Reviews for Pile of rocks sympathizes with dead dog
Washo chapter 7 . 10/4/2014
Oh, okay.
Ironwolf935 chapter 7 . 10/17/2013
"Hory sheet" would be an understatement.

You amaze me. Truly. You're the only one who actually makes Robotnik the sick, demented genius he is. Killing your enemies, only to clone them. Rape them. Torture them. Make them suffer. Make them bleed. Over and over again. And just in case everything goes to hell, replicate yourself in the form of a robot.

Dastardly brilliant.

At first, before Robotnik revealed his grand scheme, I saw this as a giant metaphor. Who knows? It still could be, and I'm just too young or too blind to see it. Whether it be true or not, here's what I saw. My vision, per say.

Sally and Amy were both dead. Or just Sally, I'm not sure anymore. Probably back when Miss Acorns choked Pinky out in public. After that she got executed or something. Why did I think that up? I don't know, it's 1:18 AM and I need to shit. I have the right to be partially illogical.

Anyway, Sally's in Purgatory. Not the total darkness and burning of Hell, but something close to that. A metaphor for it. Metaception. Amy represents her playful and innocent side, the portion of her trying to stay good in a completely fucked up world, failing miserably as she grows increasingly wicked.

Sally is the more intelligent, pessimistic side of herself. Realizing how horrible her reality has become without knowing how it got there. She is on the brink of surrender, giving in to not only death, but damnation as a whole. But there's something missing. Inside her is a question, a want, a need for answers. She can never find peace with fire without knowing.

Robotnik is Satan. Or God. Both? Neither? Doesn't matter, just pay attention. Whichever you choose, he could very easily pull the chair out from under the two. He can end them. But he won't. He loves their torment, their confusion. And he'd do anything to prolong that.

Before this chapter, that was my thinking. It explained she neither Sally nor Amy were able to die, no matter what they tried. It also gave reason to unreasonable occurances, such as Sally giving birth to a lovely, healthy, fresh into the borld razor sharp chainsaw.

This, of course, was ultimately burned to Hell itself once Robotnik came out and rubbed the ass of his grand plan in both of their faces. Oh, all over the faces...

Or I could be right, and I just fucked up. Or this is something completely different, and I made a double fuck up. Either way, this made me giggle and yiff. Damn you for making me yiff...

Kudos, my friend. Now if you excuse me, I need to shite.
Darkhymns chapter 7 . 3/24/2013
It's been a while since I've read a fucked up Sonic fic, so I thank you for that. This story will leave me with images for years to come (no matter how much I want to forget).

Clone thing was kinda obvious tho.
lawl chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
I STILL THINK THIS IS HILARIOUS WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME I NEED HELP

so funny
"As if she's never been here before."
I LOVE YOU. marry me or something.
Wingless Rain chapter 7 . 7/7/2012
Personal outlooks are always the hardest to do properly, because you have to lead with a narrative that reflects you, yourself, your actions, choices, and what could have been. When all's said and done, you have to confront the shattered pieces of the reflection, and nothing cuts as deep, or takes as long to heal.

But sometmes, you manage to convey it. Once you start, there's no stopping until the end.

You've got more to write. In time, you'll be at a point where the tingles come without the whiskey, weed, and Z's. Afterwards, you'll be free.
Ultrabot Ultimus The Hedgehog chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Every time I read your story I see the devil himself call your work a nightmare,PM me if you know what mean.
GtaJake MK-II chapter 7 . 3/18/2012
Not perfect, but entertaining as all hell. Well done.
S.K. Millz chapter 7 . 11/8/2011
So I read this. All in one sitting. And now I’m gonna tell you what I thought, okay?

Story’s great, unsurprisingly, and original as hell, but everybody else has already covered that, so I’ll try to be a little more interesting.

First, anyone calling this story “beautiful,” or whatever the fuck, is full of shit. This story is all about ugliness. Sally is ugly, Amy is ugly, Robotnik is ugly, what they do is ugly… Even stuff that’s supposed to be “beautiful” is ugly. That’s what’s so appealing about the atmosphere. You’ve devised a world in which beauty does not exist and in which life is more trouble than it’s worth. I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I understood everything that happened or like I even followed the whole thing, but if I had to point to one main theme I’d say it was (early on) something about the meaninglessness of life in the face of death, the idea that death extinguishes life’s meaning. A lesser writer would’ve stopped there, but in later chapters you turned this idea on its head, showing that it’s actually death which *lends* life meaning. It was Sally’s inability to die, her being cloned a billion times, which cheapened her existence. In a way it works for Amy too. For Amy sex was cheapened by how plentiful it was, and it wasn’t until she finally settled down with Sally that she was able to mature and begin facing the reality of her own ugliness. It’s the fact that we can’t just do whatever we want, the fact that we can’t just fuck and kill forever and ever, that makes what we *do* do so important. Life is fleeting, and pretty soon we’ll all be nothing but bleached skeletons on the highway anyway.

