Reviews for Cruel
Nightshade2412 chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
Poor Wills - both of them! In my mind I always play this scene from Wills POV and this story helps me understand them as well as being almost as heart-wrenching as the film DX
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
I liked it! Though a bosun is a position on a ship, not the name of the man himself. I love Bill Nighy and his over diction benedi
Mic RiddyBanon chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
I think you've written this really well - and completely agree there should be more about this from Will's POV instead of Bootstrap's! Well done.
Bonkers4Reid chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
That scene always makes me wanna cry/makes me wanna be sick. Nice job.
galaxyspaceandtime chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
sweet
Agent047 chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
I like this idea. It's interesting to look into what Will is thinking during that whole scene. I liked the way you portrayed his impression of Bootstrap when he first "really" looked at him - seeing him for the defeated and trapped person he is. :)
Nytd chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
This scene was nicely played out from Will's persepctive, and well-written.

Your attention to detail and the vivid descriptions you use really allow the reader to experience the scene on the Dutchman. Everything from your description of the rain to the pain experienced by Will.

'The blows rattled his bones, he couldn't breathe, the pain was clouding out every thought, and still there was one more. Crack. The whip fell across his back one last time, crossing the other lashes and opening them deeper.

Very gruesome, but very effective.

'Will sighed. He nodded once, and Bootstrap sighed a sigh that seemed to come from the very bottom of his soul.'

So much is conveyed in this line -forgiveness, regret, relief, and understanding. Great passage!

Nicely done!