Reviews for Flight Of The Jokers Wild Revised
KPheonix chapter 12 . 5/18
Man, when I said you could update whatever story, and I 'd read it. I didn't expect deliverance the same day. HAHA!

Mendel starts occupying quite a few places around the planet. Reisman is sent to hell with extreme prejudice. I honestly thought Djibril would be caught first but he's not going anywhere soon. He can't leave the planet after all.

Loved the description of the SAM weapon system. That's another reason I like your stories, there's always a weapon system I can learn about and its effectiveness in actual combat. The last depiction of a SAM I saw in fiction was the Korean top gun movie R2B. One pilot manages to avoid the SAM missiles, but comes right back around after floating around god knows where in the clouds. Didn't know what version of the SAM it was. but the effect was devastating.

Calamira managed to restrain herself from trolling the Alliance high command. Teh fact that she may always be paying attention to their secret meeting must have them raging at all times. If Calamira was assisted by her Golden Phoenix sisters, and the Alliance knew about it? They'd shit their pants.

While I would say you're overdoing the EA brutality, I won't. I remember GSEED, I remember the woman in the purple dress being gunned down in the streets. I remember Phantom Pain Task force shooting those refugees in GSD Stargazer. Hmm, makes me wonder if Mendel will ever catch up with Sven' unit. He may be redeemable but his two cohorts? The man and woman in the Duel and Buster you do anything with them ?

Scandinavia proves themselves as bros. Gotta love the cooperation going on. Didn't expect to get Europe though. Didn't think I'd see the Zero this soon., and the system proves itself a double edged sword even among Magi soldiers. How exactly does one train for it use?

Shinn and Rey sounded really surprised. That's a good chunk of land on Earth for Coordinator/Eugenics. However, something form the Sigma story bothers me. Where the Spiders and Nymphs come from? And which set will cover that?

I can't really comment on the battle tactics/strategies applied in this chapter since that's not really my forte. I'm just along for the ride and storytelling. Sorry about that. One more thing, you must really love the dirty dozen angle. Take the schmucks, the troublemakers,. the ones passed for promotion and make them a highly effective unit. Is there a real life example of such a thing happening?

That was a fun read.
Fireminer chapter 12 . 5/15
That is better! I like the small moments, like that minefield.

But Murmansk and St. Petersburg? Too greedy, and I want to see the Federation to survive this.

Does the Apache has anti-infantry?

Oh, and I imagine India is quite a mess before Mendel march in. The Naxalite insurgents?
RedemptionWarrior chapter 12 . 5/9
Stranger fates, huh? I look forward to it. Certainly sounds better than their fates in other stories I've read or heard about.

Skygrasper IIM sounds like a useful asset, though I wish I had an image to work with. I'm a rather visual person, which means that I've had to do some active research into Battletech to understand what was going on in the previous story and later. In any case, it probably took some real designing skill to make a 'Grasper capable of mounting two Striker Packs.

Huh, I never knew missiles could maneuver that fast. Probably why many Mobile Suits types I can think of have shields and CIWS/Vulcans. Not perfect, but it helps.
KPheonix chapter 1 . 5/8

How different will Lacus and Kira's fates will be? What they experienced must have done a number on their heads.

Hmm, pretty good ramble if I do say so myself. Til next time.
HolyDragoon chapter 12 . 5/8
Gurkhas!

Anyway, back to the reactor, I was thinking fission ones, the ones that used to be used as power generators. From what little I know about them, the containment cells aren't supposed to break with a firecracker, and messing with the insides, if caught on time could still be solved with whatever backup system they have to stop the reaction in case of emergency (does SCRAM apply to all reactors or just the BWR/PWR ones)?

Sure, they don't make good explosions, but the idea for a BC puke to use them as dirty bombs...

And on fusion... I guess most of the danger would come from the hydrogen fuel than the reaction itself? I mean, there's a lot of heat generated, true, but it's not like we're talking about a Leo, they don't blow up like that.
RedemptionWarrior chapter 11 . 3/29
Hey, I'm all for bringing reality to Gundam. While they generally try to have some hand wave to why certain things aren't done anymore, like the UC Minovsky Particles, FC Gundam Fights, AC's Aristocracy, AW's recovering world...I don't expect the focus of a war drama with giant mecha to be reality because GIANT MECHA. That said, you're doing great in bringing reality to Gundam SEED while still allowing the native characters their times to shine.

Starcraft reference...and up until then, I didn't think that Ghosts were drawn from that. Probably because the Magi version aren't created from psychics. Wow, I feel slow now.

So, after they've been rescued, will Kira and Lacus get involved in the war? I mean, this is a near perfect setup for them to get the Archangel out of mothballs. Too bad the Eternal and METEORs are space use only.

