Reviews for Snow White: Catcher in the Rye
Perpetual Dreams chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
I laughed really hard. Great job!
wishingforachange chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
I. LOVED. IT. I read it and the only thing that I didn't like (which you can't control) is how I had to keep reminding myself that this character was a girl and not really Holden which is also a good thing because you wrote this story with the exact things that Holden would say. My favorite line has to be the last one. Always depressed, that Holden is.
The Terrible Jester chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
hehe, i love this. i like how you captured the way holden speaks and adapted it to fit into the fairy tale. well done
laughcuzitsfun chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Phaha this was hilarious. Definitely seeing the Holden. (: Nice job
LuciusBelyakov chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
That was outstanding! It really catches you off guard and lets you know that this gonna be one heeeellllll of a story from the first lines. It’s a very brave style choice and easily one of the most original ideas I’ve ever heard, fiction, non-fiction or fan, even though this started off as a class assignment it was you that gave it a life all its own. It is hilarious and witty.

My favorite line might be, “I wasn't anything special really. I mean I'm actually pretty below average. I mean, Black hair, snow white skin, blood red lips…not really attractive, not really.”

I also love how the magic is so mundane, this depressing old lady peddling her apples or the hunter coming back with the magic sash. I recommend you read, if you haven’t already, Anne Sexton’s Transformations or the anthology Disenchantments.

Lastly, I’m in love with your character for Snow, as far as I’m concerned the best characterization of her out there. Its very rare for someone to get off that much personality in just the one-shot or equivalent to it. I think this story could stand alone in the world as your short short. You could even develop it into an entire story. I’ve just fallen in love!

I have a confession to make, I haven’t read The Catcher in the Rye yet, though its been recommended to me many times. I’m just swamped. But you’ve inspired me to get back to the library this week and pick it up! Though it might say something really depressing about me that it takes fanfiction to do that. Also I want to thank you because you’ve not only done that, but you’ve inspired me. I want to write some more. I’ve got all this extra creative energy on my hand thanks to you and this little piece of magic you whipped up. That never happens on this site… after reading some fanfics… I usually get so GD depressed.

-Sam
Dr. Captain Pepper chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
This wasn't bad. A little repetitive, which was a trait of the main character, but his had a little more subtlety to it.

But overall it was entertaining to read.

A depressed, indifferent, and rude disney princess?

Hah.

Great job.
Prince Nightingale chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
oh wow, love this! Really well done. The only thing I would perhaps suggest is longer sentences; they seem a little snappy and abrupt for dreamy Holden, but then I haven't read Catcher in the Rye in a while so I might be mistaken. This was really entertaining, good job!
Dick chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Okay Jesus Christ I get it, depressed!
Selena and Light chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
I had to do something like this for english, I love how all the vocab words you used are still underlined. If I was an English teacher I'd give it an A.