Reviews for Flashes Before Your Eyes
Hazelmist chapter 6 . 1/24/2015
Although I'm sad that Auggie only got two days I think it was perfect. He got to see Annie and they were so freaking adorable together during that one day and night. When he went out and got those magazines and then Annie found them the next day, that was funny. And the flirting at the lake was so cute. I'm kind of glad that you didn't go through with the surgery and afterward, I think that ending on this note with Auggie and Annie enjoying a moment together was lovely.
meburleson chapter 6 . 1/17/2015
Loved this story! It was so well done. I love the idea of him "temporary" getting his sight back. I'm not a fan of the stories that miraculously give him his sight back. It's just not realistic for what we know of Auggie's injury. Thank you for keeping it...well...more realistic. As realistic has someone putting cameras in your brain that shift. But yeah. Amazing job!
meburleson chapter 5 . 1/17/2015
I'm so glad Auggie gets to drive again! I was hoping he would get to, one last time. I love that Annie is there for him, but not in an overpowering way.
meburleson chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
Hmmmm, interesting. I'm intrigued to see where you take this.
mochacoke92 chapter 6 . 7/11/2014
You did an absolutely wonderful job with this story. From your talented writing skills to your creative twist on how Auggie got his sight back...it was just fantastic. And although a part of me did wish that Auggie and Annie got together before he lost his sight again, the whole scene at the lake somehow made me okay with that not happening: it was that perfect and totally more realistic. God when Auggie nearly broke down I did too! I just thought "Why do good things never last?!" And suddenly I had tears in my eyes and I was on the edge of having a full on sob fest. Damn hormones.
Also, Annie Walker is an absolute godsend. She was supportive, intuitive, sweet, compassionate, fierce, and sultry!
This is quickly topping my list of favorite CA stories. You had pretty much everything in here; angst, humor, the more than welcomed romance ;) Basically, I thorougly enjoyed reading your fic nonstop. Thankyou so much for writing and posting this bc It was a huge pleasure. Keep up the beautiful work!
Leels
YoreReader chapter 6 . 6/27/2014
Selfishly, I wanted Auggie to have a night with Annie - to see her reactions to him. But really, with loving... visual is not the key, it's feeling. And he'll have all the time in the world to feel Annie surround him, fill him, love him.

I'm happy he had the chance to glimpse parts of the world again. I'm happy he got to spend some time with Annie.

Thanks for this story. I enjoyed it enormously.
sam chapter 6 . 5/14/2014
I am just saying if i got my sigh back i want to se my loved ones and then i want to make love to the love of my life so i had that in store for me if i ended up back blind again. If i had more time that i could space it out to special moments then . my kids...birth..first things and a peek every now and then on the world and family around me.
AJ and Sebastian Goin chapter 6 . 3/29/2014
This was a great story. I just got shoved in your direction by Beth and I am eternally grateful. I cant wait to read my way through more of your work!
Taliahah chapter 6 . 3/20/2014
This was so enjoyable. I wish that you would carry on with it -!
AllTheWayMay chapter 6 . 3/18/2014
Well done! That was really remarkable. You managed to inject a surreal situation with real pathos. I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more from you.
cherithcutestory2 chapter 6 . 3/17/2014
I am...quite undone...by this story. I read it all in one go, and now I sit here at 10:30pm, unable to get rid of the weight of emotion that's bearing down on my sternum long enough to fall asleep.

You are a tremendously gifted writer. Just when I thought I'd discovered all of the best authors in this fandom, this little gift of a fic arrives unassumingly at the top of the front page and absolutely ruins me. I'm in shambles. In the best possible way.

Thank you for telling this deeply humane story; for stepping outside the "nevers" that you (and I, frankly) had set up as boundaries; for creating something moving, and rich, and haunting. I have a feeling it will be long past tomorrow's daybreak when this spell finally dissipates.

With much gratitude,
Cherith
Marie King chapter 6 . 3/17/2014
This was a wonderfully well written ending to a truly amazing story!
I had my doubts about this story but after reading the first 4 chapters I was utterly pulled in, the way you wrote Auggie regaining his sight was both believable and exhilarating and heartbreaking all at once, but you wrote his inner thoughts incredibly well, and his rapport with Annie spot-on

Please keep writing Covert Affairs stories you have a real flair for it
miss-tarletone chapter 6 . 3/17/2014
I really enjoyed this story. I think the ending was great, and I'm glad you're not taking it through the surgery and the aftermath. Your imagery was great too, and I loved the way you had auggie describe Annie.
Scubagurl chapter 6 . 3/17/2014
Great story! Thanks for sharing it with us.
DeletedFFNAccount chapter 6 . 3/17/2014
Very nice wrap-up. Sweet and poignant.
One question, off topic. I'd like to cross-post Thus, with a Kiss, the story we wrote together, to my account, with explanation as to which chapters you wrote and which ones I wrote, et cetera.

Thanks,