Reviews for Rika and Hanyu's Real World Adventure
bhark3 chapter 17 . 6/15/2014
This was a pretty good chapter. Nobody messes with Oyashiro-sama and expect to win. I find the thought of a goddess from ancient playing video games in the modern day as a pretty good idea.

Although, I wonder what would happen if the Higurashi group came across a song from Higurashi sang by their voice actors. That would be some serious fourth wall breaking and a creepy exp for them.

But funny as hell for us though.
Stinabean11 chapter 9 . 2/26/2014
I guess Rika won't "call you when she's sober". HA. I see whatcha did there. Even if it wasn't intentional, that's clever.
But in all seriousnous, keep it up!
bhark3 chapter 16 . 2/23/2014
This was a good chapter. I cracked up at the fight the gamers were having. I loved Rika's new word for the English language.

And I agree with you, Fallout NV is the Shit. If you got the thing on PC you can load it up with some mods from Nexus, that stuff makes the game even better in my opinion. The guy on my game is all dressed up and modded to look at Alucard from the Hellsing Manga. Also you should check out a guy called Alchestbreach on youtube for some Fallout comedy gold. Trust me, you won't look at the game the same way ever again.
Michael S. Repton chapter 15 . 2/12/2014
Great to see this updating again, and now we have Rena in the story too :) I'm not sure I'm entirely convinced by the given reason for not trying to wish them back, but who cares, it's fun to watch them in the real world and to have a more light-hearted story as a break from the heavy stuff that makes up most of Higurashi.

Just one small nitpick - in Chapter 10 you mentioned "the creek near Hinamizawa", but let's not forget there is a large river flowing through the village, down which they float cotton balls :)
xxApocalypsexx chapter 15 . 2/9/2014
Again, well written. I noticed a single typo, but it's not a big deal.

'she walked, or rather 'stumped' over to Ant'

I assume you meant 'stomped'.

Anyways...I had a thought while reading this. They have access to the internet, and you've previously mentioned that Hanyuu's character song exists. It would be interesting if they heard their own character songs, 'Egao Happii Piisu' for Rena, 'Mugen Kairou' and 'Rinne no Hate ni' for Rika, and 'Nano Desu' for Hanyuu.

Just a suggestion. Keep it up, as I rather enjoy this story.
bhark3 chapter 15 . 2/7/2014
Nice chapter and it's good to see Rika finally tell the truth to one of the club. Also, you're right. Kamina does rule! He's the only guy I can think of that died, came back to life through willpower and avenge himself. And then be reborn into a mecha completely made of will seven years later and has a drill larger than the god. Damn. Fucking. Universe.

Tell me one other person whose done this. Cause to my memory no one else has.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens next, and I hope everything goes alright. But, considering who they got, I think that's not gonna be the case.

I'll see you later.
bhark3 chapter 14 . 1/31/2014
I'm gonna guess things are not gonna go well now that Rena is there. I have been liking this story so far as this is the first Higurashi fic I've seen. Can't wait for Rika and Hanyu to find out Rena is there.

However, I've been thinking about something. I can tell there is a lot of singing and things like that in this fic so I've been wonder if you would consider putting a song in the fic that I think would match Rika and Hanyu pretty well.

It's called "libera me from hell". It's a song from the Anime TenGen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I think Rika and Hanyu would like it since they have been fighting Fate for a hundred years and that the most well known phrase in the song is:

"DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, SEE THE INVISIBLE

ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWER!

TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE, BREAK THE UNBREAKABLE

ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWER!"

If you've never seen it, it's all over Youtube and if you don't listen to it, you're gonna regret it because it will redefine your understanding on "Awesome" and "Epic". Infact, just watch the whole damn Anime, even the english dub is great.

If you want to use the song you can find it on the Gurren Lagann Wiki.

That's all I have for now. Can't wait for the rest and I'll you later.
xxApocalypsexx chapter 14 . 1/21/2014
I'm so happy you began updating again, this is one of my favorite stories. Just from this one chapter, I think you nailed Rena's personality. Good job, and I look forward to the next one.
xxApocalypsexx chapter 13 . 9/30/2013
Well, here they come...Antoine is probably going to make the most foolish wish he could possibly make, and end up with the entire Higurashi gang. Of course, that's exactly what I've been waiting for. Good chapter, can't wait for more.
birdy1564 chapter 13 . 9/28/2013
I really enjoy this chapter you made, it's so cute to see hanyuu and rika try to learn to skate. Anyway, the OVA movie you mentioned is out few days ago. You can find it at Anilinkz and search for it there
Forte De Tu chapter 12 . 9/3/2013
XD hanyu on a slingshot ride... I would pay to see that-
rena: haauu! omochicaree!
ME: crap...
Forte De Tu chapter 11 . 8/20/2013
im glad to see your back on track... this was an awesome chapter... ant really knows how to kick $$
Novaprime12 chapter 11 . 8/19/2013
*Flails arms around as a chibi* I wanna see the rest of the Higurashi cast be in the story! I want to see the scene in the summary of the story with Rena in a toysrus! Please do that!
Kumumu chapter 10 . 8/12/2013
So far this is an interesting and creative story that is extremely funny! There are a few typos but other than that keep up the good work!
*btw that scene in ch.10 when Hanyuu danced was genius XD
xxApocalypsexx chapter 10 . 7/25/2013
Aw...this one was nice, but had a hint of sadness. Kevin really doesn't want Rika to go...but...he 'does' still have the monkey's paw. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this. Also, I'm glad you started updating again.