Dang it, I had something else to comment on but it slipped my mind. Oh well, perhaps I'll remember it later. In any case, I look forward to the next chapter
RedemptionWarrior chapter 7 . 3/25
You know, when I first read that Lacus was visiting places to discuss the coming war, I was actually expecting her to Terminal as a kind of Alliance option.
FlawlessCowboy2552 chapter 11 . 8/7/2014
So I was thinking that a song that the Magi could use as a part of their "mess with enemy comms soundtrack" would be "Battlefield" by Blind Guardian". The song is about the horrors of war, and as a bonus, is incredibly loud due to the drummer going so hard that you have to imagine that his arms are about to fall off, which would be very disturbing to be constantly listening to.

At any rate, I do have to ask if omni-fighters still hold thier own as well against MS's in space due to the lack of aerodynamics playing a part, as well as the supposedly greater amount of weaponry and armor on a MS that allows it to take a greater beating as well as dish out more pain.

Also, I noticed that you didn't outright deny that Benjamin was an Assassin. just because he isn't of Auditore descent doesn't mean he isn't an Assassin. As such, I would have loved to have seen a scene where he tries to establish a branch of the Assassin Order in this universe, as it would make all the sense in the world if BC was actually a Templar Front in a world where the Templars managed to completely eliminate the Assassins.
Akalon chapter 11 . 7/19/2014
Good chapter.

I'm still stuck using my 360 for surfing the net so that's why I've not given many review's lately.

Now for this chapter I've only seen 3 typo's, the first is in the section of interacting between Woody and the Hawke sister's: where Luna is remembering Woody was on the Gigafloat you used 'Christmas on the Gigafloat battle'

The second typo is in the second section between Lacus and Jones:"Say what?" Lacus fast after moment.

And the last typo is right at the end of the chapter where it just cut's off mid-speech with Hornet Zero saying '"All right, people, start killing them north to south. We want to make it look like ', then it goes into your Afterword section.

Other then that it's a great chapter as usual.
HolyDragoon chapter 11 . 7/19/2014
... Hmm. don't tell me that there's a chance for the EA to have a (very limited) psionic capability. On the other hand, i dunno if usage of that kind of abilities wouldn't stand out among the sea of thoughts.

I knew there were nuclear depth charges, but I completely forgot about those. Of course those dimwits would crack open anything with the word 'nuclear' on it. Good thing N-jammers are up, or el-

... no wait, I don't think there's space to sabotage Reactors that badly without kicking in some kind of security redundancies.
Fireminer chapter 11 . 7/19/2014
Some more get killed in uncountable ways. It should be 'Kill til Void' by now.

S-300, S-400, but where is S-500? The Chinese should had used their HQ-9.

On a side note, do you think A-135 and GMD system still in work and upgrade after Atlantic and Eurasian Federation took over? If yes, then how Mendel rate their danger?

A trivial, but I notice that you always start a chapter with someone saying something. Maybe a change?

More curiousity: Does Magi retain the Military Bands? Is there any present on Mendel?
hellhound-d.o.w chapter 11 . 7/18/2014
Okay, right off the top, there is one misspelling that I noticed, more like misuse really, and a cut-off sentence. You used 'dissent' instead of 'descent' in one sentence about midway through the chapter. Second, the last sentence in the actual story chapter itself cuts off suddenly. The actual sentence that is there is "We want to make it look like" and ends right there.
Other than those two things, the chapter was well written. I can't wait to see those sniper rifles in action on the Sigma teams. Those will cause a lot of hurt. Just imagining the 'upgrade' of using Phase Shifted Penetrators in those rifles with a better camera system and FCS in combo is enough to give the enemy nightmares and bowel problems. Keep up the good work.
FraserMage chapter 11 . 7/18/2014
Kinda a shame the Magi/Mendel aren't the sorts to bring out the full elements of the Battletech nuclear weapons, like the Elias and it's 50 ton yield, no-fissionables, no explosives, 5 kilo weight self. Such a device, hooked up to an RPG and lobbed up around 30m would have basically zero fallout.

Of course, such a weapon would make it through any security screening you can think of, apart from taking apart every electronics item coming through your customs. Especially if the design got.. cute.. and put it inside a TV screen or fridge or something.

Also, I think you have forgotten the Republic of East Asia in Gundam SEED...
HolyDragoon chapter 10 . 2/17/2014
Ok, having finished so far, I have a couple of words.

Fucking A. That is all. Once I finish laughing my arse off at the EA getting their just desserts after they decided to go full retard and nuking Mendel II, I'll try to actually write a review for this.

Next stop, side stories.
FlawlessCowboy2552 chapter 10 . 2/11/2014
All I can say is that Benjamin HAS to be related to Ezio Auditore. He would have made his ancestor QUITE proud!