Reviews for Sharpe's Legend
LordRaven25 chapter 14 . 9/23/2014
great story, I really enjoyed it, only found minor typo mistakes nothing really important, hope you update, took me like 1 hour to reach chapter 14
Frostbite49 chapter 7 . 3/23/2014
Loving the exchanges between Amy and Sharpe. I always wondered how he would fare with a modern woman
Frostbite49 chapter 4 . 3/23/2014
I appreciate you not wanting to get bogged down by detail (I know that's where the devil lies) but the details are also what can take a story to the next level...especially in the description of the characters. I'm liking this combination of Sharpe/Doctor.
lalalady chapter 14 . 9/11/2013
where is the rest of it / please write more
BlueNeutrino chapter 14 . 1/24/2013
That's what I want to know as well, what happened to Amy?! And I want to see Hakeswill get his comeuppance, somehow. How will he weasel his way back into the British Army after this?

Loved the writing in this chapter; you had some great descriptions and the dialogue was done very well. I'm especially eager to see what happens since you've left it on yet another cliffhanger! You certainly know how to build suspense.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/21/2012
Great chapter! Please update soon!
BlueNeutrino chapter 13 . 11/14/2012
Your descriptions of the Pillar were fantastic. It was both very easy to imagine and difficult to imagine at the same time because of how you describe the scale of it. That definitely wasn't something I would have been expecting them to see.

I also loved seeing Amy get one up on Hakeswill. It's about time somebody taught him a lesson. I'm curious to see how he survives though, because, well, he always does. Whether it's hanging, tigers... the ceiling slowly descending to crush him. I want to see how he gets out of that.

Another very exciting cliffhanger and I just love the way you come up with your villains in stories. You always make them vivid and give them all very clear motives rather than just make them generically evil. The original characters you come up with are always characterised just as well as the existing ones you write about and you fit them into the universe perfectly. These alien creatures seem just like something out of Doctor Who but also fit in perfectly well in the context of 19th century India.

The ending definitely has me on the edge of my seat again. This is getting intense and I'm really looking forward to the next update!
BlueNeutrino chapter 12 . 6/10/2012
I really enjoyed this chapter. I loved seeing more romance between Sharpe and Amy and the mental image of the Doctor dancing the Tāṇḍava nṛtya made me laugh. I looked it up on YouTube and it's quite funny to imagine the Doctor dancing like that in his tweed jacket and bow tie.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Amy deals with Hakeswill and I really want to know what could possibly be in that room! That was another suspenseful way to end the chapter after last time.

And you're welcome :) I'll always support your Sharpe crossovers - you have some really creative ideas and I always thoroughly enjoy your stories. You were the first and only person on this site to cross over Sharpe and Doctor Who, and when you combine two of my favourite things ever so well I can't help but love it.
BlueNeutrino chapter 11 . 3/13/2012
I missed the update on this as my email account was bouncing story alerts and I've only just realised, but this was a great chapter to find waiting for me once I got it sorted!

I think the mouse idea was a very Doctor-ish plan and of course Sharpe deciding to knock the guards out anyway was very typical of him. Again, your characterisation is great and I love the banter between Amy and Sharpe.

Hakeswill looks like he could be causing trouble again, but right now I want to see how they all get out of this Indiana Jones-esque threat. I also love that you've used the 'sonic screwdriver doesn't work on wood' recurring plot device - it makes this feel very authentically Doctor Who.

Overall, I loved this chapter and can't wait to find out what happens next. Your Sharpe crossovers really are some of my favourite fanfiction ever and I always look forward to your next update.
Macceh chapter 10 . 3/4/2012
I've enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed reading Sharpe's Doctor. Once again everyone is wonderfully in character and I love all the Amy/Sharpe interaction!

I just want to point out that there are places where it looks like you could do with another proof read. For example:

"Do you I am deadly Soldier Boy" asked Amy flirtatiously. (In Chapter 7)

and

"Who are you" asked Amy curiously as much as angry? (In Chapter 8)

Apart from that you shouldn't change a thing and I eagerly look forward to reading more!
BlueNeutrino chapter 10 . 2/11/2012
Great chapter. I like how you expanded more on Sharpe's past there, giving a bit more detail to what we already know happened. I also loved how you showed just how evil and sadistic the Raja actually is. I'm curious as to what the Doctor's plan is now, so I'm looking forward to finding out!
BlueNeutrino chapter 9 . 1/9/2012
Excellent! I'm so glad you've updated. This was a really great chapter. I had a bit of a giggle at the pizza part because that is so true - who thought putting fruit on a pizza was a good idea?

