Reviews for The New Skin
notwolf chapter 21 . 11/3/2011
Sev is boinking Uli? Ooooooo. After all those years of keeping to himself, keeping in control, he made a mistake. She probably isn't harmful, though. Poor guy is confused now, lost without a cause to adhere to.

Hmm, I am wondering if the new potion he wants to develop must be somehow tailored to each werewolf by his or her own DNA. Is that one professor a werewolf, the one Dick said 'knows about metamorphosis'? Or it could be because of his work...

Poor Snape is so paranoid that he thinks everything will be used against him. But then, years of actually living that way does pound home the point. "It didn't expose me as excessively paranoid, for one thing." (but we know, Sevvie)

"Oh certainly Death Eaters must not be allowed to backstab and infight, it is bad for morale and counterproductive to the cause. There ought to be a rule." LOL

I forgot all about those beads, too. They are the beads from the DEs, aren't they? He still doesn't know which old friends he can trust. So sad.

I look forward to the next installment.
Kat chapter 21 . 11/3/2011
There you go, Sev...relax and get yourself some! I like how you write his sexual history - Muggle women, no strings attached. It drives me nuts when people write Severus as a 38 year old virgin pining for Lily. SO unrealistic.

I like Uli, but I'm worried that the skin man, or something else, is going to get her. Sev has definitely, ah, 'touched' her, which puts her at risk.

Great story!
FaeryMage chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
*grins at the tossing into the river* Great chapter.
notwolf chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
"Of course. Whenever there will be a boat ride, I am there." Reminds me of my grandma-whenever the car left, she wanted to be in it. They called her 'gas ass'. LOL

What a strange river. Is it real? And yeah, some of those suits do look like dental floss. Disgraceful. I love that line, "If I could train my snakes, I could train anyone." Good joke he pulled on them, and let them know he has a sense of humour.

Lovely of them to throw him in the river. I guess his little joke emboldened them. Having been among ppl he couldn't trust for so long, naturally he's not going to trust them to help him back to the boat. The light side sounds scary.

I love Park, he's so goofy and genial. Yes, Severus, turn it around on them. yes, yes... LOL-Sev doesn't know what a high 5 is. Uh-oh, it looks like they may have begun some kind of rivalry.

It does look like Mata has a crush on Paola. I think fishing is pretty boring, too. "but then everyone says that potions masters are a bit strange." Got that right! Damn right no one had the guts to say it to his face. I like how he defends himself.

It was a good trip, and it got everyone more comfortable with the rest. Sev could even snap at Mata about smoking without him getting peeved.

Hmm, now he's got to make up a story about the scar, and not liking to be touched.
lidiladilom chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Hei!

I really like your story.

Let me tell you why.

I generally like stories where Snape survives, few people know where he goes and he does something in a place where nobody knows him. I like how he is still recovering psychologically, having those freezes and nightmares... I love Dick, who is a very supportive friend.

And most of all, I love how you grasp the dangers and carefree attitude of the wizarding world. How the witches and wizards of your story research those dangerous beauties of nature, and how they accept the weird and strange, as it's perfectly normal. Like the undead fish :):)

Please continue, I'd love to see how Cyrill's and the RAs' relationship goes :):)

Yours,

lidiladilom.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Dental floss? I've never heard that before! ROFL! Poor Grossman! Thanks for the chapter! Update soon! :)
no-name chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Hi Mottsnave,

nice fluffy chapter!

One remark: If the herbology RA Gabriella is supposed to be German, then her surname is probably spelled 'Hoffmann' instead of 'Hoffman'. When Germans immigrated to the US, the second 'n' was often dropped in order to make the name look more 'English', but, in Germany, 'Hoffmann' is the usual spelling.
Katharine chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
Ooooh! Sev and Uli, sitting in a jungle tree...LOL.

I love the symbolism of the dark and light waters running side by side, and Sev being more comfortable in the dark waters because the light is less familiar to him. Very cool!

The RAs are fun! I'd like hanging out with them :).
stgulik chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
This chapter made me smile from start to finish. He deserved the chance to become more socialized. Your Snape should be proud of himself; I think that was first joke he's cracked since he last spoke to Dolores Umbridge.
Azariahna chapter 20 . 10/24/2011
worst story ever. needs more spanking.
wolfwillow chapter 7 . 10/21/2011
A second-hand store with monkey paws? Now I know where to go if I need a second "hand"!

Good old Aberforth! He seems to have Severus' best interests at heart, even if Severus is too paranoid to believe it. "At this moment, I could cheerfully send him to a family reunion with his brother." LOL! Severus worries as if it were Hagrid, not Aberforth. Abe obviously put a lot of thought into it, and even got Kingsley to make an unbreakable vow. And even though it's just a memory, Severus still wants to bark at Nott. He's still trying to "straighten out" his students!

Debunkers with a popular stage act in Vegas? Hooray for Penn and Teller!
wolfwillow chapter 6 . 10/19/2011
I like Severus' new job, learning to translate the orders, the "vicious beast" of a toaster, and him losing himself in the furious activity of the kitchen. And a cat named after Bellatrix? Wonderful!

The search for an entrance to wizarding Boston is carefully thought out and interesting. The public library seems like a good place to find it, and the entrance into the miniature scene is really neat. And the books? R'lyeh on Five Dollars a Day? LOL! I want to go! (maybe ;))

I liked seeing his mood change from not wanting to leave the wizarding community, to wanting to get out of there when he read of Lucius' sentence. "Where is the proof?" He should know better than to expect any justice, but something inside of him still does. No wonder he doesn't trust the pardon, or Aberforth, or the Order, or anybody. And no wonder he's cranky at work! It's amazing that he doesn't Reducto that toaster. What self-restraint!

I'm looking forward to finding out what's going on with the Malfoys.
wolfwillow chapter 5 . 10/18/2011
Severus' visit to the city and his activities there are so logically planned and carried out, step by step. Changing his appearance, packing lunch, changing money, finding the abandoned building, setting up housekeeping. I liked the observation that he had changed his appearance so little over the years that even small changes now made a big difference. And I'm glad he took a few moments to appreciate the tranquility of the island before he left, given the persistence of his (very well written!) nightmares.

His newly acquired freedom has given him a new problem, i.e., that he has no real purpose now, and his approach to that problem seems very IC: he starts making a new plan. He has lost everything except his life (and his paranoia), and now he will have to try to rebuild. I'm glad to see that he's not giving up!
FaeryMage chapter 19 . 10/18/2011
Tee hee-Feed Grossman to the pirranas. Good chapter. Looking forward to the next!
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 19 . 10/17/2011
Lol. Do it again! No this is wrong! Do it again! Lol. Poor guy! Was double-teamed too. Thanks for the chapter! Update soon!
357 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »