Reviews for Practices in Patience
deathgundam006 chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
one word... awesome
Reaper1173 chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
well...um yeah need a thesaurus for reading this but rob-nightwing does seem like the type to be called paladin.
HunterMoore chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
Great story, I really enjoyed reading the different style. Definitely had a Shakespeare-y feel to it.
TUYET PHAM chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
awesome story. I don't find many stories here without any grammar mistakes or have an extensive vocabulary and still have a good plot. nice job. keep at it. you'll be as great as those with authors one day if you try at it hard enough.
Fears Unspoken chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Oh wow. I actually had to look up a plethora of these words. I vocabulary needs work I see. I enjoyed your little tid-bit thoroughly though. :)
I'm a Lover not a Hater chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Don't really read this kinda writing much but you made it great.
Random Peep chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I actually really liked it, lol. Usually don't read this kind of writing, but you really made it work. Awesome job, loved it! P
Erratus Enigma chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
This is, without doubt, an astounding piece of writing.

Your writing, so rustic, pompous and somehow fitting with both of them, it was a really nice change of settings from your average joe-fanfic. I think it's the first time I've seen someone use the same Byronic style as Dracula, you had me first with this incredible piece of literature.

I must also concur with Concolor44, majuscule bastion. By the devils, pure brilliant this is, mate. And you say you whipped this in mere 25 minutes? Gargoyles be damned, I should be very well fearing you.

And I can imagine Robin's reaction to Raven's wording in the very end. Oh, priceless, priceless awkward mouth-gaping stare.

But, oh good sire, you say this work is complete? But that can not be! Surely you wouldn't leave us hanging by fine threads like you did in the very end, would you? You would? Oh, terrible, terrible! Now I need to read Dracula imagining the count as Raven, and Jinx as Wilhelmina. Funny name, that. Actually a distant female counterpart of mine, to be honest.

I do think you should write more of this, but as always, my opinion is nonimportant. Just know that if you do write, you'll have a fan waiting quite anxiously.

Hopefully,

Willhelm "Will" Notmename.
SepticMind chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
wow, the contrast of modern speach with all those words one would expect to find in say... dracular, was really nice. Well written. Sweet too.
hydroknight01 chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Well, it has to be said: I'm impressed.

I really like the style of prose here - it has a very 'V For Vendetta' feel to it, and I absolutely love the titular character's opening speech in that film.

...Though it does also have to be said that I'm also just as impressed with myself for actually understanding it all without the need for a thesaurus or dictionary. :p

Kudos to you, mon ami, and bet of luck for future fics. Keep up the good work!

~ hydroknight01
Spikesagitta chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Aww! We will never know if Jinx get her girl in the end!

...unless you do a follow up! Yes! Please If possible that is :)
Insomniackid7 chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
I am probably one of the few people that didn't need a dictionary or thesaurus to understand what was going on but I will admit, for summer, this is probably the peak of my mental workout. Yet it was eloquent I'll give it that. As an experiment it was intriguing, all of your verbose sentences. It really behooves you.

DS
Ferryman of Styx chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Wow! I had to look up a few words, but that was absolutely fabulous. Really well written and the use of language was a refreshing change from what you usually see on this site. It was different, but sometimes different can be good and this is one example. I really enjoyed it.
Harley Quinn Davidson chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
i did enjoy it, took me a little bit to get used to the difference in verbage and such, but nothing i couldn't handle. looking forward to another drabble or tale from you.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
The cerulean expanse was a delight, the Tetris block gone astray a droll image banishing all triste or morbid thoughts. The corvid creature's furrowed brow tricked a smirk from my riant lips, while the heights of rapture and the plains of contentment did surely and insistently beckon my parched and wearied soul to come and taste and rest.

But, son ... you HAD ME at the majuscule bastion. I have NEVER heard a better or more apt description of the Tower, and you did it in two words. Pure, freaking, unadulterated genius.

No dictionary was necessary; a reasonably adequate lexicon would be up to the task. While your prose was of a deeper hue of purple than the vaunted orchis mascula, it was readily apprehended, and thoroughly - THOROUGHLY - enjoyed.

You, sir Wordsmyth, have my deepest thanks and most hearty congratulations and felicitations. This goes immediately to Favorites.