Reviews for Falling Leaves
ghashdestripador chapter 18 . 10/21/2017
I loved this story so much! The way you described the feelings, how Darrian starts falling in love in a way that hurts a little, cause everything is so terrible around him and the love is a little too desperate. This story is truly truly amazing!
icylook chapter 4 . 3/28/2012
It's perfect. :D Thank you for this beautiful story.
RedHeadedViking chapter 18 . 12/20/2011
Your writing style is beautifully descriptive, which is a trait that I always admire in an author. (And a trait that is sorely lacking in my own writing!) Truthfully, I had a hard time finishing the story, because I did not care for Darrian; he was far too angst-ridden for my taste. Of course, that is the sort of thing that is purely a matter of personal preference! I found him more likable in the last chapter, when he finally seemed to be developing some self-confidence! :-)

I look forward to reading more of your stories. Your writing encourages me to strive for improvement in my own.
Oleander's One chapter 18 . 12/2/2011
This was a perfect conclusion to such a lovely story. For someone that rarely or never talks about emotion, Zev shows in in so many ways now. It's nice to see Darrian more relaxed in a way (despite the Crow threat) - more confidant in his talents, more relaxed around his father and cousin.

I know I've said it before, but one of the things I enjoy the most about your stories is your word choice. There is so much care - quality over quantity, I guess. I just enjoyed the hell out of this; thanks so much for writing it!
RayneEthelwulf chapter 18 . 11/29/2011
I loved this! :)
tankgirly chapter 18 . 11/29/2011
"Will you be telling that to all the ravishingly beautiful noblewomen who will no doubt be following you around?"

Gosh, you have no idea how hard I laughed when I stumbled down at this line.

Definitely worth waiting for, my dear. And thanks for sharing it with us. Looking forward to more of your story (wink).

Judy chapter 17 . 11/12/2011
Excellent!
tankgirly chapter 17 . 11/11/2011
Excellent chapter, as usual.

Arh, I love how you finally do your version of ambush set up scene. Yeah, now you mentioned it, it was incredibly clumsy for Zev. XD

Ruia chapter 16 . 11/9/2011
I started reading this about halfway through, and while there are a lot of novelizations of game events, I have to say this is my favorite. I love the characterization, the feelings, and you add just enough without heavy-handedly rehashing game events.
RayneEthelwulf chapter 16 . 11/4/2011
Enjoyed the chapter! Loved it!
Judy chapter 16 . 11/4/2011
Excellent!
Oleander's One chapter 16 . 11/4/2011
I know I keep saying how moved I am by their relationship, but...wow. The realism and depth of true feeling just shines. Realism in re: to the fight as well - I mean, they just fought a freaking Archdemon, and they don't just jump up and high-five each other. Even with Morrigan's deal, they really have to fight to save Darrian.

At least five paragraphs of feelings and observations and worries, all packed into that one last line.
tankgirly chapter 16 . 11/4/2011
Humph.

What an interesting insight what happened afterward. I had really never thought of that. Suppose everyone was just so tired and rest for days, no?

Good work. Are there more?

RayneEthelwulf chapter 15 . 10/22/2011
Arg! Cliffhanger! :) Enjoyed the chapter!
Oleander's One chapter 15 . 10/22/2011
Excellent pacing, level of detail and emotional control for a tense and brutal battle scene - so well done. With the interleaved flashbacks, the thrumming and pain of the taint and the beauty/terror/call of the AD's song, Darrian seems half in the world and half 'elsewhere'. Fortunately Zev is able to ground Darrian and keep him moving with help from Alistair. And right in the middle of the blood and horror, a tiny, aching moment between Darrian and Zev - lovely. For himself, Alistair really shows that his leadership skills have been strengthened and honed. A deft touch with the magic as well; I like magic this is only semi-comprehensible, thank you. Like...well, like magic.

The burning of the Vhenadahl was so evocative - their visible link to the Dalish and to Arlathan, burned by the darkspawn. Very interesting to get more background on Darrian's pre-Warden experiences and his relationships with his father and cousins; the added depth to the game's brief treatment is welcome. Likewise Zevran's; what a rich background for the origin of the earring. I can't quite tell if running his fingers through the merchant's hair afterward is a small sign of regret, an acknowledgement of shared pleasure or something else. I rather like not knowing for certain.