Reviews for Snape's Death
Roselina4389 chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
Um, I'm sure Snape could of gotten over the Potter grudge. You aren't being fair. Firstly, when Harry arrived at Hogwarts he resembled James a lot. So the grudge freshened. If Harry wasn't so cheeky and didn't kept retaliating to Snape's remarks, I am certain that Snape would get bored of him and realise he isn't that much like his father after all. Potter was a sickening bully and I am sure when Lily saw he was SO desperate to go with her, she dated him. Hanging someone up in the air by the ankle and sexually harassing him...not brave. At all. In the third book Snape was awfully humiliated. In the fourth he had a dangerous mission. In the fifth Harry saw his embarrassing memories and that didn't help with the grudge. In the sixth, Snape is feeling better about himself-but THEN Dumbledore's mistrust and request to kill him...shattering him. You are a motherfucker for hating such a brave man as such. He had reasons to hate Potter and unless you have forgotten after Dumbledore prompted him to care for Potter and Lily too, he said: "Fine keep her-them-safe,". He agreed to keep them ALL safe. And it wasn't obsessive. It was guilt. And he didn't torment Harry, he was just snarky and spiteful to him. In fact, Harry didn't give Snape any reason to like him either. You Snape-haters need to get your facts straight. It's easy to forgive a bullying bastard but it's hard to forgive a tortured soul who made decisions he didn't like? Oh if YOU loved a woman and your worst enemy married her instead you would feel he "stole" her, too. While Potter's bullying was the main reason why they aren't friends (along with his unhealthy interest in the arts) he never meant to call her Mudblood. He never enjoyed it. It slipped out in his anger and frustration-an attempt to vent off the humiliation. Please be mature. Snape-haters need therapists.
jonski chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Snivellous is a fool if he think James stole Lily from him. Lily knows all of James faults but lily choose James because he really is a good man unlike Snape who want's his master to kill Lily's husband and baby so he can have Lily. He dosnt love Lily. He is obssesed.
madbrad chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Yes, but Snape didn't know that Harr-

- Before you say that Snape didn't know that Harry was the only person that could kill Voldemort... Are you kidding?

Oh. Oh, okay. :-)

Well, I'm still not totally convinced. In the chapter "The Prince's Tail" Snape remarks that he had been protecting Harry, for Lily. Nothing about "because he is the only one that can kill Voldemort".

But anyway, I appreciate the motivations you attributed to Snape in this short story. Thanks!
Nebresh chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Interesting idea, well presented.
bgibbons chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
You're probably right that Snape's hatred of Harry had a variety of sources, but I think you underestimate how well some people can hold grudges. Google "The 40-Year-Old Mean Girl" for a recent Slate article about a situation that struck me as somewhat Snape-like.
pokemon-hogwarts4eva chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
he called himself a 'greasy git' hahaha

sad, yet funny at the same time, all because of snapey!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Not bad, and it's always good to see Snivellous dying. :)

But you must have lived a blessed and sheltered life to have never known someone who could hold such a grudge against a teenage rival. Snape had the additional reason to hate James and Harry in that James "stole" Lily and Harry is proof.

Men frequently resent, often torment, and sometimes even kill the offspring (especially sons) sired by other men upon their current spouse or girlfriend. This behavior has a strong basis in biology.

"Intelligent" men can be just as irrational as anyone else.
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
First off, great to see you back again, and hoping that this will lead to more of your stories coming later on. Now, as far as this goes, I agree that Snape was a very good Slytheirn in many respects, and also that he was so idiotic as well concerning both Harry and Lily. For some reason, JKR fell so in love with the character, that she seems convinced that Snape was a good bad guy, when imo, he was pretty much the selfish git that he acted like. For someone who was so willing to let James and Harry die if he could "save" Lily and instead seemingly move in on her in her period of grief, well, that's a love that I can do without, and wondering just where JKR pulled out that idiocy from. Again, great to see you back, and a good shot here.
DeliaDee chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
I think (actually, I know since my belief was confirmed by Jo herself) that you are missing something important. Snape did, in fact, hate Harry for looking just like the man who "stole" Lily from him. He also hated Harry for having Lily's eyes and, therefore, reminding him, every time he looked at Harry, of everything he lost. What you don't seem to understand is that hate and bitterness have nothing to do with intelligence. In fact it runs counter to it in many respects.