Fire Nation and Kuzon. I love imagining them as super-passionate people, and I love the way you've portrayed that - how you've compared (and sort of contrasted) Aang's own fun-loving and matter-of-factly emotional nature with the passion and drama of the past Fire Nation. Sorry, this is turning into a ramble, but I absolutely love this scene - it's got so much of what I love in good fanfic!
Always-Striving chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
This is the fic I've ALWAYS wanted to see. Cultural changes, the impacts of an entirely new society emerging over time, warped and not at all resembling its roots and... - all that other big-worded, fun stuff. I mean, just the implications of how difficult it must be for the Fire Nation to consider so much celebration, dancing, candy, etc. is intriguing, and you fleshed it out so well! I loved how you gave details on one of the celebrations, why Sozin did away with it, and most especially how much they used to love melodramatic acting and thus evoke some kind of extreme reaction, as well (one of the renmants of that being the Ember Island Players, I'm sure). Overall, woderful story, and I will most definitely fave it.
Angst Splatter chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Aww, this kind of made my heart break. :( I feel like the ending just kind of dropped off rather than really ending, but I suppose that's true, huh? It's not really supposed to have an ending-ending.

I liked the basis of the story, and the little glimpse you gave us into the old Fire Nation. The glass balls was an especially neat touch.

Well done all around.
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Aww this was sweet! I never really thought much about how the Fire Nation culture must have changes in 100 years of war. This is an interesting look into Aang's mind on the subject.
GlenPoint chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
That was really well written and really sad. In there attempt to force their influence and customs on the world the Fire Nation lost a lot of what made them great. Yet, the ending gives hope that Aang and Zuko can restore fun to the nation.
Ginshi-chan chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Win. Aang needs to show Zuko how to dance.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
That's really sad. The memories, and all of it. (it doesn't help that I'm listening to Pachabells Cannon). Sozin and probably Azulon really went at destroying the world. Starting with their nations spirit.

-Dyslexic Nerd
XXCaptainUsoppXX chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
This. This is amazing. I can see this being 100% true...
JustCause chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
When I read this, it struck me as to how much this made sense. Fire is the essence of life and the Fire Nation and the people of it would naturally be full of life.

One thing which I noticed is that the Fire Nation is a series of islands near the equator so it would make sense that their climate would be like that of the Carribean. Can you imagine a festival filled with lanterns along a beach among tropical flowers and coral reefs?
J the Drafter chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Wow. That's pretty sad. I like Aang's surprise and bewilderment over how the Fire Nation he remembers is gone.
Tsu-chan chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
This makes me so ridiculously sad! You'd better bring back those holidays, Zuko!
Taisi chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Aww, Aang. Changing lives, everywhere you go. -luffs-
Loopy777 chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
That was very in-character, especially for Zuko (who is hard to peg at this stage in his development). I thought it did a better job than "The Headband" at highlighting the tragedy of the Fire Nation's current state. I wish the cartoon had given us more of these little multi-character interactions.