Reviews for The New Skin
D the Stampede chapter 4 . 4/22/2013
Ok, first off, I can feel Snape's lingering fear of Voldemort, so that's well done. And I like how Snape gave himself busywork to avoid thinking and once again, the dream sequences were excellent. As was Snape's trip into town for the most part. I say the most part because the mother and son's exeggerated Boston accents were annoying reading. But that's likely a personal nitpick. So, overall, another excellent chapter.
D the Stampede chapter 3 . 4/21/2013
What to say besides another excellent chapter? Well, first I can reassure you a few swear words isn't going to drive me away. That aside, the bits about the mustache and the fake ID are funny. the shave and haircut is well done, too. Snape's outrage at the deaths of so many Hogwarts students is in character, although I hadn't thought about how he would have felt about it until now, really. And I'm glad he knows now that the Horcrux in Harry's scar is gone because he might just kill him in outrage for telling his story to the wizarding world in the Prophet.
D the Stampede chapter 2 . 4/19/2013
You've got another excellent chapter here. The fever dreams of a happy, dancing Dumbledore and the gray wraith that wants to kill Snape are very effective. Snape's reaction to the newspaper article is both in character and chilling because of his mistaken assumption that the Horcrux is still in Harry. Snape's reaction to the rocket pop wrapper was funny and finally his discovery of where he was through finding the sign and notice board was well done. His determination to eventually go back and finish things is ominous, though
D the Stampede chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
First things first, I've got to admit to never liking Snape and not understanding those that do. First, I disliked him because he bullied Harry for no other reason than who his father was. Ultimately though, I pitied the man after the big reveal about his life in Deathly Hallows. Still, I've never read a Snape lives story until now. Excellent work on this chapter. The part about the sleeping bag really brings home the idea that Snape thought he was on a suicide mission and the stashing of his spare ward in his arm? Brilliant! As is the whole fake ID thing. Ready to die, but also prepared in case he doesn't. Also, there's some irony in Aberforth being the one to save him considering Snape killed his brother, the great Albus too-many-names Dumbledore.
darkaccalia520 chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
First of all, your author's note made me chuckle. A few naughty words don't bother me. However, one thing I would consider is your rating if the naughty words are going to be a pattern. It's just something to think about. I realize it's an older story, but still, the Harry Potter fandom encompasses a wide age range. That's all I'm saying, especially since the f-word is used more than once. It might be a little much for a T-rating.

But with that said, on to the chapter. Again, I love getting into Snape's mind. It's always a fun place to be for me, especially since he is such a complex character. I especially liked the part about the beard and the pencil mustache. The fact Lucius made him shave was too funny. I laughed out loud. I really liked the part about Albus not revealing much about the horcruxes...or is it horcruces? LOL...I'm not sure, but you get the point. Anyway, since I've never read the books (only seen the movies), it seems very canon there. No one knew much about the horcruxes to begin with...there were all those riddles. And Alblus never revealed much about any of the war until the appropriate time. Still, I feel really bad for Serverus being alone in all this. He has no one else to turn to, it seems...always a pattern in Snape stories I notice. But I rather enjoy that. How will he make things right now? Eagerly looking forward to more. Well done. :)

One minor error: the Dark Lord was finally dead, so why did I feel a terrible overpowering dread that he knew, he knew about me.-this is a question, so I would think you'd want to end it with a question mark.
darkaccalia520 chapter 2 . 7/19/2012
Well, I had read chapter 1 of this in a review tag many, many moons ago. But I was surprised I never read more. Shame on me because this is excellent. You know, Serverus Snape is one of my favorite characters,and you've captured his voice perfectly. I really love how we delve into his thoughts on all the events that have occurred. And his realization of what he'd have to do and his reaction is perfect. I am very much enjoying this story and shall make a point to read more. Well done. Eagerly looking forward to more. :)
bluemeanies chapter 36 . 7/6/2012
This was very good as well, thank you
Guest chapter 17 . 7/3/2012
Err, just a little nitpick, it's São Paulo (rather than Paolo). No big deal, just thought I'd point it out.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/3/2012
Hi! I'm here reading this after reading and loving The Clear Cut. I'm a little sad that it seems that Lucius is gonna be left to fend for himself, as I'm quite fond of him, but I'm excited about where this is going and I really wanna find out who's sending the skin after him! Err, it occured to me now that it could be Lucius or the Malfoys. I hope not, but oh well, I'm sure it will be well executed regardless.
Now it seems that Snape will be spending some time in Brazil, which usually gets me worried, as I am brazilian, and primed to find faults in depictions of my country, but then again I've never been to Amazonas, so I wouldn't be able to tell how accurate you're being. I will tell you this, at the very least you got it right about Brazil with just that line about how every problem can be fixed.. for a fee.
Vyscaria chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
In terms of writing, I think you have a very well stocked vocabulary base. So good on you for that! However, I feel as if the tone is monotonous... Snape's surroundings are being very carefully described, but I'm getting very little in terms of his emotional state of mind. Even after reading about Voldemort's death, he seemed to see it in a detached manner. I'm not sure if this is what you meant to portray, since I suppose you may be trying to capture Snape's impersonal nature. In this case, I think it's well done and I would look forward to reading the rest when his past catches up to him. :)

Good work!
Vyscaria chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I like the imagery in the beginning here. It's an excellent start to the fic. There's a sense of bewilderment, confusion, and yet drugged resignation that I got from that passage. Good work.

Reading on, the dialogue is well executed, and I can hear the characters' voices in my mind. You've got a good grasp of canon language, so that is good. I loved your vivid description of the cigar box; it's things like that that give this work a touch of magic. :)

Good job.
LumosMist31237 chapter 36 . 6/5/2012
Finished!

"The Clear Cut" was such a wonderful story that it went straight to my favorite story list...

Well, this one is even better. So now there are two stories on my list. Feel honored!

If I should ever need another potion recipe I will contact you. I had to make up a formula for dreamless sleep potion and it turned out so lame compared to your stuff. Of course DSP is not worth a Paracelus price.

Thinking about it, I might need a recipe for a potion that IS worth the Paracelus price. You'll hear from me :-)

Lumos!
LumosMist31237 chapter 28 . 6/4/2012
Wow!

We have a man here in Germany called Rüdiger Nehberg. He used to visit the Yanomami tribe in Brazil and has given many talks about his experiences.

I have heard two of his talks about the Yanomami. Now, your story about the Oi doesn't feel an ounce less real than his stories. I am about to believe you that there is a magical tribe living in the midst of the Amazonas. It is really incredible with how much care you research such details!
LumosMist31237 chapter 23 . 6/4/2012
Gosh, I have to sort my mental notes on all the chapters I wanted to review. There were so many good ones, I am afraid I don't remember half of them.

I had many laughs reading this one. I have to say I love all of your OCs. Especially Grossman, Dick, Park and Zosimos and our dear Professor Funke.

Many years ago I've visited a small university in Brazil for two months and your description of the university in Manaus seems to stem from my own memories.

I know you are a practitionar of Dark Magic, but this is really an awsome trick. A bit scarry, though.

Could you tell me how it works?
LumosMist31237 chapter 14 . 6/3/2012
Chapter 14 made me laugh more than once. The description of the "academic setting" is spot on! And I suspect that you know what you are writing about.

I loved it!