Reviews for X Last Man
Byakugan789 chapter 1 . 2/11
Riiiiiiiigggghhhttt...Even not being the biggest Xander fan i can tell you you've got some pretty glaring errors here. Yes, Xander was fairly lovesick for Buffy, but on several occasions he encouraged her to fix her relationships with other men, notably Riley Finn and Robin Wood. Perhaps notably both of these relationships took place after Xander was with Anya, but they aren't the only evidence to the contrary. Her brief 2 episode relationship with Scott Hope was only discouraged with light teasing, in direct opposition to his open, and occasionally violent, insistence that being with a Vampire was bad for her.
Also, it was Anya who forced herself on Xander, rather than the other way around. It actually took several episodes of her insistence for that to occur.
Your portrayal of his character is also rather poor, though I forgive that somewhat on the drugs you mention Buffy dosing him with in the course of her 'punishment'.
Finally, it was Buffy's idea for Xander to take over the African office and slayer recruiting as well as her idea that he come back with half of his team to play Nick Fury at the Scottish castle at the start of the season 8 comic.
If there's honestly anything to blatantly bomb the character about it's that he isn't nearly assertive enough, always willing to bend to the girls in his life rather than moving forward for himself. That in particular is what has always disgusted me about the character. There's being submissive to the important girls in your life, and then there's being a doormat. And Joss Whedon's Xander was definitely a doormat.
A Critic chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Stories like this half infuriate me, half amuse me.

It infuriates me because the whole bashing thing, of ANY character, leads to a circle of bad stories. Someone writes a story in which a character is featured in a (usually justified) bad light. An author reads it, gets a little angry, and writes a similar story but the bad light is on the other character. At this point it’s usually justified, because any good character make mistakes sometimes and we rarely see them face the consequences. But then it degenerates, each character getting worse and worse treatment, until eventually an author (and I use that term loosely) comes out with crap like this – one character showing only the worst parts of their personality and the others completely and utterly destroyed in order to spew the author’s vitriol. I mean really, if you hate a character so much then just kill them off and be done with it, you might at least be able to salvage something of a plot then.

It’s hilarious because you’re unintentionally bashing every other character as well, especially Buffy in this story. The Buffy you portray in this story is actually allowing this not-Xander to sit in a high level council meeting, meaning he is clearly in a position of some authority, which is so unbelievably stupid that you may as well write her as a stereotypical bottle blond giggling her way through the meeting. This is not the strong and smart Buffy I know, in fact I’d say she’s both weak and stupid (and highly unstable), and the funniest part is you clearly didn’t intend to write her that way, it’s just collateral damage.

And then this becomes your contribution to the circle I mentioned above. Some author (and I use that term loosely) is going to take one look at this, and then write a story in which Xander becomes the Terminator’s younger and meaner brother, only with more weapons, will have his choice of women – who are naturally all lesbians until they’re in the room with him – and saves the world, and that will simultaneously amuse and infuriate me as well.
Worldmaker chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
The problem with this story isn't that you bash on Xander. Go ahead. He's fictional. Do what you want to a fictional character.

No, the problem is how blatantly you reveal your own anti-male sexist nature in your writing. You're not a bad person for bashing Xander. You're a bad person because you're a sexist.
123a456e chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
All he people leaving mean reviews are idiots. If they didnt want to read a story that shows Xander in a bad light then they shouldnt have picked one that said 'not Xander-friendly' in the summary. I found it a great story and it was really well written
manticore-gurl071134 chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
I like it, it seems very in character for xander. People say the love him because he has no powers - but his attitude over the series has become very foul and possessive. its great to see a fic against him.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Not even close to how xander was, ps not buffy business if xander slept with dawn, so xander could have beat parker and out him the hospital.
RichardShaft chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
1st Buffy gets rid of every man that she ever cared for because she is angry at someone. So Angel and Spike,Giles all of them she just wishes them poof. Buffy is smarter then that.

2nd Xander and Buffy are part of a family. A part of that family is Dawn and Willow. They would never hurt each other the way that they did in your story. This isn't an insult it's a characterization issue. It's like if tomorrow I decide to write a story about Xander and I make him a murderous psychopath who loves to feast on the souls of children the only thing he would have in common would be name. I get that you don't care for Xader but most say to post a story under the Buffy/Xander section is in poor taste. It's like taunting the Bander fans.
Prinny Ramza chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
You know, I really don't like it when somebody bashes a character and than admits that their bashing a character. It shows that you not only know that you aren't gonna write correctly, but that you just don't care.

That not only annoys people who like that character but also you end up destroying the characterization of the other characters in the middle of the hatefest. Ignoring Xander's characterizatin, Buffy decides to beat him and recieves no backlash is just unrealistic and while it would put the two in conflict the way you did it actually made Buffy seem like an overreacting psychopath.

Another thing, you justified this by saying "he's the zeppo", that isn't really a reason to dislike a character, not everyone can have a superpower. Like in superhero movies or comicbook, it is the supporting cast without powers that help the heroes along with moral support and helping whenever they can. Just be normal doesn't make a bad character. What makes a bad character is poorly thought out hate filled writing.
Deamondeathstone chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
No thank you, you can stop right here. Better yet remove it entirely and write something featuring all the Scoobies that doesn't do bashing.
Xanderrocksthehouse chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
It is pathetic and rude to bash on someones shipper. You can knock on Xander and you people do but Xander fought the good fight for years and did it all with out any fancy powers. Every time he went out there he was risking something. He wasn't immortal like your precious Spike or Angel. He could die and he was brave enough that he still fought. More then that he had earned his spot time and time and time again. I personally hate Spike and Angel but I'm not going to devote a whole shipper to hating. One it's incredibly juvenile and stupid and first grade. Second no good comes from hate. If you want to write a fiction write one about the characters you enjoy. Other wise it's petty and lame.
samsbk chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
it was a bad whiny story when mmooch wrote it, and the bashfest you are writing isn't worth it either
Guest chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
mmooch chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Oh my gosh! I love what you've done with it! Now Xander can never be sure if the woman he's hitting on is actually a woman or if it's a man turned into a woman! Monumentally funny.
Analog Girl chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
LOL!

Love the premise, love the Xander-bashing! More, please?