Reviews for The New Skin
twistedartist chapter 24 . 11/26/2011
feed the skinman to the piranhas! They will be happy little demon fish.
notwolf chapter 24 . 11/22/2011
Ahhhh! I had almost forgotten about the skin man, and I guess Sev did too. Horrifying to think it can track you anywhere, even when you're so careful to try losing it.

Not only horrifying for himself, but because everyone was in danger now. Wow, what a terrible thing. Oh, Dick, just do it and stop arguing! The universal solvent-do they still have that? Maybe they can melt the damned thing.

I love that Dick took charge. Sev is so used to doing everything by himself he doesn't ask for help, even from those with more experience in other areas.

"That was one solution, the only drawback being that for some reason I didn't want to die." How droll and funny. So like him.

Oh, oh-the piranhas! Couldn't they eat it?

Sev naturally jumps to the worst conclusion, he's got a talent for that. And, in all fairness, the damn thing is getting good at tracking him. Makes me wonder if it was made in America, and if so-by whom?

He really is a romantic, isn't he? LOL
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 24 . 11/22/2011
Lol, indeed you did. Skins just keep sounding creepier and creepier. Thanks for the chapter. Update soon. :)
Alcoremortis chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
Well, just made my way up to this point and I'm enjoying this one just as much as The Clear Cut, even though it seems a bit less hard-boiled, but I expect that will start cropping up now that Mr. Boneless Skin Thingy has shown up. And on the subject of Mr. Boneless (which is what I will be calling the skin thing)...seriously creepy. Going to go put washcloths under my front door tonight. Or something like that.

Also, I will never be able to think of dental floss the same way ever again. And your capturing of a lab atmosphere is pretty perfect. I've worked in several and...well...I was generally on the stealing from other labs side, especially when it came to ice and pH meters.

Definitely looking forward to what happens next!
graynavarre chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
If I am giving anything away, just shot me. Feed the skin thingie to the immortal fish.

Good chapter
M chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
Maybe the undead piranha in pond can do a job on the Skin?
no-name chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

uiii, poor Snape, to be located again by the skin man. I am curious how Dick & Snape will get rid of it... and how Snape explains the mess fully to Uli...

Best,

no-name
Zireael07 chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
Love the chapter. Brilliant!
Katharine chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
I would've shit a brick if I looked up and saw a huge, grey skin man in my lab! Poor Sev. I'm glad that no one was hurt.

Dick is such a lovely character - he always stays calm and believes the best of Sev no matter what. He's the compassionate father-figure that Sev needs.
Hwyla chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
Oh no! The Skin is back! And of course it WOULD come just as the experiments are showing promise!

At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I've been afraid all along that it would find the cabinet somehow thru Snape using Dick's wand. At least this was slower. And thankfully no one else was attacked. Also fortunately, Dick seems to think it can be 'handled' somehow. I hope he's right.

I'm not sure I mentioned this before - I think I was too creeped out by the Skin the first time around - but I love the double meaning to the story's title. Not only is it about the Skin, but also about Snape learning to live in a new way - a new 'skin' of his own - that of Cyril.

Thank you for highly inventive new plot - and also for your very inventive ideas on magic. I have so enjoyed these 'advanced' magics I cannot possibly see the young Sev who invented his own spells at 15, being happy with standing still magically after finishing Hogwarts. Loved his letters to Dick about it. - Hwyla
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 23 . 11/19/2011
I love Uli and Severus' togetherness. He needs some companionship and that I don't think Dick is willing to give him. :P Thanks for the chapter. Update soon. :)
FaeryMage chapter 23 . 11/18/2011
*big cheesy grins* Park reminds me of Hiro from Heroes in this chapter. "Yatta!" instead of "Champions!" and there you go.
graynavarre chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I just started this one and it is great. I see in the later chapters that there may be paperwork to help Lucius. Will Severus be able to get it to the ministry?

Looking forward to more
wolfwillow chapter 23 . 11/15/2011
Mandrake wangs, a chase through the Chocolate Factory (brilliant!) (except they didn't steal any chocolate!), swirling fireflies, and angry alchemists. And Severus is bonding with Uli and the RA's. What fun! Things are going so well, but that "damaged or vandalized" table has got me worried.
no-name chapter 23 . 11/15/2011
Hi Mottsnave!

This was one of your best chapters ever! A perfect little intrigue to get the distiller back!

Best,