Reviews for The New Skin
Katharine chapter 26 . 12/6/2011
Awesome idea to use the mirror! Avery doesn't know who he's messing with.

Poor Uli. The pitfalls of falling in love with a wanted spy. She's just like one of the Bond girls...LOL.

I love your theories on Dark Magic. One of Harry's favorite spells...hmm, is it Expelliarmus?
notwolf chapter 26 . 12/6/2011
I like that you defined your Dark Magic-and determined that it is not inherently evil, as St. Lily would have had us believe, although her darling James and Sirius were always using things that would fall into that category. But they're Gryffindorks, they're CHOSEN, so that's okay.

Okay, rant over. LOL Snape-he'd excuse a student to get away from a sending, but only because it disrupts the class. And they have to do make-up work.

Yep, skin sendings are a pain in the arse, so few bother with them. But if they're determined enough and hate you enough, maybe it's worth the trouble.

I think i like this James M. Rhodes-sarcastic, snarky, condescending. And impossible to understand...

Hmm, Dick knows a person who knows about sendings. Let's hope he is useful. Love how Sev makes sure to have Dick keep a stern eye on his RAs.

"Collusion, one of the best guarantors of silence." I guess DEs learn that really fast. Oh, I love those mirrors. Can you imagine having them in a circus or something, ppl would spend tons of money on that!

How did the image of Avery get in the mirror. Doesn't it only show what happened in its presence? How awful to watch those disgusting images, but he needs to know what he's up against. And to know someone you'd grown up with had turned so evil...sad. Such determination to flay a body for hours, slowly and carefully.

I am really curious as to why Avery hates Severus so much now. Can't wait for the next installment.
Zireael07 chapter 26 . 12/6/2011
I love the chapter. Poor Vince.

Where can I find the essays mentioned? And is the spell Sectumsempra?
no-name chapter 26 . 12/6/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

given the fact that Snape has a piece of the 'skin donor' (the part of the tooth) and that he suspects that Avery uses the donor's hair to polyjuice into the donor, wouldn't it be funny to 'rekey' the skin using the tooth to Avery's favorite disguise :-) ?

It would really be a catch: If Avery continues to pose as the donor, the skin man will dispose of him sooner or later. If Avery changes his polyjuice donor the skin man will hunt for himself - but he is already dead :-). So both ways, Snape would be left alone...

Best,

no-name
fifi089 chapter 25 . 12/5/2011
Very good, I'm looking forward to more. For the reviewer who likes Snape-the-detective, there is an excellent story called Orion's Pointer which you might also like... Snape-the-secret-agent
fifi089 chapter 19 . 12/4/2011
Super story! I'm reading it slowly to savour it. I see that Snape's legendary inter-personal skills are eh.. coming to the forefront again... and what does he have against Grossman who seems a very decent chap ? Too exuberant perhaps.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 25 . 12/1/2011
I feel bad for Severus again. I haven't felt this bad for him since that thing with Bella happened. :/ Thanks for the chapter. Update soon! :)
lidiladilom chapter 25 . 11/29/2011
Cool new chapter! Dangerous spy mission and detectivework! Snape alone against formidable enemies! Love these chapters :):)

I've been thinking about the skin's destruction. Maybe the only way is to make another skinman for yourself and set it to destroy the first one, after all, he has the remains... well, that would be really evil...

Or, tric kthe skin to think it achieved its aim. For instance, Snape could polijuice someon into himself and bring him close to the skin, so that the skin could kill the impostor instead of him... but that is also highly immoral...

I don't know... tough...

By the way, I love the crossoverish spirit- taking cameos in other people's fanfiction, just like TV shows :):)

Thanks for the new chapter!

l.
Alcoremortis chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
Excellent chapter. I do so love it when Snape does all the detective-y work. And I'm very curious to see who created this monstrosity. I have my theories...but they're all pretty ridiculous. (Dobby! Back from the dead...just kidding)

And having the piranhas eat Mr. Boneless...seems sort of horrifying. All I can think of is a bunch of boneless fish flopping up the stairs. Of course, they would have a hard time getting up on top of raised surfaces (like the table) so we'd end up with the most deadly game of "the floor is lava" ever. Actually...that sounds pretty cool...
Hwyla chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
I thought I was 'creeped out' before by the 'Skin'. NOW, I am even more so! I cannot imagine who might have been the one to send it after him.

Yet again you show how well you describe magical acts we've not seen in Potterverse before. I love that there ARE 'principles' for Dark Magic - tho' I would presume that the bit about the 'whole' and the 'part' really ought to apply to 'Light Magic' as well.

Eagerly awaiting your next chapter!
notwolf chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
Thanks for the plug, dear! Always appreciated!

I feel for Snape. I, too, suffer from continuous bad dreams, perhaps caused by an overactive imagination and severe paranoia, haha.

Ewww, he killed a 'donor' to take the skin so he could send it after Snape. That is purely wicked, even worse than just sending a conjured skin. I love how he tries to sort it out logically, also as I would do. Maybe I am Snape, only I don't know it...the gender thing throws me.

I know-use "Point me to the skin man" charm. Hahaha.

" could almost hear Lucius' voice sneering, "how very elegant." It was an old popsicle stick I had found on the shingle, run through with a rusty nail.

"Shut it, Lucius, It'll work." I adore the brotherly attitude these two have.

All that polyjuicing will be hard on his body, but you do what you gotta do. "but what the hell was someone's hand doing on my arse?" Classic! Unfortunately, his glare as a teen girl isn't too intimidating.

Wow, whoever did the skin man really found a good, quiet hiding place. I mean not quiet-rather noisy-but hides anything he may do, any sound he makes, any screams of his victims. Well, Sevvie found the space, now to find the person responsible.

Hmm...can he make a charm somehow to counter the one against him, since he's got a bit of the skin man? Let's find out!

Riveting chapter!
Katharine chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
Never piss on the third rail...LOL!

I love how you write Sev's spy missions. I've never read anything like it in other Snape stories!
Zireael07 chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
Love the chapter. Brilliant!
graynavarre chapter 25 . 11/28/2011
I wondering who did the skin man.

Yeah, I was thinking about the evil fishies. Lure it into the pool, then cut the evil fishies into tiny, tiny, little bitty pieces and store them into unbreakable containers (which is what I would have done to the evil fishies a long time ago.)

Notwolf's story led me to this story and I am enjoying it.
wolfwillow chapter 24 . 11/26/2011
I was hoping Dick was going to drop that bloody coat in the piranha pool. It might not have been a permanent solution to the problem, but it would have been a bit of short-term fun.

Thanks for a suspenseful chapter!
376 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »