Reviews for The New Skin
Zireael07 chapter 26 . 12/6/2011
I love the chapter. Poor Vince.

Where can I find the essays mentioned? And is the spell Sectumsempra?
no-name chapter 26 . 12/6/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

given the fact that Snape has a piece of the 'skin donor' (the part of the tooth) and that he suspects that Avery uses the donor's hair to polyjuice into the donor, wouldn't it be funny to 'rekey' the skin using the tooth to Avery's favorite disguise :-) ?

It would really be a catch: If Avery continues to pose as the donor, the skin man will dispose of him sooner or later. If Avery changes his polyjuice donor the skin man will hunt for himself - but he is already dead :-). So both ways, Snape would be left alone...

Best,

no-name
fifi089 chapter 25 . 12/5/2011
Very good, I'm looking forward to more. For the reviewer who likes Snape-the-detective, there is an excellent story called Orion's Pointer which you might also like... Snape-the-secret-agent
fifi089 chapter 19 . 12/4/2011
Super story! I'm reading it slowly to savour it. I see that Snape's legendary inter-personal skills are eh.. coming to the forefront again... and what does he have against Grossman who seems a very decent chap ? Too exuberant perhaps.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 25 . 12/1/2011
I feel bad for Severus again. I haven't felt this bad for him since that thing with Bella happened. :/ Thanks for the chapter. Update soon! :)
lidiladilom chapter 25 . 11/29/2011
Cool new chapter! Dangerous spy mission and detectivework! Snape alone against formidable enemies! Love these chapters :):)

I've been thinking about the skin's destruction. Maybe the only way is to make another skinman for yourself and set it to destroy the first one, after all, he has the remains... well, that would be really evil...

Or, tric kthe skin to think it achieved its aim. For instance, Snape could polijuice someon into himself and bring him close to the skin, so that the skin could kill the impostor instead of him... but that is also highly immoral...

I don't know... tough...

By the way, I love the crossoverish spirit- taking cameos in other people's fanfiction, just like TV shows :):)

Thanks for the new chapter!

l.
Alcoremortis chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
Excellent chapter. I do so love it when Snape does all the detective-y work. And I'm very curious to see who created this monstrosity. I have my theories...but they're all pretty ridiculous. (Dobby! Back from the dead...just kidding)

And having the piranhas eat Mr. Boneless...seems sort of horrifying. All I can think of is a bunch of boneless fish flopping up the stairs. Of course, they would have a hard time getting up on top of raised surfaces (like the table) so we'd end up with the most deadly game of "the floor is lava" ever. Actually...that sounds pretty cool...
Hwyla chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
I thought I was 'creeped out' before by the 'Skin'. NOW, I am even more so! I cannot imagine who might have been the one to send it after him.

Yet again you show how well you describe magical acts we've not seen in Potterverse before. I love that there ARE 'principles' for Dark Magic - tho' I would presume that the bit about the 'whole' and the 'part' really ought to apply to 'Light Magic' as well.

Eagerly awaiting your next chapter!
notwolf chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
Thanks for the plug, dear! Always appreciated!

I feel for Snape. I, too, suffer from continuous bad dreams, perhaps caused by an overactive imagination and severe paranoia, haha.

Ewww, he killed a 'donor' to take the skin so he could send it after Snape. That is purely wicked, even worse than just sending a conjured skin. I love how he tries to sort it out logically, also as I would do. Maybe I am Snape, only I don't know it...the gender thing throws me.

I know-use "Point me to the skin man" charm. Hahaha.

" could almost hear Lucius' voice sneering, "how very elegant." It was an old popsicle stick I had found on the shingle, run through with a rusty nail.

"Shut it, Lucius, It'll work." I adore the brotherly attitude these two have.

All that polyjuicing will be hard on his body, but you do what you gotta do. "but what the hell was someone's hand doing on my arse?" Classic! Unfortunately, his glare as a teen girl isn't too intimidating.

Wow, whoever did the skin man really found a good, quiet hiding place. I mean not quiet-rather noisy-but hides anything he may do, any sound he makes, any screams of his victims. Well, Sevvie found the space, now to find the person responsible.

Hmm...can he make a charm somehow to counter the one against him, since he's got a bit of the skin man? Let's find out!

Riveting chapter!
Katharine chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
Never piss on the third rail...LOL!

I love how you write Sev's spy missions. I've never read anything like it in other Snape stories!
Zireael07 chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
Love the chapter. Brilliant!
graynavarre chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
I wondering who did the skin man.

Yeah, I was thinking about the evil fishies. Lure it into the pool, then cut the evil fishies into tiny, tiny, little bitty pieces and store them into unbreakable containers (which is what I would have done to the evil fishies a long time ago.)

Notwolf's story led me to this story and I am enjoying it.
wolfwillow chapter 24 . 11/26/2011
I was hoping Dick was going to drop that bloody coat in the piranha pool. It might not have been a permanent solution to the problem, but it would have been a bit of short-term fun.

Thanks for a suspenseful chapter!
twistedartist chapter 24 . 11/26/2011
feed the skinman to the piranhas! They will be happy little demon fish.
notwolf chapter 24 . 11/22/2011
Ahhhh! I had almost forgotten about the skin man, and I guess Sev did too. Horrifying to think it can track you anywhere, even when you're so careful to try losing it.

Not only horrifying for himself, but because everyone was in danger now. Wow, what a terrible thing. Oh, Dick, just do it and stop arguing! The universal solvent-do they still have that? Maybe they can melt the damned thing.

I love that Dick took charge. Sev is so used to doing everything by himself he doesn't ask for help, even from those with more experience in other areas.

"That was one solution, the only drawback being that for some reason I didn't want to die." How droll and funny. So like him.

Oh, oh-the piranhas! Couldn't they eat it?

Sev naturally jumps to the worst conclusion, he's got a talent for that. And, in all fairness, the damn thing is getting good at tracking him. Makes me wonder if it was made in America, and if so-by whom?

He really is a romantic, isn't he? LOL
299 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »