Reviews for Cast in Gold
garoorar chapter 14 . 4/14
That looks like a version of Skyrim's Dragonrend shout... Kaji seems to have literally scared the angel away. Awesome!
Arafell chapter 35 . 4/11
Hah! He's suffering from that curse that all the Celestial Exalt have! I finally know whats going on .

Its rare that someone pulls that off with any degree of subtlety, if they do it at all. Way to be an excellent writer. (Unless he's just crazy, which in Evangelion is a serious possibility.)

I'll be waiting for updates :D
Sheriff Of Nowhere chapter 35 . 4/1
If you get a chance you may want to go to you tube and look for the Thunderstruck cover performed by Stjepan Hauser and Luka Sulic (aka 2Cellos).

If Shinji, who if I remember correctly was a halfway decent cellist before he exalted as a Zenith caste solar, doesn't rock out like these two at some point, then I'll be very sorely dissappointed.
Weaponized Mind chapter 35 . 3/12
I very much enjoyed this. When I first opened it and saw Shini get powers I didn't think there was anyway this would be any good, but I'm glad I powered through that as you actually made his situation pretty, well realistic probably isn't the best word, but I'm going to use it anyway. I thought for sure Shinji would get hit by 'Superman' fatigue, where he constantly has no challenges and is overpowered one shotting angels, but you've kept him grounded and thrown challenges that actually set him back, despite his god like ability. Which is more then all those film makers in Hollywood can say, so good on you. And you haven't managed to overlook the rest of the cast while you were doing that, seriously you made me like and emphasize with Asuka, which I find pretty hard to do. That whole Pacific Ocean battle, phew, that was seriously bad ass, and if there's anything I must applaud you for it's that. It's going down as one of my favorite fanfiction scenes out of all them. Not to say it's all been gold, I've skimmed through most of the mall and shopping scenes, but that's not really because they're bad, just not my thing. Anyhow I loved it and I can't wait to see what you do next. Keep up the good work!
alex.rushing.5 chapter 35 . 3/11
So cuddly wuddly this is.
Pinefresh chapter 35 . 3/6
Wow, this was amazing! Totally hijacked the last three days. I absolutely love it. That being said I am only vaguely familiar with NGE, so I can't speak to character accuracy or any thing, but the characters did seem very believable. I will say that, having read Shinji and 40k as well as this, and being a bigger fan of 40k than of Exalted, that I prefer this story to that one. I find the writing to flow better somehow, it feels more comfortable to read than Shinji and 40k. This story also seems to hold its focus much better than Shinji and 40k, especially after the second half, Shinji and 40k lost its focus and sort of got stupid. It turned into 40k fanwankery, and the references to other things became too plot centric. I do think it took too long, both in the in-story timeline, and in overall story length to get back to the Angels part of the plot, but I don't know if you have some as yet unrevealed plot reason for doing it, so I don't mind terribly. All in all, this is one of my new favorite fics, and has bumped several of my older favorites down a peg or two on my list. I hungrily await further updates
Lazurman chapter 35 . 3/7
...Nothing to say here, too much happened.
Lazurman chapter 34 . 3/7
...Well that just happened. And it triggered ALL of my FUCK YEAH! buttons.
Lazurman chapter 29 . 3/7
So. The Matrix. Didn't see that coming.
Lazurman chapter 25 . 3/6
If she thinks /this/ is bad, she's gonna absolutely lose her shit when Shinji goes glowy on her.
Lazurman chapter 23 . 3/6
WHAM line. Also, orgasm-inducing cooking. WANT.
Lazurman chapter 21 . 3/6
Oh, you motherfucker! Helluva way to end a chapter!
Senevri chapter 35 . 3/4
Multiple limit breaks? Or traded one for the other?
Are you sticking to any rules or just going for what the story needs? One of the most impressive factors of this story has been it's focus on an Exalt's non-combat potential.
Lazurman chapter 17 . 3/5
...Okay, what the fuck even?

Eh, well, there /are/ worse ways to have a psychotic breakdown.
Lazurman chapter 16 . 3/5
...What the hell happened to "I won't run away."?!