Reviews for The New Skin
darkaccalia520 chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
Well, I had read chapter 1 of this in a review tag many, many moons ago. But I was surprised I never read more. Shame on me because this is excellent. You know, Serverus Snape is one of my favorite characters,and you've captured his voice perfectly. I really love how we delve into his thoughts on all the events that have occurred. And his realization of what he'd have to do and his reaction is perfect. I am very much enjoying this story and shall make a point to read more. Well done. Eagerly looking forward to more. :)
bluemeanies chapter 36 . 7/6/2012
This was very good as well, thank you
Guest chapter 17 . 7/3/2012
Err, just a little nitpick, it's São Paulo (rather than Paolo). No big deal, just thought I'd point it out.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/3/2012
Hi! I'm here reading this after reading and loving The Clear Cut. I'm a little sad that it seems that Lucius is gonna be left to fend for himself, as I'm quite fond of him, but I'm excited about where this is going and I really wanna find out who's sending the skin after him! Err, it occured to me now that it could be Lucius or the Malfoys. I hope not, but oh well, I'm sure it will be well executed regardless.
Now it seems that Snape will be spending some time in Brazil, which usually gets me worried, as I am brazilian, and primed to find faults in depictions of my country, but then again I've never been to Amazonas, so I wouldn't be able to tell how accurate you're being. I will tell you this, at the very least you got it right about Brazil with just that line about how every problem can be fixed.. for a fee.
Vyscaria chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
In terms of writing, I think you have a very well stocked vocabulary base. So good on you for that! However, I feel as if the tone is monotonous... Snape's surroundings are being very carefully described, but I'm getting very little in terms of his emotional state of mind. Even after reading about Voldemort's death, he seemed to see it in a detached manner. I'm not sure if this is what you meant to portray, since I suppose you may be trying to capture Snape's impersonal nature. In this case, I think it's well done and I would look forward to reading the rest when his past catches up to him. :)

Good work!
Vyscaria chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I like the imagery in the beginning here. It's an excellent start to the fic. There's a sense of bewilderment, confusion, and yet drugged resignation that I got from that passage. Good work.

Reading on, the dialogue is well executed, and I can hear the characters' voices in my mind. You've got a good grasp of canon language, so that is good. I loved your vivid description of the cigar box; it's things like that that give this work a touch of magic. :)

Good job.
LumosMist31237 chapter 36 . 6/5/2012
Finished!

"The Clear Cut" was such a wonderful story that it went straight to my favorite story list...

Well, this one is even better. So now there are two stories on my list. Feel honored!

If I should ever need another potion recipe I will contact you. I had to make up a formula for dreamless sleep potion and it turned out so lame compared to your stuff. Of course DSP is not worth a Paracelus price.

Thinking about it, I might need a recipe for a potion that IS worth the Paracelus price. You'll hear from me :-)

Lumos!
LumosMist31237 chapter 28 . 6/4/2012
Wow!

We have a man here in Germany called Rüdiger Nehberg. He used to visit the Yanomami tribe in Brazil and has given many talks about his experiences.

I have heard two of his talks about the Yanomami. Now, your story about the Oi doesn't feel an ounce less real than his stories. I am about to believe you that there is a magical tribe living in the midst of the Amazonas. It is really incredible with how much care you research such details!
LumosMist31237 chapter 23 . 6/4/2012
Gosh, I have to sort my mental notes on all the chapters I wanted to review. There were so many good ones, I am afraid I don't remember half of them.

I had many laughs reading this one. I have to say I love all of your OCs. Especially Grossman, Dick, Park and Zosimos and our dear Professor Funke.

Many years ago I've visited a small university in Brazil for two months and your description of the university in Manaus seems to stem from my own memories.

I know you are a practitionar of Dark Magic, but this is really an awsome trick. A bit scarry, though.

Could you tell me how it works?
LumosMist31237 chapter 14 . 6/3/2012
Chapter 14 made me laugh more than once. The description of the "academic setting" is spot on! And I suspect that you know what you are writing about.

I loved it!
LumosMist31237 chapter 9 . 6/3/2012
Actually, it was chapter 14 that made me leave the warmth of my bed in order to write a review, but then I remembered this one...

It somehow touches me deeply, whenever you write about the Slytherin house trying to answer questions which have never been answered in the books.

It always troubled me that this conflict was never solved.
kickthemoon chapter 36 . 5/9/2012
Have read The Clear Cut and this story in very quick succession - absolutely amazing. Loved them both, loved your Snape with no reservations, he's exactly as he should be: intelligent, into the darkest of magic, with a moral core that is quite well hidden. I also like the details, his upbringing, his changing his accent and so on, you've managed to get the class tensions in there as well. Perfect. But rather sad I have to wait until December for more :(

Oh, you also write beautifully (that's not an afterthought, it's one of those things you don't notice because it's so good)
Silverthreads chapter 36 . 3/22/2012
Wonderful story. Can't wait to read the next one.
Silverthreads chapter 18 . 3/22/2012
Is there a specific spell for opening a bottle of Guiness stout?
Betsy chapter 21 . 3/10/2012
I love this story. It is fresh, different, and very well written so far. I don't see Snape as being OOC at all, which is amazing considering most Snape-survives-the-Battle-of-Hogwarts stories have massively OOC Snapes. Fantastic. Keep writing!
376 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »