Reviews for The New Skin
notwolf chapter 6 . 7/18/2011
Poor Sevvie, reduced to being a cook. Then again, he didn't like teaching, haha. At least he's bright and learns quickly. It would be hilarious to see him trying to get an order without Joaquin's help.

Hmm, maybe he ought to use his magic and obliviate Joaquin. That toaster sounds familiar. They are all out to get humans, you know. If Sev could eat whatever went wrong, he could grow quite fat! And it does keep his mind off things.

LOL Snape practicing to sound American. He ought to be good at dropping r's, since Brits soften the end r's. Love the new kitty! LOL her new name!

It makes sense the wizarding quarter is downtown, since that is where the city first originated, and there would have been witches and wizards there. Very smart of him in finding it.

Cute-the guidebook warns ppl from a street, so he knows that is where he wants to go. The unsavory part.

I can see Snape being pissed about Malfoy's conviction. The Ministry over there isn't too concerned about truth, is it? We saw that all those years ago with Sirius.

Strange dream. I hope it doesn't portend anything.
notwolf chapter 5 . 7/12/2011
Snape as a ginger! HAHAHAHAHA. He'd look funny blond, too, since his brows are dark. Good thing he settled on brown. Reminds me of The Outsiders when Johnny dyed his hair.

I can't stand being dirty or sweaty, I'd have gone nuts being filthy so long like he was till he got to clean up. I also know the feeling of wearing castoff clothing, so I know how he feels there.

Because he's a wizard, he doesn't have to worry much about living in a poor, rundown area filled with crime since he can fight them off magically. Wouldn't the water be turned off in an abandoned building? How will he flush the toilet?

Haha-I'd be afraid to read whatever Rita Skeeter had to say, too. I like that Reg will get a hearing to clear him, too.

"My mind felt as blank as a Hufflepuff's"-love the imagery and his opinion of that House. I also like the symbolism of burning the paper like the story meant nothing more than a pile of ash. Good idea, blood wards to keep out undesirables.

He'd been a spy and teacher for so long, now he doesn't know what to do with himself. At least a job will give him some purpose.
shyfoxling chapter 3 . 7/11/2011
Woo, heavy stuff. I don't mind the "wallowing"; it's interesting seeing what's going on in there.
no-name chapter 5 . 7/11/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

what about updating faster? ;-) The 1-week-intervals between the chapters are pure torture!

Best,

no-name
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 5 . 7/11/2011
Always the paranoid spy, never the accepting hero. Poor Severus. I'd love to see a picture of how he looks now. I bet it would be funny. Update soon. :)
Katharine chapter 4 . 7/5/2011
'He sat, muttering, "it was a shock." But what was a shock? I sighed silently to myself. I thought Aberforth had sent me somewhere they spoke English.'

LOL...I can just see Sev staring at the Bostonian kid with a "What the hell are you saying?" look on his face.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 4 . 7/5/2011
Does the title perhaps come from the awesome Beatles song? I love the JOIN or DIE thing. That would certainly cause Snape to flip his lid. Update soon. :)
notwolf chapter 4 . 7/5/2011
Cute title! My son loves the Beatles-it is them, right?

In Snape's addled state, it's not surprising he'd obsess over Voldy knowing about him being a spy. Even though in his head he realizes Voldy is dead, it's been such a long, long road that it will take time for his brain to fully process and accept that he's safe from Voldy now.

Oh, and he doesn't have to/get to kill Potter. Is he happy or sad about that? lol

Your description of him cooking and eating crabs reminded me of Tom Hanks in 'Castaway'.

Loved his dream, so full of desperation and despair, and no one noticing, just like in a real dream. Aberforth has to know Snape can't stand letting him know where he is. I wonder if he has a way to track him...Oh, I just got to the part about the cigar box. Great minds think alike.

LOL pronunciation of Boston kid. And Sev can't understand his accent. I felt bad for him when he recalled the way everyone stared at him in the Great Hall, hating him. HIm looking like a bum really did keep ppl from trying to watch him. We all try to avoid looking at bums.

Apparating into muggle shops can be very handy, I must try it, lol.
Hwyla chapter 3 . 6/22/2011
No particular review - I'll wait a few more chapters, so I can tell you my favorite parts.

But I did want to just pop in and say just how excited I am that you are writing a prequel to The Clear Cut. That was a phenomenal story! And so unique! I truly enjoyed it! I even had to save it to pdf - as I was afraid I might forget it's location someday and I want to be able to reread it later on.

This story is shaping up well, too - at least so far. I know I said I'd wait to tell you my favorite parts when I had a few - but I do want to put in a comment on the way Aberforth shoved Snape into a transatlantic trip. VERY believable.

Thank you for an interesting fic! - - Hwyla
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 3 . 6/20/2011
I'd love to see a picture of Snape sporting a pencil mustache. Priceless. Update soon. :)
notwolf chapter 3 . 6/20/2011
You make me laugh before even beginning the chapter. "The news is not all good. Therefore, swears will be uttered." I, on the other hand, seem to need no provocation for swearing.

Snape being who he is, even having one person know where he's at is too many, and it makes one wonder if he's planning to 'eliminate' that person.

"I had attempted to sport a pencil moustache for a few weeks in 1979, but Lucius threatened to remove it one hair at a time unless I shaved." OMG, that is funny! And Lucius would hold him down and make good his threat, I'm sure.

Wow, your description of Severus is thorough and gross. I feel bad for him-and wouldn't want to get near him, if you know what I mean. True, true, Snape trying to make due as a smiling bloke is not gonna fly.

I guess he had no idea how truly evil Vincent was inside, since the kid rarely talked. But still, having one of your students die is awful, and one in your own house worse. When I was teaching, I had a boy in one class who a couple years later was killed in a car accident with his sister. Very sad, he was such a nice kid. For Snape to feel like it is his own fault must be horribly painful.

I know-martial law! And living under Voldemort would be different how? Reactivating wand monitoring-and he's right, half the Ministry cooperated. What can they do? And they go confiscate family fortunes as if they have a right because those ppl were bad. How insane! Their families have a right to that money, unless they can prove it was procured illegally.

"Swift and fair application of justice"...yeah, we saw that with Sirius, didn't we? I'd worry about the fate of my friends the Malfoys under such circumstances.

I'd be so pissed at Albus for not revealing so much information-like the horcruxes. Who would have been the best choice to get rid of them? Duh-a DE who knew curses inside and out and knew about 1000 times more than Potter. And of course he thinks he could have saved Vincent by not having him go after Potter. "Albus couldn't fucking tell me? He put all that information in Potter's sieve of a skull, with a direct connection to the Dark Lord, but he couldn't trust me?"

I also empathize with him on the so-called strategy. there was none! No leader, no plan, everyone acting crazy at once. I don't know why Minerva didn't get all the students out, either. Let them storm a bloody empty school! If anything, Hogwarts would have resisted any attempt to manipulate it.

It was smart of Snape to use the Lily angle, cuz Potter 'was fixated on his parents'. I like how he's surprised at Harry actually paying attention and following instructions.

"Even more of her lips disappeared, if that were possible". Wonderful line. Love how he tempted/tricked her into reading the paper on his desk.

Harry has always been so cocksure, he was positive he'd win against Voldemort. No one else had such faith in him, certainly not Snape, who'd be up a creek if Voldy had won...but Voldy tried to kill him anyway.
Katharine chapter 3 . 6/20/2011
"I had attempted to sport a pencil moustache for a few weeks in 1979, but Lucius threatened to remove it one hair at a time unless I shaved. I shaved."

HA HA HA!

Great story so far! Severus' musings on Albus and Harry are exactly how I always imagined they would be.
no-name chapter 3 . 6/20/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

nice enlightening chapter! I already feared that Snape really would go after Harry... please update soon - your story is the only one I am reading at the moment...

Best,

no-name
notwolf chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
Hey, sounds like a lovely, cozy little room, hahaha. Cement floor, bare plaster walls. And that sofa! Wow.

Grr, the dratted sleeping bag. At least it would keep him warm and protect him from the sofa germs. I wonder if his dream was Dumbles trying to get him to die, beckoning from the other side.

It's good to have soup when you're sick, so it isn't too heavy on the stomach and is easy to digest.

"I peeled open my parchment envelope where I kept Dr. Ramson"-love the phrasing on that. Also love that Sevvie carries polyjuice on him, lol.

I hope no one is really watching and stalking him. Oooh, I wonder if Last Call is the password! That's the thing a bartender would think of. Yep, I was right.

What a sense of relief to know Voldy is finally gone. Love your abbreviation, too. Uh-oh. Sev doesn't know Harry DID die again, so he thinks he must kill him..That damned sense of duty. Not that he'd probably MIND killing Potter, but it would cause the wizarding world to look askance at him.

You have a lovely way with imagery. I can see where he is and what he's doing by your description. LOL worse than wolfsbane. How true.

Aberforth certainly hid him well. Except I get the feeling someone is going to spot him and report him.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
Awesome chapter. Update soon. :)
276 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 Next »