Reviews for A Little Bit of Everything
Night Songs 93 chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Is all your fault! It's been AGES since I've logged in to this site and you forced me to because I just HAVE TO tell you how awesome this little bit of "drabble" is!
It's been a long time since I've read a fic by someone who knows how to capture not only the voice but the personality of a character & despite my account only being here since '07 I've been involved in fanfic since '98 under other accounts so thank you for forcing me back!
Now, I'm going to check out your other fics :)
phantomreg chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
that was truly awesome I loved the spins nice job!
Li'l Albatross chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Wow. I've never really read a Slash fic and to be honest I almost didn't read this one...but this was so well done! You captured Johnny's voice so perfectly. Thank you for sharing this :)
Kakool101 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
This is brilliant! I absolutely loved it. I loved how it was in Johnny's pov written like a one sided conversation. I loved how it wasn't in chronological order and you had to pay really close attention to understand what was happening. I also loved how he trailed off about other things sometimes and took a while to get back to the story.

And Roy and Johnny's story is beautiful with a touch of sadness mixed in there and it makes my heart melt.

I loved your story, but it makes me curious to know what Roy told the Captain?

Thank you!
robertwnielsen chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
When you said "super-rambly," you weren't kidding. But it was rambly in a good way...and the ending was...perfect. Great story. :)
Lidil chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Damn.

Heartfelt.

What did Cap decide?
Avirra chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Not normally my cup of tea, but I enjoyed this one. Well done.
Ariane Rivendell chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
REALLY liked this. Envious at how well you 'channeled' Johnny! The insights were fantastic, also loved the description of how differently they move, physically, cause it's so true. Excellently done! *applause*
OBXTrekkie chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
A striking, beautiful, passionate piece. I loved every word.
Ginger S chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Well done...VERY well done! Love the ending! Totally believable and so very Johnny to try to shoulder the responsibility for it all. Beautifully written. Can't say enough good things about this story. Hope you have more.
Kelmin chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
I almost didn't read this story because I don't dig the Johnny/Roy pairing (though I do dig slash). What a huge mistake that would have been! (To miss it, I mean.) A fellow writer who knows my tastes, Bamboozlepig, said "don't miss it," and I'm glad I didn't!

Oh, my gosh! I don't even know where to start. This is a lovely, well-written, thoughtful piece. You've really thought carefully about how a J/R relationship might happen-how each one of them can justify it to himself and to the other, in particular.

The title - "A Little Bit of Everything" - that is EXACTLY how I see the John Gage character. You have him completely pegged - at least for how he is in my personal imaginary world. His history of not totally belonging, no matter where he was, really rang true for me.

I liked how you had him thinking about, dealing with, and interacting with Chet. That was a way of looking at their dynamic that I haven't ever seen done so well.

The style of the story - a monologue - threw me at first, but I got used to it as the story went on. I did sort of forget from time to time that he was talking to someone (and a very patient someone, it seems!), but I loved, LOVED the reveal at the end, where the reader finally learned who he was talking to, and what the listener had seen, and how that scene had been misinterpreted.

Cap's apparent immediate acceptance of what Johnny had said also rang true to my personal interpretation of Cap's character.

You and I must live in the same fantasy world - we seem to have many of the same interpretations of characters on the topics you examined so well in this story.

Your use of language is lovely. I particularly loved your discussion on the differences between "had/have" and "made/make." Sure, it's "just" past vs. present tense, but you nailed the subtle nuances of the use of one vs. the other in emotional conversation. Damn!

You say in your profile you're a college student - I hope to heck you're studying something having to do with writing, and will grace us with more of your fiction, 'cause dang - you got it. Whatever 'it' is.

Thanks so much for sharing this piece here - I hope to see more soon!
knifethrower chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
This sounds JUST like Johnny. Your characterizations are flawless and heartwarming. I especially love the way you would have Johnny say things like "Remember when this happened?" What a way to draw the reader in! I knew I was enjoying the story because of that, but then somewhere around the middle of the story, I snapped to attention and realized I was reading something truly special, unique, and very artfully constructed. What a little gem of a fanfic! I hope to be seeing more of your work very soon! Please!
Neemps chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Wow, that was pretty hot stuff! I loved it. Very well written. I'm gonna go take a cold shower now. Woooof...
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Wonderfully done, you've captured Johnny's voice beautifully here. You've detailed their relationship nicely and made it extremely believable, not to mention a nice mix of eroticism and friendship and love. Took me a bit to figure out who he was speaking to, loved who it was in the end, it was a very nice twist. Wish all slash could be as well-written as this is, it's a damn good read and definitely intense in the right spots, with the perfect amount of tenderness where needed. You get inside Johnny's head very well, exposing some very deep thoughts in a character that was sometimes portrayed as being a bit on the shallow side...I always thought Johnny was a deeper thinker than the show gave him credit for, you can see it on his face and in his eyes, but the show never really explored that very much, much to my dismay. And you've captured Roy's angst nicely too, as he's torn between his marriage and Johnny, and while I'm not overly fond of stories that has Roy cheating on Jo, you do make this work so well that I can definitely see it happening. I also liked the racial angle used here, it was treated with the proper dignity and respect, and there were several lines scattered throughout the piece that were laugh out loud hilarious. Incredible story all the way around, definitely going into my faves!
RosalindB chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
All I can say is wow. Intense. Thanks for sharing, very well written.