Reviews for The 'N' Word
Kayarde chapter 1 . 8/9
In Germany it is more or less obligatory that you visit a KZ when you are in tenth or eleventh grade. I was sixteen when I went to Buchenwald with my class. When you are there you practically still feel the terror, the pain, the hopelessness still in the air. I've seen what the Nazis did and where. I've seen the prison barracks. I've seen the crematoriums where they burned the corpses. That place gave me shivers and just thinking back on that place gives me the creeps.
If someone called me a Nazi I wouldn't know if I should break out in tears or punch him in the face probably both because for me Nazi is the worst insult someone could call me. For me that word is synonymous with black-hearted, soulless monster and that's not even strong enough.
People should do some research on history before the throw insults around and think if the recipient really deserves it.
So thank you for this story because the word really hurts. And thank you that you ended it on a light-hearted note.
CheshireKitKat chapter 1 . 4/28
awwww poor Luddy! America is going to have his ass kicked
Adina2938 chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
Sweet story, but i think that alfred wouldnt use the word lkke that. Also, I can deny using the word Nazi and just throwing it around. I am 100% confident that my friends and i have never once misused the word Nazi
Seele Esser Deutsch chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
It makes me depressed when people say Nazi so loosely.
Heres a story for you. In my science class we were doing chemistry and our science teacher told us about this teenager who managed to find a way to charge his phone by just walking outside with the help of power lines. This boy so happened to be German. I said, out loud that German people were cool and that it hardly surprised me at all. Then a girl who sat close to me turned around and said that all German's were evil, not cool. That really hurt and I said Oh really. Well my mum was born in Germany and my Uncle lives there with his German girlfriend and her two German sons. I told her how offence that was to me. You know what she did? She just turned around and said that Hitler was German and he was completely evil and that the Germans caused WW2. I was so hurt. Firstly, Hitler was Austrian, not German, so she got that wrong. Secondly, Hitler used propaganda. And actually, was he so evil in the beginning? I do not believe he was evil and had a black heart. I think he just had a different view of the world and of people due to his past. Nazi's were a political party following a belief, like the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats. They were not people who tortured and killed because they could.
People should learn about the history before they open there mouths.
Sorry for ranting. Great story, got a great point across.
Argentum Tantibus chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
Poor Alfred...
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
Short but super awesome! All the right amount of sadness and fluff and comedy. Omg, I can just imagine Germany being mortified of his brother's protective ways! Thank you for this wonderful ficklet.
GenderBender25 chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I could so see Prussia doing that last part!
Kornblume Cavalier chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I love this! And yes, I admire how you advocate against using the word lightly. Gott in Himmel...I wish there were more ppl who were more sensitive: history is there to show the mistakes of the past to warn the future and remind the present tht nothing shld to taken for granted.
kyle brovfloski chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
AWWWWWWWWWWW THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!
Faenil chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Wow, great story. And it's very true. I'm from Germany and to us, there's practically no worse insult than to call someone a nazi. It's really a shock to us when people from other countries use that word like it's no big deal.
BlueLil chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I like your fanfic, becaus I like Prussia and Germany. And it is true that for most of the Germans (and I am one, sitting currently in Frankfurt) there is no worse insult than being called a Nazi. And we are very sensitive to the word. I know many people who already experienced being called like that in other countries and it really sucks, that some people outside there still think all Germans are intolerant racists. That it is used as a mere insult in America really is something we cannot understand. It seems as if it is just another insult like "asshole" and as if the people using it have forgotten what happened during the third Reich.
Buggy2013 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
This is an amazing story, I love it.
Nowaki Kamijou chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Well… that was funny and sad at the same time.
DjRoguefire chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
"their blood runs through our veins but does not stain our hands"

Awesome line coming from awesome Gilbert.
You delivered this reasoning so effectively that it has the potential to purge that evil stigma from those affected by it. Thanks as well for advocating against the insensitive use of that word.
ValkyrieWolf246 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
"Their blood runs through our veins but does not stain our hands."
I think that is the best quote I've ever heard. Simply brilliant, considering it's Prussia that said it, lol.