My complaints, you’ve heard them all before. I like abstraction, but there are big parts of this story that lack any sort of narrative thrust, especially in the middle. The beginning and end are great because there’s a real sense of progression, a sense that we’re building toward something. In the late-middle, however, the characters stop wanting things, everything gets disjointed and floaty, and we pass from scene to scene without any idea of what’s next, how long we’re going to be there or what we’re supposed to be paying attention to. The imagery was truly shocking and often profound, but for me it all sort of melded together. It’s as if the story stopped so that you could be cryptic and abstract for a while, then it started back up again. Womb, especially, was an overlong, tedious chapter, and by then the dialogue had gotten quite tiresome. Sally barks like a dismissive cynical asshole for, literally, the entire story, and being that she’s also the narrator it feels like you’re being grabbed and constantly violently shook for seven chapters. Amy, on the other hand, had a few little moments of transparency and weakness that I thought were very well done (and needed), and Robotnik was always refreshing.

All of that said, I enjoyed the story, and it did affect me. It is, like other people have said, a big work of art, and I love art. I loved the atmosphere, the many different philosophical directions, the imagery, the originality… But, man, you never make em easy to read.
Lover-Of-Icecream chapter 7 . 10/9/2011
DUDE YOU ARE SICK! I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE THE HECK YOUR MIND COMES UP WITH THESE STORIES! YOU DISGUST ME SO VERY MUCH AND I HOPE THAT SOMEDAY THE CREATORS OF FANFICTION SEE YOUR STORIES AND KICK YOU OFF THIS SITE SO PEOPLE DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR STUPID STORIES ANYMORE!
SkarletMetal chapter 7 . 8/29/2011
I actually read this yesterday but didn't know how to review, which is why I'm reviewing now.

I feel like someone has slit open my stomach, scooped out my guts, and put them in a blender...making me watch as they turned it on and my entrails became mush. This ending is sadistic, brutal, and downright torturous.

And I love it.

You make pain feel good. You make it feel necessary and meaningful.

I walked into this story confused. I walk away from it feeling enlightened. Thank you for that. Really, thank you.
SkarletMetal chapter 6 . 8/23/2011
What. The. Fuck?

Explanation please! Very rarely do I ask for an explanation because I'm the type who hates being spoonfed, but with this I'm willing to make an exception.

And all this time, I was expecting a cute little squirrel-hedgehog hybrid. Man, did this punch me in the stomach!
SkarletMetal chapter 5 . 8/23/2011
I read this twice. Is it bad that I teared up at the beginning and laughed at the end? You're the first writer to ever give me mood swings.
SkarletMetal chapter 4 . 8/23/2011
Weightless...confused...alone...I feel so lost. But I don't want to be found. I want to crawl further and further into the depths of this story until I reach its core.

There is love here. It's buried, but it exists.

"Will you marry me?" I am shivering.
SkarletMetal chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
Awww, so Amy and Sally have a thing? I never once saw that coming, but it makes perfect sense. You can't suppress feelings of love, no matter how hard you try, no matter how many times you tell yourself you're better off the way you are. Your heart doesn't do what your head says. It's got a mind of its own.

Love is a four-letter word, just like hate. I've always thought that was interesting. If you think about it, there really is a fine line between them.
SkarletMetal chapter 2 . 8/23/2011
So Amy's committed her first kill and she's broken up over it. Instinct tells me Sally's not going to be very supportive, but she just might take me by surprise. I'm getting the feeling that there's more to her than she lets on.

I'm curious as hell as to what's going to happen next. Will Amy come to terms with what she's done? Will Sally warm up to her? Will they have some sort of fall out? So many questions...

Also, I LOVE this line: "Why would he make it painful to begin with? Sex is for reproduction. You just kept subjecting yourself to vaginal pains because you heard somewhere that it eventually feels good." I laughed so hard at that. :P