Reviews for Old Soldiers Never Die
VJ Riddle chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
I LOVE this little one-shot, it's great and hilarious and absolutely perfect :) Fiddler's Green! Ah! Wish it had happened this way! Thanks for writing!
Mossy Stone chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Awesome story, really enjoyed!
Zophiel chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
LMFAO! OMg, you are killing me. . .! *wipes tear* that was lovely!
Hellen Highwater chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I love this story. This is the second time I've come across it. I actually had to go out and do some research on Fiddler's Green after I read it the first time, which was fun. Thanks!
willowswelt chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Loved the story and solution to the whole season six debacle.

Would have probably enjoyed it more if it was less American but at least you remembered that if it ever came to a rebellion from such a place, it would be fought only by an American minority (Americans just do not fight wars with millions of deads, and here I honestly mean no disrespect but utter admiration for this tactic).
Silver Lady chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
AWESOME! I thought it might be about Fiddler's Green, with the alternate to heaven/hell, but I thought it was only cavalrymen that got to stay there. After all, in the poem it says:

"Marching past, straight through to Hell

The Infantry are seen.

Accompanied by the Engineers,

Artillery and Marines,

For none but the shades of Cavalrymen

Dismount at Fiddlers' Green."
Dark-Fate17 chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
One word for this story EXCELLENT!
Maverick Hunter Phoenix chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
*stares* Oh my God, that is AWESOME. I busted out laughing at the last line, and at Raphael's situation. I wish that the show had actually did that! Thank you, you just made my entire week!
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Interesting new angle!
L Moonshade chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Excellent! Wonderfully written, very much fun, and a fitting tribute to people who need to be remembered!
Anna chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Now THIS would have been an awesome end to season 6. No God-complex for Cas, no broken wall for Sam and the return of John and Mary Winchester. Along with thousands of soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines being led by Eisenhower. Can someone explain to me why overpaid, professional Hollywood writers can never come up with anything this original?
Paulathe Cat chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
I'd say, "bloody brilliant" but the words were taken clean out of my mouth! That was fun. Oorah!
Kittle chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Let me begin by saying that I come from a Marine Corps family, going all the way back to WWII and to the present conflicts. My son is even named after my older brother who is a Marine. I love this piece and it honestly brought me to tears. It is beautifully and respectfully written and the plot is wonderful as well. Thank you for writing it. And thank you for remembering today, not enough people do.
Nedy Rahn chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
OOOOOOPS! I think someone realy screwed the pooch on this one! A military coups in Haven, Hell is a tizzy over it, even the angles and demons at a loss as to how it happened! Oh my! Guess when you need to say it right you send the very best! I can imagine what would happen if there was a real plane of existance where all the soldiers, warriors, hunters, etc. that did not commit greavous (or is it grievous) acts of evil went to it would be the right place to recruit righteous warriors to back a just cause.
AuntMo chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Lovely fic, and wonderfully appropriate for the anniversary of D-Day, which too few remember. Another piece of your I wish wasn't AU.