Reviews for We May Not Have Tomorrow
On either side the river lie chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
I'm so glad I found this, such beautiful memories of m/m, your piece brings a smile of what could have been, such darlings. Thank you for sharing
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Lovely…...
NoLongerActiveBye chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Just... so beautiful!
saudade do coracao chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Your writing is gorgeous.
The-Passionate-Sun chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I can't even- what. Oh, my God.

That was perfect, really.

"why are you here?"

"I love you." Pause.

"I could die tomorrow."

OMGOMGOMGOMG. Okay, if it weren't for the Christmas Special, I'd totally love if things went down this way.
Ju-dou chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Oh Ariadne, this is just divine!

The last lines were beautiful but so was the rest, it perfectly captured what felt like a missing scene in the Mary/Matthew relationship. The description flowed beautifully, this sounds strange but you write movement very well, and the dialogue was just perfectly pitched. This is an understated and lovely price of writing.
Epea Pteroenta chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Ahh I have no idea how I only just got to this. I absolutely loved it. I adore the imagery you use - Mary being less temptress than fae, the music ending, the dying flames and the new one, " that was back in a time when she could afford to spend fury on insignificant things" (I love that, and so true, I think). It's all the kinds of imagery and symbolism I just love. What a lovely, dreamy, wistful piece. And an ending that leaves it all to our imagination- thank you! :)
Deweynumbers chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Beautiful mood music - I can see it all.
Lady Grantham chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Oh Ariadne.

Dude, the second I saw your name I had to click. This is beautiful, utterly beautiful and so stupidly in character Julian Fellowes needs to hire your awesome ass TODAY.

And that penultimate line was worth the rest of the words (which were just as gorgeous anyway!)

If I bribe you, will you write me Cora/Sarah or even Cora/Carson as beautiful as this?

Amazing darling.
PBCD chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
[Also known as "Ariadne writes 1,000 words so she can use the penultimate line.]

I've, uh, never ever done that. *cough* Nuh-uh.

Lovely piece, and very close to what I hope actually winds up happening in the series. I'm hoping the war shakes Mary out of herself and helps her get some maturity and perspective.

Well done!
Tripp3235 chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Loved it. Helps me work through the impatience for the next season.
silverducks chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Ok firstly, you better already be busy writing an epilogue or another chapter to this! I have to know what happens now!

Ok, now that I've got that out the way, would just like to say that this is simply amazing, incredibly beautifully written, very descriptive without being waffly and, well, just awesome.

Please write more!
GhostIsland chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Oh, my heart! :) I was struck by the elegant structure of this - almost like poetry! :D Adored the repetition of phrase, with just the slightest change (first time she saw him, time she first saw him/started falling, never stopped/one death, many deaths) - just gorgeous! :D I love how you allowed us inside Mary's head, into all her warring emotions. And the tableau you painted in the final scene was breathtaking - the image of her kneeling at his feet is just...aww! :) The vulnerability of her confession, combined with the themes of the fire dying/being lit anew...perfect. :D Please keep writing for these two - this was wonderful! :)
206thbone chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
That was really beautiful. It was both real and raw and showed a unique understanding of Mary, Matthew and their interactions. Unparalleled by others about war, it really allows us to see the possible development of their relationship and how much they both have to bring to the goodness of each other.
OrangeShipper chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Oh this is just beautiful! I love the way it's told through little glimpses of their past.

I've always loved the idea of how they are changed by war - Matthew a little bit harder, and Mary a little wiser, and that they (eventually) get their priorities straight and reach that understanding - that really, anything else is just superfluous to the fact that they love each other.

Incredibly beautifully written, I really really love it!