Reviews for Harry Potter and the Return of the Squib Son
Deathmvp chapter 54 . 5/24
Outstanding work on this story and thanks for posting it.
HazelWolf1111 chapter 32 . 5/21
For wrong BWL stories, have you read the series by lightning-on-the-wave? It's longer than an encyclopedia, and absolutely amazing with its politics and plot.
This story was interesting in the beginning, but after seeing your explanation in an earlier chapter that James used an Unforgiveable on his wife along an obliviate and other “persuasions” to get her to abandon one of their two children with the blessing of Dumbledore, I began to find it increasingly difficult to believe the actions of the characters.

What woman would let two (!) years go by after a child she doesn’t remember having shows up at Hogwarts. Where is her immediate shock and demands for answers when confronted with Harry? Where is Harry’s anger at Lily continually ignoring him week after week and month after month? No where!

And finally after two long years, instead of visiting him at the Dursleys and having a heart-felt discussion with him, she writes him a bloody letter? Where is her courage? Where are her maternal instincts? Why isn’t she pressing charges against the criminal actions of her husband? How can she possibly “love” a man that considers her nothing more than an obstacle to be overcome so that he can abandon their own flesh and blood? If he will do that to a toddler, she has to wonder what he will do to her!

The actions are just to incredulous to believe any longer. Fiction it may be, but it has to at least enable the reader to defer their doubts about people not acting in a reasonable manner. Maybe pureblood James can abandon a squib son, but muggleborn Lily shouldn’t be able to do so and the letter implies that, but her actions and reactions are just too difficult to believe.
billbrink chapter 54 . 5/19
The last half of the story redeemed the first half. I know it takes a lot of courage to put yourself online for the world to critique. I thought your story was entertaining and want to thank you for sharing it.
billbrink chapter 23 . 5/19
What?! She is a professor at his school and the first time she even attempts to talk to him is through a letter AFTER he goes home at the end of his SECOND year? I could believe that magic is real sooner than his mother would act like this.
billbrink chapter 17 . 5/19
This work is done, so nothing we write will make a lick of difference. However I just have to tell you that I can believe the stories where Lilly just doesn't want Harry, but it's really difficult to believe that she has been made to forget she had him and upon seeing him at Hogworts doesn't even question the fact that she and her husband have another son! Even Daniel seems to have acknowledged Harry as his twin brother, although he doesn't seem to care. It's like Lilly has disappeared except when it involves Daniel.
SaintMichael95 chapter 23 . 5/16
*sigh* I'm gonna have to drop this... It's just not turning out realistically. How would you feel if your husband/wife essentially drugged and brainwashed you into giving away one of your kids... Only to find out over a decade later... She still loves James after that? Please, that's just rediculous...
SaintMichael95 chapter 21 . 5/16
*sigh* lemme guess your going to give Daniel all the credit... I hope he dies...
brightflare chapter 54 . 5/1
Excellent story!
WildKhaine chapter 25 . 4/21
Wow, just really have to stop here. Harry grew up hating his family for abandoning him but from his actions over the course of this story you can't really tell. I just can't like Lily in this story, sure she was made to give up her son and then got her memory wiped but then she waits so long after finding out before even contacting him. Really, if I was Harry I just tell them all to go screw themselves but your Harry seems like he's going to bend over and take whatever they shove up his ass with a smile.
HE USED THE IMPERIOUS!
InwoodHp chapter 12 . 3/30
I quite enjoyed year 1
Oh for heavens sake..."in private may I call you Mum" to the woman who knew he was her son and didn't take two lousy minutes to talk to him in the year and a half that she watched him? That's not credible. No teenager would respond that way. I can't read any further. This is simply unbelievable.
Harry should not have received a warning for using magic, as he didn't use his wand. It was purely accidental magic.
I can't believe Lily's letter. Her behavior is truly appalling.

Her husband forced her to forget one of her two children and then discarded said child like an unwanted newspaper. She says she can't forgive him, but she loves him in spite of his callous, immoral and probably illegal behavior. If that's the type of man she loves, it speaks very deeply to her character (or lack thereof).

Rather than taking the time to actually MEET her child, answer questions, and attempt to form a relationship, she sends him a letter? That's how she thinks a mother should behave? She doesn't even excuse the fact that she let a year and a half go by where she totally ignored him except for "watching" him.

If I were Harry, I would respond "Professor Potter, Thank you for your letter explaining your total absence from my life. I am returning your gift unopened, as it's not a good practice to accept gifts from strangers. Best wishes, Harry Potter."
2,175 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »