Reviews for After the Epilogue
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 4/4
People who felt that Harry and Hermione SHOULD do something are just as pathetic as the sheep wizards who felt comfortable sitting on their butts and letting the teenager to face Voldemort.
-) Harry doesn't owe the Wizardling world anything.
-) He is not Mr. Fix-It for all the inadequacies of the wizardling world.
-) He is not a leader, he is just a kid who was brainwashed to the point of walking to his death.
P.S. Do you realize that both of them were damaged by the years at Hogwarts and the following war? Harry never wanted to be in spotlight, he wanted normalcy - wife, three kids and white picket fence. What's exactly what he got in the Epilogue.
Diannika Alyse chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
so not fair! this could have been an amazing novel length fic at the very least, with the potential to be an epic saga that spans countless AUs and even a wide variety of fanfiction WITHOUT falling into the crossover trap (that being that most crossovers suck, even if you are a huge fan of both/all universes involved, therefore there is a HUGE fanbase that refuses catagorically to read them under any circumstances. with this framework, however, they wouldnt be crossovers)
Ice Demon Ranger chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Interesting read for a few years down the road.
Krysania chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
I agree about Harry and Herm...
If you continue this I will read it...
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
if all prueblood thought that way, muggle would be slave only a few do, most dont, and where do you get hermoine was a housewife form, that not in the books.
RonRR chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Interesting story. You are so right about JKR's blunder with book 7, though I think she blundered book 6 as well. Harry and Hermione have become nobody's by the time the epilog rolls around where the could have accomplished so much.

I read another authors commentary on how nothing had changed between the end of the war and the epilog, you have taken it a big step further an made in an good read.

Thanks for writing,

Ron
Van der Ay chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
It sounds interesting :) Try it out.
M.E.S 50 chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
This was interesting. I expected the being to be sent back to take Harry's place. When that didn't happen it perked my interest. Can't wait to see where you take this next.
avid reader chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
i appreciate the philosophical aspect of the story, especially the part about omnipotence. however, i do not recall the books ever mentioning the extent of harry's and hermione's involvement in the wizarding world. i might be wrong, JKR certainly gave tons of interviews after the books were finished, but for now i don't think it is right to assume that harry chose to do what is easy, not what is right. please correct me if im misinformed. :)
avid reader chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Wordlurker chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Well written I suppose, but frankly, I'm a bit "eh" about the whole thing. Not to my taste, but it might suit others.
sparky40sw chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
this seems to be another take on fixing the failures of books 6 and 7, but this original characters instead of time travel?

It could be interesting to see where you are headed with this, and to see how you can do this without re-creating the original story with new characters.

thanks for sharing - I did like your theological arguments.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
I was intrigued to start, but the setup quickly became tedious. There where no names, actions, details to titillate us, nor was there any reason for the reader to really care what happened.

The dialog started to get repetitive, and I skipped to the end. Thinking that perhaps the failure-to-engage was due to trying to spring a surprise crossover (a mistake many fanfic writers make). This does not appear to be so (or the crossover is really obscure).

So, about all I got out of this was that Harry and Hermy fizzled out and that demigods like to shanghai nameless schmucks. ;)

Also, didn't get an FFN alert for this story, for some reason.
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Another nice shot, and you hit on something that just confused me at the end of the series, when indeed, it looks like Harry and Hermione had "settled" for lack of a better word, and just lay back and let things start to degrade again, something that should have been the opposite of what all the books seemed to be leaning towards from what the earlier ones showed us, so did JKR just want to lock things in, or was she just so tired/lazy that she just wanted it done and over, including seeting up her ending no matter how hack it was done?