Reviews for Random Story Ideas: Industrial Revolution
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 2 . 2/2/2013
One of those simple yet ingenious bits of work; congratulations, to say the least.
I found ‘Hypervelocity’ an engaging concept from the moment I read it- after the mess that Tony found himself in when his armour previously gained sentience, it was interesting to see a new take on that storyline where the armour was able to hold on to what made Tony a hero-, so your decision to bring back the sentient armour from that story would have earned you points even without the fact that you had it introduce itself to Spider-Man first; he’s always been my favourite character (One of many reasons that I feel ‘Superior Spider-Man’ is a mistake that must be rectified ASAP).
The armour’s introduction to the other heroes is excellent in its directness, to say nothing of your thoughts on how 2.0 survived and his/its reasons for remaining underground, and the catalyst that sparks him into action is equally brilliant.
And as for the confrontation between Tony and 2.0…
A perfect example of the reason why I love alternate realities as a concept; the same personality, starting out from the same moment, but split across divergent paths due to their life experiences and abilities, with Tony adhering to rules and government to ‘protect the people’ through his increased isolation and burden of his role as corporate figure and hero, while 2.0 has recognised the need to put freedom above all else after spending so long without it, the machine resolving to put things right at all costs where the man was willing to compromise for the sake of life.
A bit uncertain about the implication that 2.0 can improve on the armour where Tony can’t, but I suppose 2.0’s artificial nature will allow him/it to accommodate some functions into his new armour that Tony never considered using in an active suit as he’d never be able to process them all…
Besides, right now I’m more concerned about just how far 2.0 will go in his opposition to Tony; with two versions of the same man on either side, this conflict is about to get VERY psychologically complicated…
Hope you’re going to continue this soon; keep up the good work!
(Just to confirm, Spider-Man won’t make that deal, right?)
AvengersEMH chapter 2 . 1/17/2013
Great story. I hope you continue this and make Iron man 2.0 the leader of the new avengers, plus I also hope you also have it where he helps peters aunt. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Arthur Hansen chapter 5 . 3/12/2012
Not that is a funky concept, but too bad it is just a plot-bunny.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
I enjoyed the idea of Iron Ma2 2.0 fighting against SHRA.
karthik9 chapter 3 . 10/1/2011
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
Kitsune chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Neat Idea. Civil War sucked, and had no consequences, really. This has incredible potentional. Please Continue.