Reviews for Lonely
Sylva Dax chapter 1 . 8/2/2017
I may have to watch this episode again just to have this layered in the background.
JasonVUK chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
-cries tears of joy-
KevinInEngland chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Hello, I know this review is late but here it is anyway:

Going down the paras, "Cameron logged onto..." Quite a project getting facts correct. - Red River Valley for instance.

In the next ch "First day of school" - The Skyler Adams character in Alphas - reminded me of Cameron in the sketch where she placed the tube in the watsit and it destroyed everything. Her dialogue was very Cameron-like and for a Ballerina,cum actress to learn those lines was quite good IMO.

Back to your story.

I heard the word homeroom mentioned on TV recently, so now I have learnt something else, such as hick town.

Most of all Russ, I draw your attention to the warder at Pescadero, I still think that although not portrayed, I believe her time in there could have been unspeakable at time, judging by the lick on the face that she received in T2.
yetikiller chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I love this story so freaking much.
Zullar chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
This is great.
macgamer chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
A wonderful prelude that begs for more. Great work as always!
Orffyreus chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Very sweet. I do love the idea of Cameron feeling lonely and not knowing why.
EvilTheLast chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Nice. But I hope there's more coming.
sasha starr chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Hi. I liked this new short gives us more insight into your take on how Cameron and Johns relationship got started, right from the beginning . John was attracted to her for all the normal reasons and she to him because he was .. John. I liked it a lot. Thank you.
VenomSymbiote chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Hey, Russ!

Overall, I like the story. My main criticism, though, is with Cameron (ha, fancy that). My thoughts are that she shouldn't have such emotions yet. I always felt that she developed those feelings as a result of her experiences with John, rather than Future John. I'm really not liking that odd character development that you display here, when she hasn't even developed it yet. John was a bit better, but even so, I don't think he should have been infatuated so easily. I mean, if there is anything his mother has taught him, its to no get emotionally attached to anyone. After all, he never knows when a Terminator might find him. A bit too sudden, I think, from both sides. Otherwise, it's good. It's good.
RosieMac chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
"Out of the blue" - yes, some ideas come when you least expect them, when you're not really trying, and I believe those are the gems, the ones that really hit the spot. Are they better because they come from somewhere deep within, rather than through sweating on it? Sorry for the waffle, I just loved the simplicity of this idea, and the execution.

There's a suggestion that Cameron adjusted John's schedule to match hers, something hinted at by John to Sarah about his taking a computer class in the Pilot.

The theme of loneliness is definitely there right throughout TSCC, and I've touched on it myself. It's something we've all experienced at some point, it's something we can relate to. Identifying the loneliness these two characters share establishes a base from which to grow a friendship, a story. We know the actual TSCC story took another turn, but in FF, things can change. If this remains a one-off it's a good one, because it leaves the reader wanting more. Sorta like TSCC...
InfectedByEli chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Nice work :)

Although you paint future John as cold and calulating, was this intentional?

I like that Cameron deletes the browser history on the PC, basic security, a nice detail.

Another nice touch is "He couldn't blame her, and yet he did" (John about his mother) That is spot on with 'our' John.
meanoldmoe chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Hey Russ !

So glad you posted this gem :)

I'm always happy to see Jameron...but it makes me miss TSCC all the more.

Jameron forever !

Moe
lje100smith chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Aw, how sweet. In all likelyhood this is OOC, but it is a nice way to think of how they first met. Nice little heartwarming piece!
olischulu chapter 1 . 6/7/2011