Reviews for How To Be SucKsessful in Smashing Fanfiction!
jodeybro chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Yes... yes, you are legend... Holy *FRAGGLE ROCK* that was amazing. Seriously. Every bit of it. Your adventurous mood has officially made my day. I'm not so sure how I ended up on this side of FUN but boy, am I glad I clicked on this... XD
(I have the same problem with my family. The fact that I'm currently working on my first slash fic doesn't really help me much XD )
I didn't know Canon was such a jerkface. Ah well. We still have Li'l Headcanon...
Souldin chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
I happen to be unable to get to sleep at this exact moment and as my kitty currently prefers to bite me than play with me I thought 'hey, I can do some more MoD reviews' thus I'm here to read and review as many fanfics as I can till I become drowsy. I'll probably be going for your shorter fanfics thus I chose to read and review this one-shot as it's not too long.

This one-shot is funny; my constant laughing being a testament to it. The style of writing is unique and rarely seen on this site while the subject that delves into stereotypes and general perceptions of Super Smash Bros fanfics and fanfiction in general is both interesting and intriguing. It was also nice to see you experiment with your style of writing, though I can't say it was for the best.

To further explain that point I will have to move onto my paragraph of criticism. The style of writing used in this one-shot is a tricky one, as while it makes a fanfic unique it can often make them flawed. A key example of this is the lack of detail and description as the fanfic focused mostly on the discussion between you (the author) and Canon (the OC) rather than what you would call the actual segments of writing (I couldn't think of any other way to phrase it but I think you know what I mean). The fanfic reads like two people rambling on to one another, most of the time arguing, and while this has been captured well it does make for a rather boring story. A further problem with this writing style is created by your usage of an OC rather than a smasher in your discussion, as this is the focus of attention and the Super Smash Bros written sections are so short that the fanfic doesn't feel much like an SSB fanfic.

Personally I don't see any reason for you to have altered your style of writing in order to write a humour fanfic. While it is always good to experiment with different styles of writing I have always laughed at the quips of humour featured in fanfics of yours such as 'Paradigms' and 'Words and Action'. In the end, though I don't think much of the writing of this one-shot, it did make me laugh and as that is your aim with a comedy fanfic I guess you've achieved it. Great job, keep up the good work!
SuperJimmy978 chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
So this "Canon" can help me with my 7 SSB projects I plan to do?
WhiteCrow10 chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
XD

Oh my goodness, that was amazing! It's just so hilarious! I love how you've pointed out the over-used things in SSB fanfiction (or in fanfiction in general). The Smash Mansion was a good point... when I first started reading Super Smash Brothers fanfiction, I was kinda wondering where the Mansion came from. I guess it works for a good setting and all but... Does it even exist?

And I love the little attempt at Marth/Ike there. XD It was so hilarious! The last line of it killed me... mainly because it's so true. I mean, that's the essence of every yaoi fic, which annoys me because there needs to be more than just -shudders- smut. .

But I just love how you did this. I was laughing at just about every single line!

Good job!
Mistress Tori chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
I fucking love this
Araceli L chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
...You're terrible, you know that? You are downright awful. Making some sick habit out of me just HAVING to get out my laptop at 2 in the morning to review your stupid story...;)

Oh, yea, you bad kid, you're also taking some sort of sadistic pleasure in driving me to tears, aren't you? First the romance story now this...I smell a conspiracy.

So, just to review, because I am tired, I laughed so hard I cried. This was amazing in one of those "wth did I just read that was beautifully f-ed up" and I think it's great that you're drawing from other great writers. Some people would let that slide and I think it's really great that you are crediting them. It makes me respect you.

So, you think Canon will help me write a smash hit?

By the way, if I ever lighten up enough to write a humor fic (I suck at humor, but I've always wanted to write some) can I quote this? Or just take it and put my name on it? ;D

Looking forward to the contest, bud!

Araceli L
Foxpilot chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Who is this guy "Canon" and where does he live? I have some...*ahem* presents for him. Just give me the address and only one person gets hurt. I could probably Google him, though...

But in all reality, you've basically summed up yaoi fangirlism in here. Assuming you made Canon a character to hate with all passion, I think you have success here. Now, does Canon have a last name I should know?

A couple tiny things-a word omission and inappropriate capitalization of "yaoi"-were present. But the big thing that gets me, especially as a friend of the host, is that you got the name wrong. It's Soundwave, not Shockwave. He may be a light-hearted guy, but...Uh...Actually, I don't think he'd hate you for it. Still, it looks ba when you can't name the host.

I think Jimbo would be proud of this. It may seem a little derivative, but by adding a second "author," you've turned this from a Jimbo fic to a MoD fic. Good work.