Reviews for Cold Fusion: True North
ladyspock7 chapter 15 . 4/11
Ohh such a sweet ending! Megamind sneaking into her house sneakily and then being goofy and pressing his nose against the window. Great chemistry joke. I love the comparison of the last rainstorm, which ended with such heartache, to *this* rainstorm, which is ending quite differently. It has produced major feels. This story is great as is, but I'm very happy there are multiple continuations! Because I like seeing what you do with these characters.
ladyspock7 chapter 14 . 4/11
I love all this biochemical stuff! It says something about my own lack of knowledge that I have to resort to the word 'stuff' LOL! But I do enjoy reading about the chemical reactions that take place when people bond or experience strong emotions. Love the food fight, and Megamind talking with a spoon in his mouth.
ladyspock7 chapter 13 . 4/11
That is very sobering. I'm very glad he has that card, to drive home the point that he is, in fact, legally a sentient being. I like Roxanne's compassionate response to Minion's revelation. It seems natural for Megamind to joke around a little to try to lighten the mood.
Sister-to-the-Queen chapter 12 . 3/8
*stunned*

Honestly, your interpretation Megamind is... It makes him one of the most complex characters I've ever read about. I mean, after all the shit that's been done to him and (not to be harsh, but it has to be said all the shit he himself has pulled, wreaking havoc on the city for /years/, over and over again... now he turns around, takes the entire town in the palm of his hand, and puts just as much energy in helping as he once did in harming. And all of it, /all of it/, stems from a desire to be accepted, no, to be /seen/, one way or the other (because, as you say further on, his belief in the possibility of acceptance died long ago), but he never believed anyone would see him for what he really is, i.e. /not evil/. But hey, can't blame people. Books and covers, and prior to the events of the movie, Megamind was /all/ cover. Hell, even he himself forgot it for the longest time. Crap, I'm babbling, but the thing is, he's been so utterly /lost/ all these years and he's finally getting to be unlost and sure Roxanne is a big factor in this but the process of self-acceptance has to start /inside/ of oneself and you are a psychological /genius/ to portray this so well. I am in awe and a state of benign envy 'cause DAMN.

And then the second part. If Roxanne, who knows Megamind better than anyone save maybe Minion, is completely lost for words, that what is an outsider like me supposed to say? It's incredible, is what it is: so alone for so long, and he not only bore up under the pain, he was able to accomplish everythign he has, by his own self. That man is strong beyond belief. And I am willing to personally smack the face of anyone who denies it.

And he needs her and she needs him and he has her and she has him and just thank you for, thank you for writing this. It is /right/, you understand? It's okay. It's gonna be okay now.

Please let it be okay.

And...

And God give him a chance to finally dare to be alive.
ladyspock7 chapter 12 . 2/13
Oh my, this was so beautiful. Such a wonderful display of the stars and his lost sun! Your description was wonderful. I also liked how she didn't want to intrude, she was only curious about what he was doing, and then he went and made that beautiful projection. And how she describes her love for him! Just wonderful.
ladyspock7 chapter 11 . 1/27
Whoa, Roxanne was scary! I didn't quite expect her to launch such an attack. But she certainly did catch him off-guard as she planned. You always do such a good job exploring his issues. As for the rest...that was super hawt.
ladyspock7 chapter 10 . 1/22
Of all the great stuff in this story, Hal showing a bunch of prison inmates the glories of gaming is one of the greatest. I love it! Rarely do I see a happy Hal. It's good to see him find his niche! And he doesn't even hold a grudge against Megamind, and warns him to watch his back. Very nice!
ladyspock7 chapter 9 . 1/16
Oh man that was exciting! Roxanne and Akos to the rescue! Nice interaction of the "new heroes" with the cops and the press LOL.
ladyspock7 chapter 8 . 1/16
And so all the pieces start to fall into place! Fantastic discussion of bonding based on chemicals rather than psychically, which I think is quite unique and makes perfect sense, since it allows Megamind and Minion to be quite emotionally close, but they can't read each others' minds. Glad Metro Man's message got through! It took me a moment to remember that Minion doesn't yet know that Wayne's alive, but that just adds another layer of interest to the story. And that ending! Damn Anderson, not playing by the rules.
ladyspock7 chapter 7 . 1/14
aaaahhhhh, what's happening? I don't know for whom I'm more worried, Roxanne or Minion. I loved Roxanne's thought that she loved him, but she didn't like him very much just then. It may be a strange feeling, but it's true no matter how much we love someone, there are times we may not like them much. Fantastic emotionally-charged chapter.
Sister-to-the-Queen chapter 11 . 1/9
Man. It's about time this conversation happened. And to think, they /needed/ all the crap that's been happening so far for things to ever come to a head like this. It's so... sad to think that their relationship would most likely have up and died if it hadn't reached breaking point first. But that's not nearly as sad as the incontrovertible fact that paranoia and distrust - both justified, mind you - are so much a part of Megamind's personality at this point that, given sufficient stress, he's even capable of suspecting /Roxanne/, of all people, of possibly wanting to hurt Minion. That's just... it's insane. And it hurts.

Damn, I mean... What kind of life has this poor sap /had/, for chrissakes? He can't even fully, or rather, can't spontaneously trust the woman he would literally die for. And he would, don't tell me he wouldn't. Thank God Roxanne is both mature enough and wise enough to put up with all this and make it work anyway. The woman is a straight-up wonder. (All of which is not to say Megamind didn't deserve that slap, 'cause he really, really did after all the shit he's pulled here. Which, again, he can't be blamed for. Psychological issues like that are hell.)

You are so freakin' good at this.

Oh, and I um. I sorta skimmed over the mature bits. I know it makes me sound like a kid, but it's not really my cup of tea. Just. Heh. I /did/ get that they were enjoying the experience, and I'm happy for them, I truly am, but... *shuffles* Yeah.
ladyspock7 chapter 6 . 12/11/2015
Oh no, what has Roxanne and her mother been arguing about over the past year? What damage was fixed aargh!

Really great description of Roxanne's anger, and her mother's take on things. I think a lot of all that really does apply to Megamind. YOu have a very good grasp of psychology!
ladyspock7 chapter 5 . 12/2/2015
What a plan! But Roxanne has figured it out already, even through her rage. Megamind is in for it now! It's hard to tell what would get him in more trouble, actually cheating on her, or once again lying and tricking her. (Or trying to trick her...)
ladyspock7 chapter 4 . 12/2/2015
Megamind is certainly very good at shooting himself in the foot! Planning to break up with Roxanne before she has a chance to dump him. Really good description of his personality, and it looks like Wayne is going to do something sneaky and underhanded to stop him from making a big mistake.
ladyspock7 chapter 3 . 11/12/2015
I just love seeing Megamind's mind work. Logical Extrapolations! I also like how you explain the subtle differences between Megamind and humans, how his differences are not just physcial but actually on a chemical level. It is fascinating. My heart went out to him when he told Roxanne he didn't deserve 'any of this', as if he is not deserving of happiness.