Reviews for Study War No More
Nervos Belli chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Very interesting premise, and I like the way you subtly lead into the crossover, rather than blurt it all out at once. Army of Rei-clones versus Kzin seems like an excuse for awesome and hilarity, and I can't help but wonder what exactly happened to EVA canon to make this future. Would like to see where this goes, but honestly I think it is excellent just as a one-shot as well.
Warpwind chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
and where is the next chapter?
OwlofNight chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Ow man... that was intresting my friend. Im a big fan of Niven ever since i read the intergral trees and i was pointed to your shinji/warhammer 40k crossover by our dear Eliezer. I am currently watching evangelion and a bit of warhammer 40k to get a feel for the universe before i read your fanfic but im looking forward to it after this bad boy.
AiSard chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
o.o I've never actually read the Ringworld series to be honest (had to wiki up Known Space to even recognize the link even) but still, really like what you've done with mankind here. really appreciated all the play on words as well :) Childs play indeed. But yea, didn't think the summary was this literal, very awesome though. Although the very last bit where the Earthborn captain mini-rants in thoughtform to us was just a tad bit over the top though. the 'plague' bit specifically. That Humans have become good at war (terrifyingly good with just that small taste of Ayanami) is one thing, that they do not want to re-open pandora's box is also one thing, but that they envision themselves as a plague, and hence innately superior to alien beings reeks of hubris methinks / that said, everything else there was just awesome. After reading the latest chapter of Shinji and Warhammer40k, its a fresh new outlook to actually contemplate what comes after (with a slightly different chain of events but yea) Also, really loved the whole feel due to the similarities to WH40k and the Hegemony of Man. Really feels like Shinji is still alive, on some sort of Golden Throne, really hope thats true p (the former bit of course) But the similarities are fascinating, even if they aren't exactly that similar. The almost implicit worship and religious slant to it all, except with the Emperor of Mankind being Shinji albeit an upgraded Shinji of some sort (though probably not as awesome as wh40k!Shinji p Also, seeing as this is Sixteenth we're dealing with... does this mean that Second or Third might be popping up sometime soon in the wh40k fic? pls? o.o -(imagine cute, pleading, puppy eyes of doom) So yea, entirely in the dark about the Ringworld bits, but thats ok, cuz with Eva and overtones of wh40k thats all I really need )
CelticReaper chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
awesome

update soon please
Velocityshade chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Woah nice, wonder what this is? Though I gotta say you seem to a have a lot on your plate, this story is excellent as always. *grins*
Renegade Agent chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Very enjoyable. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
So very, very awesome. And sad - but then, it's Evangelion; go figure.

So Rei is our Goddess? Our Master and our Servant, our Guide and our Follower? And she sacrifices herself for the Greater Good...

Those Kzin won't know what hit them. The God-Machines shall sing a dirge of Fear and Blood, all across the Stars, mourning their lost sister. That she went willingly matters not - only that they made the choice necessary.

Weep, vermin, for you have awakened the Dragon.
Barricade chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Oh. Good. God.

Post-Angel War earth (with a HELVALOT of Rei-clones, and all of them looking to be damn powerful) in the Man-Kzin Wars universe? With the Ringworld?

This is like unleashing late-era Perry Rhodan into the nBSGverse. By the time it's done and over, the Kzinti are going to speak the name of their ship as the worst curse word in the history of their language.
Sdarian chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
I'm... not too sure about this. While it could be good, and judging from your other stories likely will be, I'm just not seeing much from the Eva aspect yet. While it's nice that humans get some new stuff from related sciences, you'd think that it would be a bit more... something. Cataclysmic events happen, everybody turns to goo, and the start of this is very similar to how the books started.

I guess I'll have to wait and see how this goes. Like I said before, you do good work so I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Good luck!
Redrach chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
I'm not sure whether to hate you or love you for writing this! I love that you've decided to delve into the Nivenverse, but this means your other stories will update that much less frequently, haha.

Oh well, it's a small price to pay. Waiting eagerly for more, as usual.
GeshronTyler chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
*blinks* Well, this version if the Man-Kzin wars will be even more futile for the Kzin, won't it? I have to say, I find this concept to be a very odd combination, but I too have enjoyed reading many of Niven's novels. I haven't seen the 3rd OVA, if this is based on "Rebuild" of Evangelion, but I find the allusions and references to Evangelion, or your reinterpretation thereof, to be very interesting. Especially with the apparent terraforming of Luna, and the continued existance of Gehirn. The "first generation" seed ships, I speculate to be the EVAs? Or at least their cores turned into the drives for the ships? In any case, I'm glad to read a story where Evangelion seems to have left earth in a much more positive frame of existance, than organge goop. No doubt, only through the office of true sacrifice.

I look forward to more.
maleficus-lupus chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
/this was very good, I've read just enough Known Space too understand what you've omne. I look forward to more.
The Thirteenth Lie chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Is this a sequel to Shinji and 40k? Dammit, now I'll have to read the whole thing before I read any more of this. An excellent start to something beautiful, I think.
Less Wrong chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Well... not really interesting yet, but could turn that way. I'll be interested in seeing how/if you obey the First Law of Fanfiction on this one, especially since humans won the original Man/Kzin wars.