Reviews for The New Skin
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 4/13/2014
Well, Brazil ought to slow down the skin guy for a *while*. One hopes.

Dick is a really, REALLY good friend-Snape should definitely brew some Felis Felicis for him (and for himself, I suspect he's going to need it).
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 4/13/2014
"Oh, yeah, me and Al, we've been buds for *eons*..." (as Niels Bohr quietly chokes on his lutefisk...)

Fun to watch Pomona have an eppie, giggles loudly.

But Dick really is a good friend, Severus is going to have to tell him what is really going on, somewhere along the line.
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 4/13/2014
No way to destroy a skin man? Has anyone tried dissolving one in acid? If a skin man has made it to the States this soon, obviously even an ocean won't help much.

And dare I ask what happens to anyone who meets a skin man triggered to them? (oh, wait. Bella.)

But suppose one is wearing scuba gear and supplementary oxygen when performing the Fiendfyre? Or even a Bubblehead charm? Or incinerates the skin man inside an enclosed crematorium (with a secure venting system)?

So far he's got a temporary solution-but he knows it's just that, temporary.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 4/12/2014
I don't blame Snape for looking for sanctuary, not after what happened to his home, his workplace, and to poor little Bella.

But he might think of something besides running-laying in wait and conducting an ambush would, with any luck (hello experimental Felix Felicis) resolve the problem more or less permanently.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 4/12/2014
Yes, something is definitely hunting Snape, or someone. I really liked the flashback with Lucius; and of course Lucius was betrayed by Albus, there's a long list of people there, including the Potters and their son (remember, Albus could have given the Cloak back, which might have saved them. And Harry could have been watched over more carefully, but it served the Headmaster's interest to have the boy abused and pliable-he learned that much from manipulating Severus).

The memories that Snape has of his fellow Slytherins are really sad.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 4/12/2014
Well, Snape answered his own question about potions with that old song, "Gotta Get a Fake ID". Once he starts paying rent, he'll have rent receipts and probably utility bills to further back up his identity. Once he does a little research into people who died young, but would be his age, he can go for the big one-a Social Security card. Once he's got that, he can open a bank account and truly enter the computer age. ("My name is Donald Sicario..." from CONEHEADS)

And I suspect he'll find out what the hunted feeling is all about, unfortunately. He can use the communication box with Aberforth for a short while longer, but I suspect he'll ditch the box sometime fairly soon.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 3/29/2014
Good chapter. Snape was right to doubt Kingsley, and it was a very good idea to view the memory in the Pensieve, rather than just blindly jamming it in his head. Yes, the vow looked very nice, but Snape was easily able to note the loopholes in it. Using Theodore Nott as a Binder was a nice touch, but who's to say any Slytherin is still going to be around in oh, say, five years?

Like the local color, though I know zip about the Boston area save for the shrine of Fenway Park.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 3/29/2014
I do love the little HP Lovecraft asides there at the library; having been the Thing on the Doorstep when I was selling encyclopedias thirty years ago, I appreciate the irony.

And I don't blame Snape for considering the pardon tissue paper, given how Lucius Malfoy was hosed; why should he expect any better treatment?

That dream was dreadful, and enough to put anyone off for the day, not that Snape needed a whole lot of help (and I do love Bella the Cat).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Well, Aberforth is right about him needing to leave; the Ministry will want blood, and won't be picky about whose, no matter what Harry might say (if anything) about Snape.

What was the business with the cut on the arm? If Snape's arm is clear of the Mark, why slice it up some more? I didn't really understand that part.

And I can understand why Snape was upset at the gift of the sleeping bag; it was cruel of Albus to hold out hope when it was obvious that the Potions Master was doomed to die at the hands of the Order the moment he agreed with Dumbledore's little plan.
squigle.x chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
Great first chapter, I didn't realise it was a prequel until the end but you wouldn't have noticed. I didn't spot any outstanding errors which is a plus! But I did notice this...

There was another shape coming out of the glimmering water, a horrible dark thing I couldn't make sense of, an angular complicated letter from another alphabet, a broken concertina opening and closing

Would it not be better if it had less commas? Its just the sentence was so long!

There was another shape coming out of the glimmering water, a horrible thing. I couldn't make sense of, an angular complicated letter from another alphabet, a broken concertina opening and closing.

I just think the extra full stop would make it flow better...unless you think otherwise. Great story, can't wait to read more.
Adad chapter 36 . 6/4/2013
Just finished reading the whole story here on Fanfiction (I started on ) as well as the sequel. I loved both stories and especially Dick. I have read a lot of Snape stories and of all of them I think that Dick in the only one to show REAL concern and grief when he thought his friend was dead. I found that it meant a lot to me that someone created a character that cared for Snape in a way that did not depend on what Snape could do for them but to be a true friend unconditionaly and offer him help without strings attached. Also, seeing Snape in such situations that were so outside his comfort zone and still stay in character was refreshing and stimulating to say the least. I can honestly stay that this is an OUTSTANDING story and can not recommend it enough. Well done.
Pentazocin chapter 25 . 6/3/2013
Hey Mottsnave,
I guess it is about time to leave a review after I've read this story for the fourth time. First of all: Thank you for this story and the work you put in it. I really admire your writing skills and I am very fond of your style. There are so many little details which give the story a convincing touch. As fas as I am aware it is very conclusive. In my opinion Severus' reactions, thoughts and feelings are neither exaggerated nor unnatural. Your other characters are similar convincing. And I love Dick of course ;) I read your other stories as well and and I am looking forward to "The Good Friend" (Ok, let's be serious, I CAN'T wait :D).
Last but not least, thanks for Prof. Funke ;) Nice translation of an old song. (I would like to apologize for my english at this point. I guess it is to formal, but they didn't teach us anything else round here :))
D the Stampede chapter 11 . 4/26/2013
Creepy skin man is creepy! But seriously, something that hunts you for a hunderd and twenty years before wearing out and is nigh indestructible the meantime. That's a little much, isn't it? And poor Pulcipher, no wonder he's pissed off and worried when we see him again. Having that thing come in and trash your place looking for a customer can't be fun.

Glad this is a finished fic and eagerly off to read the next chapter,
D the Stampede
D the Stampede chapter 6 . 4/22/2013
Severus Snape, short order cook! LOL. But seriously, working in the kitchen of a restaurant does suck. And I see what you did there with Bella the cat! And Snape finding the Boston wizarding world through the library was great. But Snape's kinda cutting off his nose to spite his face with Aberforth and the ministry's pardon. Not that I'd expect him to behave any differently.
D the Stampede chapter 5 . 4/22/2013
The beginning where he finished changing his appearance was good as was his reaction to the secondhand store and the clothes he bought there. So was his search for a place to flop for the time being. The pardon happening already was a surprise, but Snape's reaction really wasn't. He was a spy for years, so suspicion is in his very nature. But the best part of all was his inner voice asking what now and Snape struggling with the answer. As the chapter title asks what's his purpose now?
276 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »