Reviews for Cast in Gold
GearTrain chapter 39 . 3/28
Transforming. Cyborg. Ninjas.

Oh, SH*T.
ridtom chapter 39 . 3/28
Really well done chapter. Got a real Mannequin vibe from the Cyborg Ninjas.

Also, it's been a while since we saw Shinji kick some ass, and let me tell you, this did not dissapoint. I like hiw you depict his skill/powers being to his advantage, butthe Cyborg tech allowing them to toss a few (ineffictive(?)) tricks at him.

Barring the Harpoon of course, but I'm sure that'll be a hilarious story for Shinji to tell everyone.
Sun S Li chapter 39 . 3/26
Another rousing chapter that reminds me never to take your plot for granted as something that could be truly predicted. Awesome and unpredictable are two words to summarize your fic and they keep my hope alive for more innovation like yours flocking to the Eva section once more.
Sdarian chapter 39 . 3/27
Nice. French cyborg ninjas out of nowhere.

Man, they are really going to have to think about their internal security after this. On the plus side though, they should have lots of neat stuff to look at afterwards.
Satire Swift chapter 39 . 3/26
Well, that escalated quickly. Combat Cyborg Assassins armed with anti-Angelic weaponry? Damn.

I'm not sure if this is canon Kaworu or Rebuild Kaworu, but this is definitely not what he was expecting. I really want to see his reaction when he sees Shinji is a Solar, something that is similar yet so very, very different to him.

Great chapter.
Blitzstrahl chapter 39 . 3/26
The intensity of this chapter was insane.
BrazeRancor chapter 39 . 3/26
On the edge if my seat here. The fallout will be delicious I'm sure!
reality deviant chapter 39 . 3/26
i love what you did with kaworu-his learning of being human, being squishy mortal, vulnerable, afraid...
Thespurgin chapter 39 . 3/26
oh... that's how you bribe Kaji alright. ALL the secrets.
mdmichener chapter 38 . 3/3
Omake:
Shinj Ikari looked out upon a sea of orange goo and felt despair. A collective existence, all ego and identity sublimated into a unified whole... except for one singular individual. One Exalt, one very lonely Exalt. He looked at the goo and wondered what he could do? Could he pull people out? No. Could he recreate identity? No. Then he felt anger. Anger at the people who accepted the destruction of self! He wanted to shatter their peace! He wanted to break them out of their meaningless Eden! And Shinji Ikari is the universal constant of breaking.

************
Later historians had a list.
The First Impact was the Black Moon colliding with the Earth
The Second Impact was the violent thrashing of a partially awake Deity
The Third Impact was the merging of two entities that echoed around the world
The Fourth Impact was Shinji Ikari throwing a single punch.

And Shinji Ikari is still around.
floatingmangocake chapter 36 . 2/6
Finally getting his shit together. Nice.
Laconeko chapter 38 . 2/3
I was about half-way through the dream sequence before suspecting something (shirtless Shinji and noone reacts), and a quarter through (Katana on fire) when I realised it was definitely a dream. This is what I get for reading crack-fics.
Speaking of... the sequence with Misato and Rei just afterwards reminded me of Nobody Dies, where such a physiological quirk is canon.

I like the amount of effort you put into character development, it seems everyone grows just a little bit every few linebreaks.

I also like your quotes from The Fortress Unvanquishable, Save for Sacnoth. It was a good read, once I looked it up.
floatingmangocake chapter 32 . 1/28
Goram, Shinji's become an asshole.
Never thought I'd read a fic where that happened.
Not sure if I like to hate him yet, or just hate him.
Poor girls though. All of them.
Tankred chapter 38 . 1/23
Wow, it's taken me almost a full week of reading to get to the latest chapter. I've watched Shinji go through ups and downs, growth and insanity. What seems to stay in my head though is how he seems to have abandoned his research into Orichalcum. Imagine an EVA armored entirely with Orichalcum? Invincible.
Sun S. Li chapter 38 . 1/19
It always warms my heart to see you update and keep great evangelion fiction going strong