Reviews for Amite Obscuritatem
HumbledandAwed chapter 1 . 7/6
I'm not sure how to put into words how incredible this fic is to me. It is so well thought-out, detailed, and discerning. The characterizations were beautifully crafted, especially Percy's and Apollo's. Percy is too often portrayed as this Golden Boy that everyone loves and he is always willing to throw himself in front of the next oncoming bullet, but you didn't do that here. Instead, you realistically portrayed his emotional and mental state after having to deal with the gods and their problems and consequences. Honestly, I would probably want to give them the bird after all of that if I was in Percy's shoes.

Apollo was also very intriguing, as you cast aside the shallow image we were given by Rick, and made him truly a god to be reckoned with as he was in the golden age of Greece, when he sent plagues and killed satyrs and unleashed his wrath upon humanity. He is an interesting character if written correctly, and I don't know if you are keeping up with Rick's new series, "Trials of Apollo", but I don't believe Rick has written Apollo nearly as well as you have in this fic.

I also really liked Hermes. He's one of my favorite Olympians, so I was happy to see how successfully you characterized him. His problematic relationship with Luke and his conflicting feelings in regards to Percy's role was one of my favorite parts of the original series, and I truly wish Rick had expanded upon it. I feel you have done it justice. (Oh, and that line about how bad Disney's knowledge of Greek mythology was - I was crying from laughter. I'm still chuckling thinking about it.)

Overall, this was a masterfully crafted piece. There were a few grammatical errors, some sentences that might have done better with some varied vocabulary, and some instances where you seemed to repeat yourself in an attempt to fully explain. But really though, this is a 10/10 piece. You should feel proud of what you have accomplished by completing this and being dedicated enough to do so. Please, write more. I shall check in occasionally to see if there is anything new to be read. Good job, and I hope you continue writing.
That was very very awesome!
lightwalnut64 chapter 1 . 2/28
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2015
H
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2015
Amazing. Just... wow.
LimitedLegendFTW chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
Wow just wow.i cried a little it was that good.
I love it
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
this is just
KitkatMoon chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
This was a fantastic story! Your writing was amazing and I hope to read more.
The One Who Waits chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I didn't expect this story to go the way it did at all, but i love how you shaped it! Percy was selfish and more honestly human than most people on this site make him out to be.

I think people forget that the gods aren't just perfect, they rape and pillage and lie and steal. This story is what I've been looking for in this fandom. It was worth wading through all the Mary sue's, all the super over protective father/mother stories. The ones where everyone and their mother loves Percy Jackson.

I also apologize if this makes no sense, it is 5:42 in the morning and I'm fighting sleep.
Writer is Ninja chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
This is joy and bitterness and sense and glorious madness, and I barely understood some of it, but it brought me to tears by its beauty. I think the best part, the *very* best, is that, in the end, only the monsters are made perfectly - *if* as perfect *monsters*.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Beautiful
Bookaholic27 chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
This story was brilliant! I couldn't stop reading, it was just so good. Things had been getting so somber that when the fate said they "passed the test," I nearly fell off my bed laughing. This has to be one of the best Percy Jackson fanfictions I've read yet.
hauntedpumpkin56 chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
amazing..the idea and concept was great. very orginal
AnotherFangirlFromTumblr chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
words describe how amazing this fanfiction is.I can't say more than wow
NelleVisal chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
This is really good. I enjoy reading it. I like how you wrote the ending most especially.