Again, I loved the interaction between Sharpe and Amy. You've got them both down just right and they work really well together.

I also liked the part where the Doctor said "Ah the old team is back, you come up with the simple ideas, and I come up with the ridiculous crazy plans. Just like in the good old days" It made me smile because that's a very true description of what they were like last time.

As to the ending, I can't wait to see what happens! I still want to know what the Raja is up to, and now what does he have planned for Sharpe?

I'm glad if I managed to motivate you to write more. I just love your stories and I always look forward to new chapters from you, so if you've decided to start writing again I'm very pleased there's going to be more to come :)
BlueNeutrino chapter 8 . 10/7/2011
That was brilliant! Most definitely your best chapter yet :D I absolutely loved it and cannot wait for the next one!

The way you write Hakeswill is absolutely spot on. You manage to capture both Cornwell and Pete Postlethwaite's portrayal of him perfectly. It's just superb :)

I loved the confrontation between Hakeswill and the Doctor. It was very intense and completely in character for both of them. Hakewill was brilliantly cunning and vile and you've got his mannerisms down to a tee. The Doctor's reaction to him was also excellent - I love how he transitioned from being quite quirky and humourous to being dark and angry when Hakeswill mentioned hanging Sharpe. That seemed like exactly the way the Doctor would have dealt with the situation. The part beginning with "You enjoy dealing out hate and despair to those who can't fight back don't you Sergeant" felt like it could have been lifted from a Steven Moffat script. It's just brilliant how you can take charaters from two very different genres and put them together so believably.

I think what I love most about this story is how well you get the two worlds to fit together - the character interactions just feel so real and I can picture everything happening so clearly. This story could quite easily make a great episode of Doctor Who and at the same time doesn't feel at all out of place in the world of Sharpe (just with added aliens and time travellers). In particular I love the dialogue you've given each of the characters, for example this part - "Hrmmm, thought about it and I still say, go to hell" said Amy.

Sharpe stepped in front of Amy, to protect her from the slowly advancing Hakeswill.

"You heard her Hakeswill, go bugger off" demanded Sharpe. - That seemed like such an Amy-ish and such a Sharpe-ish thing for each of them to say. I had a mental image of Karen Gillan and Sean Bean in my head at that part and could hear each of their voices saying it. The character interactions are so well done and the plot fits in so well with both fandoms that you make this seem like the most obvious and most natural crossover concept in the world.

Really great work on this chapter and I cannot wait to see where things go from here. Actually, I think a may be slightly more interested in seeing what happens between Amy and Sharpe and how they deal with Hakeswill than I am in seeing how the Doctor defeats the Black Raja, but either way I really cannot wait for the next chapter!
BlueNeutrino chapter 7 . 9/16/2011
I always get really excited when I see this story has been updated, and now I'm doubly excited to read the next update! For me this was the best chapter yet. There was some brilliantly written description in it and I absolutely loved Amy and Sharpe's dialogue - it just seemed so natural and perfectly in character for both of them.

I felt really conflicted when I read this bit - "Amy smiled, Sharpe remind her of someone who she had loved once in a faraway dream, although she couldn't remember his name, she knew it was something beginning with R." Part of me really wanted her to try harder to remember Rory, but at the same time I wanted her to not think about him at all so things could go further between her and Sharpe. I love Amy/Rory, but for the sake of this story I think I love Amy/Sharpe even more.

As to the ending, simply AMAZING. I cannot wait to see what happens with Hakeswill. Please update soon because I am going crazy wanting to know what happens!
BlueNeutrino chapter 6 . 8/26/2011
Great chapter. I loved the Doctor's interaction with the Raja and I can't wait to see what Amy and Sharpe get up to.

The joke about Genghis Khan and the green blob sounds completely like something the Doctor would tell. I'm laughing to myself just trying to imagine what it could be, but I guess I may never know.

I also liked the part about the Doctor filling his head with nonsense. He may be very smart, but actually I can imagine he wouldn't find it too hard to think of utter rubbish. He did after all use the phrase 'squirmy wirmy, timey wimey stuff' when trying to explain how time travel works.

Loved this chapter, and I'm loving this story as a whole. Things are really starting to pick up now and the Raja may be aware that the Doctor's onto him. Can't wait to find out what happens.