Reviews for The New Skin
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 11/7/2011
Of course evacuating the entire castle would have saved a lot of lives. Alas, that's not the Gryffindor way.

-I sighed silently to myself. I thought Aberforth had sent me somewhere they spoke English.

Heh. Love that! I'm glad he apparated out of the store rather than try going through the door; some of the stuff he lifted would have had something electronic to go ding if he gone that way. And a Red Sox hoodie will cover a multitude of sins in Red Sox Nation (and yes, I _do_ own a copy of FAITHFUL).

But the Voldie dreams are disturbing; it's a possibility that not all of Snake Face is going gentle into that good night.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 11/7/2011
They hadn't needed to waste that hour, that hour that delayed Potter and led to Vincent's death and so many others. All because when it came down to it, Albus didn't trust me enough to tell me.

-But all those deaths were part of the Greater Good, don't you know? How sad (not!) that Snape lack the long view that Albus so obviously had. Besides, Goyle was just a Slytherin, and didn't count.

And Snape's memories are overwhelming him-because part of him is now feeling safe enough to let them do so. The iron control is no longer quite so necessary.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 11/7/2011
This story starts out remarkably well. I hope Snape finds out sometime that the last Horcrux really _is_ gone; his overdeveloped sense of responsibility would make him return and risk his life at the hands of the mob...for the usual reward. At least Aberforth seems to be competent enough at trying to save Snape's life, unlike everyone else in the WW. Must follow this story!
wolfwillow chapter 9 . 11/4/2011
I like your interpretation that Avery was just trying to get Mary Macdonald's attention, and that Severus forced Lucius to help him and Albus! The beads are a neat idea, too.
no-name chapter 21 . 11/4/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

that was a nice piece of psychology in this chapter! It almost makes up for your late update :-)

Best,

no-name
notwolf chapter 21 . 11/3/2011
Sev is boinking Uli? Ooooooo. After all those years of keeping to himself, keeping in control, he made a mistake. She probably isn't harmful, though. Poor guy is confused now, lost without a cause to adhere to.

Hmm, I am wondering if the new potion he wants to develop must be somehow tailored to each werewolf by his or her own DNA. Is that one professor a werewolf, the one Dick said 'knows about metamorphosis'? Or it could be because of his work...

Poor Snape is so paranoid that he thinks everything will be used against him. But then, years of actually living that way does pound home the point. "It didn't expose me as excessively paranoid, for one thing." (but we know, Sevvie)

"Oh certainly Death Eaters must not be allowed to backstab and infight, it is bad for morale and counterproductive to the cause. There ought to be a rule." LOL

I forgot all about those beads, too. They are the beads from the DEs, aren't they? He still doesn't know which old friends he can trust. So sad.

I look forward to the next installment.
Kat chapter 21 . 11/3/2011
There you go, Sev...relax and get yourself some! I like how you write his sexual history - Muggle women, no strings attached. It drives me nuts when people write Severus as a 38 year old virgin pining for Lily. SO unrealistic.

I like Uli, but I'm worried that the skin man, or something else, is going to get her. Sev has definitely, ah, 'touched' her, which puts her at risk.

Great story!
FaeryMage chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
*grins at the tossing into the river* Great chapter.
notwolf chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
"Of course. Whenever there will be a boat ride, I am there." Reminds me of my grandma-whenever the car left, she wanted to be in it. They called her 'gas ass'. LOL

What a strange river. Is it real? And yeah, some of those suits do look like dental floss. Disgraceful. I love that line, "If I could train my snakes, I could train anyone." Good joke he pulled on them, and let them know he has a sense of humour.

Lovely of them to throw him in the river. I guess his little joke emboldened them. Having been among ppl he couldn't trust for so long, naturally he's not going to trust them to help him back to the boat. The light side sounds scary.

I love Park, he's so goofy and genial. Yes, Severus, turn it around on them. yes, yes... LOL-Sev doesn't know what a high 5 is. Uh-oh, it looks like they may have begun some kind of rivalry.

It does look like Mata has a crush on Paola. I think fishing is pretty boring, too. "but then everyone says that potions masters are a bit strange." Got that right! Damn right no one had the guts to say it to his face. I like how he defends himself.

It was a good trip, and it got everyone more comfortable with the rest. Sev could even snap at Mata about smoking without him getting peeved.

Hmm, now he's got to make up a story about the scar, and not liking to be touched.
lidiladilom chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Hei!

I really like your story.

Let me tell you why.

I generally like stories where Snape survives, few people know where he goes and he does something in a place where nobody knows him. I like how he is still recovering psychologically, having those freezes and nightmares... I love Dick, who is a very supportive friend.

And most of all, I love how you grasp the dangers and carefree attitude of the wizarding world. How the witches and wizards of your story research those dangerous beauties of nature, and how they accept the weird and strange, as it's perfectly normal. Like the undead fish :):)

Please continue, I'd love to see how Cyrill's and the RAs' relationship goes :):)

Yours,

lidiladilom.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Dental floss? I've never heard that before! ROFL! Poor Grossman! Thanks for the chapter! Update soon! :)
no-name chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

nice fluffy chapter!

One remark: If the herbology RA Gabriella is supposed to be German, then her surname is probably spelled 'Hoffmann' instead of 'Hoffman'. When Germans immigrated to the US, the second 'n' was often dropped in order to make the name look more 'English', but, in Germany, 'Hoffmann' is the usual spelling.
Katharine chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Ooooh! Sev and Uli, sitting in a jungle tree...LOL.

I love the symbolism of the dark and light waters running side by side, and Sev being more comfortable in the dark waters because the light is less familiar to him. Very cool!

The RAs are fun! I'd like hanging out with them :).
stgulik chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
This chapter made me smile from start to finish. He deserved the chance to become more socialized. Your Snape should be proud of himself; I think that was first joke he's cracked since he last spoke to Dolores Umbridge.
Azariahna chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
worst story ever. needs more spanking.
257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »