Reviews for The New Skin
Farquharine chapter 8 . 8/7/2011
Snape is paranoid, isn't he? Will he learn to shed his distrust or end up hiding forever? Or perhaps his fears are justified. I'm looking forward to your updates.

Good story and well written with lots of detail.
no-name chapter 8 . 8/3/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

cool chapter! I liked all you 'dark market' allusions in 'The clear cut'... please bring more of them here!

no-name chapter 7 . 8/3/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

'when Lucius had been put away for 10 years' - didn't you say 15 in an earlier chapter?

notwolf chapter 8 . 8/2/2011
Yeah, lady, leave a poor guy who's never used the net alone. Like h'll know what to do! Good idea, computer classes. Convoluted logic about using the code, but it works for him, so bully for him!

It would be depressing to think you'd have to spend yur life in the diner you hated. Doesn't like the Fourth of July, huh? Bloody twat, haha.

Nott, being Slyterin, saw no advantage to revealing Severus' name, but Aberforth was probably a Gryffindor, and they are notoriously foolhardy.

What a lot of work to find that address. I hope it is worth it. I suppose so, if he gets some ID out of it.

Love how Pulcipher says, "We got one of those cameras" as if it were an odd thing to have-which for them, it is. At least he does quality work. Must know a lot of dark spells. And the disclaimer about being for novelty purposes-hilarious!

If Snape had written the Good Faith agreement, it would probably take two pages! I wonder what he wants that book for.
Greyfalcon chapter 8 . 8/1/2011
Great chapter. I do enjoy the pacing and detail of your stories, every time I read a new chapter of this one I go back to read parts of 'The Clear Cut' because it reminds me how much I enjoy your storylines.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 8 . 8/1/2011
Smile Severus! Lol. Love this chapter. Update soon. :)
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 7 . 7/26/2011
Isn't Dogtown some sort of skate boarding town? I hope Severus does step out, but with Nott in there I'm thinking some old Death Eaters may be attacking in the future. Update soon. :)
Katharine chapter 7 . 7/25/2011
Great chapter! Now we have some background information for the events in The Clear Cut!

I loved the bit about Snape reading the online "code". Can't wait to see him get on the Internet for the first time...LOL!

I found the Frank Longbottom bit interesting as well. I've read discussions where people wonder why Snape hated Neville so much. Perhaps he has issues with Neville's father just as he did with Harry's?
notwolf chapter 7 . 7/25/2011
Ah, yes, I agree about the true physical changes (like my DEs) because the other means can be detected. Too true-his transient disguise would make him very visible there.

hehehe-the wand was reserved and stiff at first-just like him! He's good at getting around in the seedy areas, isn't he? Then again, he's had lots of practice. Eeek-put the wand back in place; I assume he means inside his arm. Yeah, online-what would witches and wizards have to do with that?

I still love that you called the cat Bella. A pensieve for public use-bet it's highly regulated. I read recently that Frank Longbottom had been a torturer...have you heard anything of that? If so, he wasn't so far off being a DE himself.

Dogtown sounds like a pretty nasty place, I wouldn't want to have to go there. I wonder how long it takes to view a memory, if it is quick, or takes as long as the actual event.

Aberforth is taking a chance in sort of confiding in Shacklebolt. I can see Severus cringing now. "At that moment I felt I could cheerfully send him to a family reunion with his brother."-how very Snape!

I like that Snape had used his students as his allies and eyes, keeping them from Voldy's grasp while making them feel valued and useful. Ah-that is how Shacklebolt in the last story knew Snape was alive! Cool.

No matter what, I'd be leery of going back, too. Too many ppl were falsely imprisoned, etc. I paused at the word 'current', too. That means in the future they may hunt him.

Will Lucius ever get justice? He was, after all, helping Severus. It's still nice of Aberforth to go to this trouble for Snape.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 6 . 7/19/2011
Love the cats name. Hilarious. I also, love Snape working at a diner. Too funny. Update soom. :)
M chapter 6 . 7/18/2011
Glad Sev has been claimed by the cat. And how he decided to name her was amusing.
notwolf chapter 6 . 7/18/2011
Poor Sevvie, reduced to being a cook. Then again, he didn't like teaching, haha. At least he's bright and learns quickly. It would be hilarious to see him trying to get an order without Joaquin's help.

Hmm, maybe he ought to use his magic and obliviate Joaquin. That toaster sounds familiar. They are all out to get humans, you know. If Sev could eat whatever went wrong, he could grow quite fat! And it does keep his mind off things.

LOL Snape practicing to sound American. He ought to be good at dropping r's, since Brits soften the end r's. Love the new kitty! LOL her new name!

It makes sense the wizarding quarter is downtown, since that is where the city first originated, and there would have been witches and wizards there. Very smart of him in finding it.

Cute-the guidebook warns ppl from a street, so he knows that is where he wants to go. The unsavory part.

I can see Snape being pissed about Malfoy's conviction. The Ministry over there isn't too concerned about truth, is it? We saw that all those years ago with Sirius.

Strange dream. I hope it doesn't portend anything.
notwolf chapter 5 . 7/12/2011
Snape as a ginger! HAHAHAHAHA. He'd look funny blond, too, since his brows are dark. Good thing he settled on brown. Reminds me of The Outsiders when Johnny dyed his hair.

I can't stand being dirty or sweaty, I'd have gone nuts being filthy so long like he was till he got to clean up. I also know the feeling of wearing castoff clothing, so I know how he feels there.

Because he's a wizard, he doesn't have to worry much about living in a poor, rundown area filled with crime since he can fight them off magically. Wouldn't the water be turned off in an abandoned building? How will he flush the toilet?

Haha-I'd be afraid to read whatever Rita Skeeter had to say, too. I like that Reg will get a hearing to clear him, too.

"My mind felt as blank as a Hufflepuff's"-love the imagery and his opinion of that House. I also like the symbolism of burning the paper like the story meant nothing more than a pile of ash. Good idea, blood wards to keep out undesirables.

He'd been a spy and teacher for so long, now he doesn't know what to do with himself. At least a job will give him some purpose.
shyfoxling chapter 3 . 7/11/2011
Woo, heavy stuff. I don't mind the "wallowing"; it's interesting seeing what's going on in there.
no-name chapter 5 . 7/11/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

what about updating faster? ;-) The 1-week-intervals between the chapters are pure torture!

257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »