Reviews for Fair Exchange
This is a fantastic sequel! I really like the way that you incorporate aspects of the show into this Victorian AU, because it feels so natural and true to the plot and the characters. Your writing style is also very engaging and descriptive, and the dialogue fits perfectly with the setting and the personalities of the characters :) Thank you for sharing this story, and God bless!
VG LittleBear chapter 10 . 3/14/2014
Hi, definitely enjoyed reading about the Victorian Gibbs, Tony, and McGee. Poor Tony to get hurt so. And such mystery about Tony's origins, I love it! Gibbs selling a beloved oil painting, one wonders which painter's. I hope to find more stories to read.
Thanks and cheers!
TracyTravis chapter 10 . 2/12/2013
Loved it!
X-parrot chapter 10 . 1/30/2013
Great fun, it does justice to Sequitur's wonderful 'verse!
hitsuni chapter 10 . 6/2/2012
I absolutely adore this fic. I spent the whole of yesterday re-reading it, and when attempting to comment i realised that i didn't give any feedback when i first read it! (how could i have not done so!)

I really enjoy how this fic is really a cohesive piece to the first of the Gentlemen series. It's like two writers, with the same mind. The language, the world, the tone, the characters. And i especially like this one. Very very well written and intense. I can almost feel what Mr Gibbs and Anthony are feeling during their conversation in this last chapter.

I have a lot of questions and I'm so curious about Tony's past.

So does that mean he has a brother?

And Gibb's portrait! Is it on Shannon and Kelly? Somehow the sentence "Tony, that portrait can do nothing to replace those I love." seem so loaded with meaning.

I can't wait for your part about how Mr Anthony and Gibbs met! I realised that Sequiter hasn't posted her next story yet. Do you know if all is well with her? Would love to read both of your stories!
ferryboat George chapter 10 . 1/28/2012
Absolutely delightful, and I can't wait for your next one. It's nice having two wonderful authors writing in the same excellent AU, so I get stories more often to enjoy :) I might suggest you find a beta reader though, as you had a number of grammatical errors that did make the story stumble a bit, in spite of the superb writing. I had suggested to Sequiter that this AU would be perfect for a crossover with Sherlock Holmes but as you have written for Sherlock, you might be better at undertaking such a crossover.
aredhela82 chapter 10 . 1/17/2012
I'm so extremely happy and glad that you're back with your stories about Gibbs and Tony. And this story is... just... perfect, I love every bit. I really like how you describe characters and really hope that you will continue with this verse, like you said at the bottom of the last chapter. A story about early days would be like your other fic, (one of my absolute favourites) "Safe Harbor", all over again :)
t chapter 10 . 9/29/2011
I LOVED IT!
Sweet Anonymity chapter 10 . 8/28/2011
I *love* everything you and Sequiter are writing in this 'verse! The whole idea is awesome sauce in every possible way-so very different from canon, but so very *intriguing*. As always, the way you depict Tony and Gibbs father/son relationship is just perfect, and sweet, and heart-rending. You capture everyone spot-on, and "translate" them into this 'verse so wonderfully.

So, thank you for taking the time to bring us such good fic! After a stress-filled month, relaxing with a cup of coffee while reading this was a perfect way to decompress on a Sunday afternoon. I simply cannot *wait* to read more. ;D
Anon and anon chapter 10 . 8/21/2011
After reading Sequitur's fic, I found that the interactions between the characters was definitely my favorite part of this 'verse. Your story has only deepend that opinion - I caught myself going 'Oh Gibbs! Oh Tony!' any number of times )
WindStar chapter 10 . 8/17/2011
Truly I am enjoying this universe greatly. You both have an extraordinary amount of talent. i've always enjoyed your stories, but this is above and beyond anything of the past. i look forwards to more in the future!
Angel of Clay chapter 10 . 8/9/2011
It has come to my attention that I've failed to review this chapter, how rude of me. I loved it immensely, it was a wonderful way to wrap up the story. Anthony back at home and well on his way to recovery. The conversation between him and Gibbs was touching, and made me smile. Although, I am intrigued by the painting that was sold, I wonder what it looked like, although I think I have some idea...

Thanks for writing in this 'verse! I do so hope that you'll continue.

Angel
pinbot chapter 10 . 7/26/2011
I CANNOT wait to read the fic set in the early days of Gibbs' and Tony's relationship. Woo Hoo!
Pretty Bird chapter 10 . 7/24/2011
So amazing! I love your mastery of keeping everyone in character in this verse, and your explanation of the title. Poor Gibbs! And poor Tony! I can't wait to read more about their relationship from you both!
Not in the face chapter 10 . 7/15/2011
Very well written and kudos for the seamless continuity from the first piece. This was a delightful treat of wit and intellect, wrapped in a cravat of a rougish propriety.