Reviews for The Cutie Mark Clash
ryu238 chapter 9 . 11/16/2012
This is awesome! Why hasn't this been updated in so long?
The Cyclone chapter 9 . 2/15/2012
Just to put this out there, but DJ-P0N3 need to drop TROMBE!, once.

n the first Super Robot Wars Original Generation game on the Gameboy Advance, a bug in the programming for an enemy boss which switches to the player's side prevented his BGM priority from being reset, making it so his music overrode all the other themes in the game, including the Final Boss theme. This has become known as "Trombe Override" after the name of the song, Trombe!. And has been added as a feature for every subsequent game in which that character appears. The song in question was named after the characters HORSE.
Honeypuss chapter 9 . 2/9/2012
This is actually quite good. I never got into Streetfighter or anything like that, but I can see the references quite clearly. I also really love the buffalo's name for Pinkie Pie "Dances with no Shame"! Love it love it love it!
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 8 . 9/15/2011
- I wonder who won the battle between Ditzy and the Shadowbolts; also, I wonder what's going to happen when AJ and Mac meet up.
Mawxter chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
I really love the "Guile's theme goes with anything" reference in this chapter.
Drakon Samael chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
There is no way I can put this eloquently...so here's the blunt: This story is AWESOME! I'm a huge fan of Street Fighter and I love the crossover idea along with the OC's and sorta OC's (Characters that don't get much screen time) that you're putting into the story. I love what you're doing with them as well, they're very true to personality given the...oddness of the situation. Plus, the fighting styles match well with the different characters (so far as the ones I can remember). The only problem I can readily see is that you don't give enough warning when moving from one scene to the next. It's not bad enough to damage the story, but it messes with flow a good bit. You get into reading about something and then it switches to another character with no warning, it kinda throws people off and makes them go back to read through again so they can make sure that they didn't miss something important.

All in all you've got a real good story, just a few tweaks, but other than that you've done an awesome job.
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 6 . 7/27/2011
Oh, super; Luna's group wound up getting waylaid by jackassery at just the wrong time. Too bad Ditzy doesn't have first aid for that guy's brain.
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 4 . 7/17/2011
Soooo...what's Pinkie Pie's workrate?
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 5 . 7/16/2011
I was wondering when Ditzy would show up; making her the courier for the organizers does make a lot of sense.
iPinkNinja chapter 4 . 7/1/2011
Very well written so far! I wouldn't have thought to set the ponies against each other that way. Creative! Kudos for that. AJ versus Big Mac. I was rooting for AJ but the winner of that match influenced the more recent events in the story. I love Pinkie's comments when she is fighting Rarity. She uses the knowledge of being in a show to her advantage. It just goes to show that the most crazy can also be the wisest. I hope for an update soon!
Bluemew22 chapter 3 . 6/20/2011
I hope you don't mind, but I'm completely ignoring you paper-thin disguise for Guile.

Just the fact that Guile and DJ P0N-3 just had a music battle over who could make best version of the Guile Theme makes you the greatest author in 's pony archive.
NamelessHeretic chapter 2 . 6/19/2011
TWILIGHT SPARKLE'S HORN GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!

IT'S LOUD ROAR TELLS HER TO GRASP VICTORY!

FINISHING MOVE - GIGA! UNICORN! !
Cap'n Chryssalid chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
yes, everything goes with Guile theme.

This is quite amusing and had much of what I enjoy. Out of series references, in-jokes, quirky character interactions, humor with hints of upcoming action.

I expect at least one "TOASTY!" reference during a Pinkie Pie fight. Yes, different fighting franchise, but how can you not? Fluttershy should also have a rather amusing ANIMALITY! Actually, while we're at it, we finally meet Dash's father and he's a Heihachi expy. There's just so much silly stuff you can potentially do with generic fighting game craziness.

One thing you may want to correct in chap 2, though:

"Even though I was (wasn't) around that episode"

Two amusing fights to start things off, though. T-T is only natural. the other fight before it was much more surprising, and I top my hat to you for pulling it off as you did.
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 2 . 6/5/2011
Maybe Twilight should have forfeited against Trixie before she could issue her bet, something like:

"No, Trixie, I'm going to do something WORSE to you than defeating you!"

"Oh, and what would that be, pray tell?"

"I'm going to deprive you of an ADVERSARY!"

With that, the purple unicorn turned her back on Trixie, laid down, and declared, "I FORFEIT!" making the audience gasp, and then boo.

And then she should have quit the whole tournament, too :D
Bosparrow chapter 2 . 6/5/2011
Well, I was getting interested in this, but the Hadouhorn kinda ruined it for me. Street Fighter references are fine and dandy (EX: Gil and the Sonic Boom) but when their used too much, I lose interest. I'm sure bigger fans of Street Fighter will enjoy this more, so it's not a problem with the story. It really just depends on the person reading. I'm a Smash Bros. guy myself, so the fighting aspect has appeal but not the S.F. stuff. Even so, don't break out too many "Falcon Punch" or "Pony Punch" references either. They do get repetitive sometimes. Keep on writing!

Cheers, mate.