Reviews for Promise
danielle3green chapter 1 . 3/18
Wonderfully written! Came here from a deviant art picture so I know what was going to happen, sniff. art/What-if-463745345

In many ways I think this is sadder than a Prussia death fic, coming from a Prussia fan that easily tears up at those stories and hopes Hima never follows through. Firstly, there is the fact that Prussia is the older sibling that practically raised Germany. So him dying before him is almost akin to the tragedy of a child dying before the parents. This is made especially poignant at the end of the story when Prussia reflects briefly.

Secondly, I think Germany would be able to recover a little easier at his brothers passing, knowing that he has lead a long, hard life but has also been able to help him and others. However, I think Prussia would be devastated beyond repair, mostly for reasons stated above and in the story, being the older sibling, not being able to protect him, etc. I mean Prussia spend most of his life helping Germany become who he is and to lose him...too sad for words.
Seele Esser Deutsch chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Eeeeek. It hurts, it hurts. Why does it hurt so much?
AVPMfreakify101 chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Great story! I loved how it's not clear who's dying and who's fine and since there are so many Prussia dying fics you assume it's Prussia but really it's Germany. Overall, well written and great story.
EchoTasteLightZim chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
Do you realize what you have done? I spent an eniter day and a half muttering It was West over and over. It's been a few weeks and I still haven't completely recovered from the shock. You did an awesome job with this masterpiece. Thank you. I think it goes to show that I really need to take a break from the Prussia angst.
ECHODVCC :)
Cardfighter By Maple chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
I thought Gilbert was the one who died and then when I realize it was Ludwig...OMG Im crying!
Saixrs chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
You have me crying right now...literally crying...
lau.MaauX.ren chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I've searched high and low for this fanfic
I still cry when I read it
SouthernVices chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
DX I was crying SO HARD, and I I had "Not One of Us" from The Lion King 2 playing! The whole time I'm thinking it's Prussia and then BAM! T-T So much tears.

You still did awesome, and I can see how you started writing one thing and had it turn into another. That was actually very well executed and very surprising. Good job!
Mediterranean Tomatoes chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
...
*still can't reply... Crying more*

I just loved the way you wrote it...
muygd chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
This was horribly tragic, yet beautifully written. I think you captured Hemmingway's writing style, and I have to admit that "Hills like White Elephants" is one of my favorite works of his. Although the ending isn't in a Hemmingway's style (some things arent left up to the readers interpretation, yadda yadda) I think the title adds a cruel irony to the story, which is delightful! All in all, great job I really enjoyed the piece!
Me again chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
FUUUDGE DUDE!

I've read this over and over but no matter how hard I try my tears will always fall ; u ;

your work is so beautifur!
bowtiecat chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This was great! ;_; At first I thought it was Prussia dying...you know, because it's always him and then Germany being sad. But this is really original! :D Good job with keeping it a secret till the end.
Brightscale chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
That was amazing, I loved the mystery on not knowing who was dying until the end and the dialog was utterly fantastic.
DA4TheFunOfIt chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Sorry! Read this last night, but didn't have time to leave a review then. I saw a SUPER SAD (but SUPER AWESOME) picture last night of Germany clinging to Prussia as he faded away, and was all in awe of it and thought, "Wow! I never read stories about this subject, cause I don't think I could handle it, but if someone wrote a story that went along well with this picture, I think I would HAVE to read it." Then I realized "Wait...didn't Emerald post a story over the summer that will quite possibly fit with this picture? ...To !" XD I guess I was actually in the mood to read something sad. ; Yeah, REALLY sad story, but I actually kind of like it. It WAS different from what I was expecting, (had to go back and redo my imagination as I read some of it over again...and I'm sure you LOVE that you fool so many people with stories like this! ;D ) but it was a very interesting different. It was cool to imagine this event turning out a little differently! I like how you wrote it, too! When the characters spoke, there was no real "he said" or "she said" and there were no long explinations. Just the words of the conversation were enough.

I did cry a little. :( But is it bad that I laughed a little, too? ; It's just, it got kind of humorous (in a sad way) How they kept going back and forth with eachother: "I'm dying." "No you're not." "Yes I am." "No you're not." "Yes I am." "No you're not!" And some of the stuff the dying brother said was a little funny in a way. It made me cry, but at the same time it made me laugh a little and ask the computer screen "How can you SAY stuff like that?" Maybe it's because I've lived through painful passings of 2 close family members (on their death-beds as well) that I can find a LITTLE bitter humor in a sad event like this. Wasn't laughing at the end, though! I promiss! The whole visiting the grave thing was sad, but then after I finished the story I thought, "But wait, he's not going to have a grave! He just faded away! So he can't come and visit him, even if he wants to now"... then I started tearing up again! T-T Great emotional story!
Kekivotz chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
You surprised me at the end, I thought it was Prussia dying, not West. Well done, I am usually not so easily tricked. Also, this makes me think of Prussia being even more lonely than he is in the comics.