Reviews for Our scars remind us the past is real
Dannyvampchick chapter 10 . 10/8/2013
I'm not even sure why I'm crying my eyes out! Guess I've just got a soft spot for old people (;_;)
Shadowkatze chapter 3 . 8/15/2011
Oh gosh... Poor Danny :'(
sapphireswimming chapter 9 . 6/19/2011
Well, I am excited to see some more action in this alternate ending of yours. :) More angst and action is always good, and it will be interesting to see how this all goes with Walker administering the torture and all of his friends/family in the next cell over. Especially now that he's been forced back to human form. hehe. That always gets exciting...

Really liked the way his classmates began to root for him (the "you're so hot" line was really funny too).

Well, there are a lot of places that you can go now. It will be interesting to see how you handle stuff. :D
sapphireswimming chapter 8 . 6/19/2011
Huh. I was definitely not expecting that ending. I don't think anyone else was either. :) But that doesn't excuse the lack of reviewing!

The dream sequence, I thought was pretty well done. That can be hard to do, but it got across both the emotional stress Danny was under as well as his feelings for Sam. And it sort of foreshadowed the rest of the chapter, you know, how Sam has longer hair and he is talking about how he loves her instead of just crushing on her like he did until PP.

The idea for the ending I really liked. It is definitely not cookie cutter or what I was expecting. It's not the typical ending and I think that that's a very good thing. That being said, however, I didn't think that it was set up well. It just kind of came out of nowhere. I'm not sure exactly how you were going to set it up through earlier chapters, but the ending seemed a little haphazard and sort of left me hanging wanting more. I think it might help if you went back and expanded some of the stuff. You have really good thoughts and good dialogue, but parts of it did seem rushed. When the story is completed, there shouldn't be loose ends or a feeling of "what?" at the end, unless that is what you were going for in the first place, but that mostly happens in one shots and I don't think you were going for that.

So bottom line, I liked the idea for the ending, but I think that you could rework it to be better.
GhostDog401 chapter 9 . 6/18/2011
So far I like this better
sapphireswimming chapter 7 . 6/18/2011
I think that this chapter moved kind of quickly. It's probably good to keep it going, but I would have enjoyed a slower interaction between Phantom and Maddie, especially, and the other classmates kind of got lost in the shuffle, it seemed like. But, I hope that I don't give the impression that I didn't like it because I did. I really did. Danny's fear and depression are really good and I had a lot of fun reading his schizophrenic section and everyone's reaction to it. I think that was a more realistic section than most people would have come up with. :)

And of course, evil cliff hanger!
sapphireswimming chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
Hey, I know that interim periods are never anyone's favorite to read or write, but I don't think that you should shy away from them. In a sentence or two, you could say that somehow everything went back to normal and Jazz was the only one who remembered the incident, even though she didn't bring it up. If you find the "narrator's voice" as you write it instead of an informal author's note, I think you can do what you just did but keep it in the story. :) And you could do the same thing or have a section of dialogue for figuring out the field trip thing... Just an idea, but I would rather read the story instead of having it broken up by an explanation...
GhostDog401 chapter 7 . 6/16/2011
Evil cliffy! Why? Why?
TooAwesome4Words chapter 7 . 6/16/2011
I love this story. It's fun to torture Danny.
Ya know me chapter 7 . 6/16/2011
Nice. I like it so far keep it up.
RainingHearts4Ever chapter 7 . 6/16/2011
oh my gizzard! plz update ASAP! im super hooked on this story! PLZ AS SOON AS U CAN UPDATE!
sapphireswimming chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
Wow. So that's what happened to him. And I thought that he wasn't going to go into any detail. ouch. That explains a few things. I wouldn't have thought that he would open up to Jazz so easily, but after something like that I think he just really needed to tell someone. I love it when Jazz gets all super protective of him like that. It's so sweet. Danny needs people to help and support him too. Oh, and the part where he stares at his scars? Ooooh, that was really emotional.

The hallucinating gets a little confusing sometimes trying to differentiate between what is real and what is in Danny's head, but it's just as confusing for him so it works.
sapphireswimming chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
Oh gosh. Poor Danny. He's so paranoid about everything! But with good reason. And his parents were experimenting on him? Now I really want this back story filled in! I was wondering how they wouldn't miss him, especially since the people at Casper realized that he was gone.

I think that the pace is good. The story is really interesting. There are just a few grammar things and misspelled words that could be cleaned up. But I like it!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
woah. This is a really neat idea. I like how mysterious it is at the beginning, but then how you start to understand more and more what is going on as the chapter unfolds. Wow, you've got Walker, Vlad, AND Dan all in one story. This is going to be filled with angst and a really evil mastermind plot. I can't wait to continue reading. :)
Topaz Skye chapter 5 . 6/14/2011
Hmm interesting! This chapter is still in progress? Hurry up and finish it! Message me when its done! Although I wont be able to review because fanfiction does not duplicate reviews so I'll just PM you instead _