Reviews for Substance
Corr5092 chapter 1 . 10/22
please update
Please write more
CindyWindy1 chapter 13 . 1/12
Her cute and candid comments make me giggle: "I am slightly perturbed that it has been a whole eleven minutes since you last kissed me."

He's handled everything well so I'm sure he'll be able to take in the information about the Volturi. He's done so well, it's as if he was destined for this life. Still, to go from meek, poor, skinny, stuttering human to powerful vampire will be quite the change for him.

I love this story so so much, thank you! I don't mind infrequent updates at all (if I wrote ff I'm sure that's how it would be for me). Even if you never complete this, I've so enjoyed getting to know these characters. That said, I'd love to read more about their lives together!
CindyWindy1 chapter 12 . 1/12
How interesting, that her venom is slowly changing him and making him stronger. That will come in very handy for him, especially with having a vampire girlfriend...excuse me, I mean mate!
CindyWindy1 chapter 11 . 1/11
He certainly took her news very calmly! I kind of expected some disbelief, or him thinking she's a little crazy, not such easy acceptance. However, he has been close enough to her physically to know she's different in some way, plus he saw her singlehandedly take on the two bad guys, so he must have known something was up.

So he's a virgin too? Aww, Virginward has a special place in my heart. I adore this tender, sweet Edward!
CindyWindy1 chapter 10 . 1/9
Oh my, that's quite the cliffie! That would've been positively painful to wait for an update! Very glad I can just click next!
CindyWindy1 chapter 9 . 1/9
She mentions Edward's family. Does he have any? I don't recall hearing about them and he seems alone. I'm wondering if he's like Canonward and is an only child who has lost his parents.

The frat boys don't seem to find Vampella very frightening. She should've growled at them. :)

(Don't know if it's worth mentioning, but in the first chapter, Demetri's mate was named Adriana [who's very sweet by the way]. For how long you've been writing this story, you've managed to remain very consistent!)
CindyWindy1 chapter 8 . 1/9
Oh yes, perish the thought of dearest Edward playing an out of tune piano! :D Such deprivation must not be borne!

The A/N asked if the rhythm of the story had been continued with this update. I definitely think so. It reads fluidly with the already posted chapters and your unique, quirky characters shine through.
CindyWindy1 chapter 7 . 1/9
What a sweet chapter and such a super sweet and fun story! I'm very glad you decided to continue with your writing! No worries about infrequent updates here, just please carry on! Oh and thank you very much for sharing your writing talent!
CindyWindy1 chapter 6 . 1/9
That was some swift vampire justice! I was surprised she murdered the two guys who had only harassed her mate. I wonder what he would think of that if he ever found out.

It was quite funny when she berated the impatient customer for daring to meddle with the selection of her true love's very important nourishment! Though I hope Bella doesn't find out that I chuckled heartily about it (see first paragraph).

They are so awful sweet together! I'm imagining Bella with these goofy puppy dog eyes, staring with adoration at her love. Pretty sure I have the same goofy smile on my face the whole time I'm reading this!
CindyWindy1 chapter 5 . 1/8
This Rosalie is a bit of a spoiled brat. Canon Rose had Emmett to temper her but your poor girl has been waiting 50 years. She needs her Emmett pronto!

Bella is head over heels in love with her mate, her perfectly perfect Edward, and boy is she coming on strong! Thankfully he seems to feel it to. It's all very endearing!
CindyWindy1 chapter 4 . 1/8
I'm really enjoying how Bella is written. She's kind of old fashioned, a little out of touch with the modern world even though she tries so hard. She's quite unintentionally hilarious at times, like when she asks the deli owner to do the unusual feat of making a sandwich!
CindyWindy1 chapter 3 . 1/8
This Bella is just a really kind person, like when she's thinking about how she wouldn't want to flaunt her new mate in the presence of Marcus.

"I whimpered at the thought of my love being in any kind of pain or discomfort..." Oh my goodness, she's got it bad, whimpering over his acne! How sweet!

Loved the nod to canon with her watching him sleep.
CindyWindy1 chapter 2 . 1/8
This Bella is sweet, a hopeless romantic, killing and burying the male and female animals together. I can't believe she's 750 years old! And has been longing for her mate for forever it seems.

Goodness, Rosalie is a pill. I don't know how Bella is so patient with her. Must be all that longevity.

She found him! And I just want to take him home, feed him and take care of him!
CindyWindy1 chapter 1 . 1/8
What an intriguing beginning! I'm glad there are a number of chapters posted. I have no idea how I missed this one as I've been here since '09 and vamp stories are my favorite!

Fascinating to read a Bella who's Volturi royalty and is comfortable with all of it, including Aro, and even considers Volterra her home.