Reviews for The Jungle in Our Hearts
Trisa Slyne chapter 1 . 1/16
Oh heck yeah I get it why so many people write about that scene- oh my the tension. They panned out far too quickly.

Oh my goodness this was beautifully written. I think you did it justice.
Kotali chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Tendons, scar tissue and grit... I dig it. Thank you; this was both indulgent and tasteful; well done.
TheGrinningAnimal chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
something tells me thats what happened on the original storybord, but the assholes who edited it took that scene out because they thought parents would flip the fuck out over a kiss (and if they do then i cant wait to see how those parents react to their kids first sex-ed class)
elfgirl931 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
GAWD ALL THE FEELS.
Loved this. It was a very interesting, non-typical dynamic of romance between these two. I think you illustrated it very well. Wonderful writing indeed. FAVED!
cotonclouds chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Noone ever gets enough of that scene can they?
Great follow-up, really enjoyed reading it!
Lyla chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
So...beautifully written...so goooood!
Jessica chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Beautiful, sensual, heartwarming take on this scene! I feel a desperate NEED for more great Enslaved stories like the ones you have here!

I just... :'D
GriddedKnight chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
I really liked this, good good. :D
T2 Angel chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Oh, yeah! That was awesome! An absolutely amazing job!
DeathByMonkees chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
very wonderful :) good job!
DioIsDead chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
WOW! youre a professional writer or what? Every time I read your stuff, I think; oh no, already finished? Did you ever thought of writing a book of enslaved :))) ?
Tamaki chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Awwww! This is sooo cuteh and adorable! 0 I love how you describe the scenery about how,"... a thousand tiny lights flashed in sequence, commencing their own rhythmic pulse to mimic the beat of Monkey's heart," it's so pretty! You have this gift when it comes to comparing things whehter it is the characters to nature, mechanics to characters, etc.

I also like how you've mastered stating the characters thoughts without really stating them. Such as,"It had always been just him, breathing alone." It sets the stage of the lonely life Monkey had because in this life we are bombarded by noise. With him, there is rarely any sound of laughter, crying, talking, shouting, just... his own breath. It tells us how quiet his life has been, and if the world was that quiet, it would be hoped he could hear someone else. Yet he couldn't. That line caught it well about what his life is like, although I could just be interpreting it to make it my own. XDDDD (I feel like I could write an English essay on that! XDDDDDDDDD).

Your story is just to cuteh and pretteh and wonderful! It's nice how Trip gets assertive with Monkey and commands him to kiss her, since they both want it, but Monkey feels he should stay away since he probably knows he will hurt her. You played the theme well, because we can see Trip and Monkey play with submission and dominance within themselves. For example, Monkey wants to kiss Trip, but he refused to submit himself to that part of his being until, well... Trip kind broke that wall. :D

And yesh, it is terribly gooey, but the best smores are a bit on the gooey side tew! X3

Have an awesome day!
Nomyy chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Wooohooo you wrote a romance enslaved fic! :D

I love your great vocabulary - it's so inspiring and very interesting to read. (I'm learning new words!) Well I haven't read any other fics about this scene but I'm sure yours is unique in that the... metaphors? I don't know the word but what with the jungle flower petals and the running water describing feelings and personalities ... Symbolic you know? :D

Anyway, i have one last thing to say:

"Command: write more!"