Reviews for Just a Dream
Daaarrrk... But good. :3
nekochan1994 chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
crying
Bloodsired chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
I LOVE IT! It's so dark and tragic. A very good break from fluffy stories. I think this one goes to my fave one-shots. Kudos!
FrancesOsgood chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Beautifully haunting! I like to take a break from all the fluff every now and then and read a nice dark tale. I love the way this is told and the way the obsession grows. You did a wonderful job capturing the passionate addiction and its destructive power. Nicely done!
jackiemack916 chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
So very sorrowful. I do love the refrain, like a song -"just a dream."
Artemis Day chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
That certainly was poetic, and very very sad.

The way Jareth destroys their lives only to realize all too late what he's done is strangely karmic, and all the while he keeps trying to kid himself into thinking that it will be okay. Tragic.

I can see why this is your favorite work.

Ciao!
marikoula chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Type your review here...
Next to Something chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
You have profound talent at profound finishing lines. Like forreal. "It was just a dream. Just a dream that became his nightmare." Shivers. This was fantastic. The obsession was just, just SO spot on. The need for one more meeting really struck a chord.

I'm really enjoying going through all your Dark Materials. Makes for a good Saturday night. :D
Ginger-Snapp chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Interesting. You're almost as skilled at the unsettling nature of JS as Subilitor, which is saying something. I'm definitely following you - you're prolific, silly, and scary. I like it.
Kyndsie chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
"Whew" is right!

This is powerful because of its brevity. And because we all know that the potential is there. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that I'd read this before, but probably when I was reading several fics in a single sitting.

Just one word-choice question:

"Whatever it takes to end the hunger that grips him like a vice..."
vice as is sin / addiction or vise as in ever-tightening device? Either one is actually possible here, and in fact I'm totally intrigued at the thought of him being addicted to the hunger itself.
Davanyn chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Holy wow! that was intense! nicely done!
Jangamon chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
I know it's not a happy story, but I could totally see this happening.
Bella Cuore chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Well ... That was depressing. I think I like your other stuff better. I sure hope your Muse got that completely out of your system. :-)
Jenuefa chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
that's epic...written like a tragic tale.

..and the song matches so well ,too. (kelly cl. -addicted)
TwilightSnowStar chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Yes...this was very dark...but it's good, incredibly so because it does show exactly one way that their future could turn out...you made it very believable
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »