Reviews for Reverie
GT500RonSmith chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
That was pretty amazing. I imagine with his imagination, his mind would have been all over the place with thoughts like that!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Say it again. Maybe it will be true this time: She drives with her left-

That part killed me
beautyofsorrow chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
"Kate. Thin bones in a hospital bed, white and winter. Kate pauses before a crime scene because sometimes memories are too sharp. Memories bring jagged edges that are hidden until you cut yourself on them."

-And you said you couldn't write prose poetry. I beg to differ.

"He imagines it is colder than it should have any right to be."

-I'm sitting here. Staring at this. Trying to remember what I was going to say about. But there isn't anything. Because it says it all.

"Things were said. Just because getting shot in the gut will erase or has erased most of the important points from her mind, it doesn't mean he can go back to a place where he hasn't said those things."

-I... wow.

"Since his laptop battery died and they won't let him plug it in here in her room; since he wrote on both sides of the paper napkins he found in a drawer and he's only got just a small handful of time with her, he has stained anything he can with blue ink writing the scene as he wants it to be. His hands, all up and down his arms. The sides of his shoes. The back of his calves. And then he accidentally transferred it to her skin; all over her now lies the faint echoes of blue ink: the line from her ear to her jaw, the pulse at her neck, the vulnerable valley of her inner elbow, the cool ridge of her right hand. She is tattooed with the scene he intends to play out..."

-THIS IS GORGEOUS. It trembles inside me when I read it, and I keep reading it, and just can't stop. L'Engle said she's "apt to get drunk on words"? Well, I am too. This is just... wow. Wow wow wow. This is that never-stop-writing, take-a-broadax-to-your-life kind of passage that I want to write on an index card and stick on my wall.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Damn...you are phenomenal! This is some of the most beautiful work I've seen!
TrapperII chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
That was beautiful. The cadence was perfect, and I particularly enjoyed your transitions from his reveries to the reality of sitting in the hospital room with her. Very nice indeed.
Imhereforthestory chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Received the alert for Reverie 2, so figured I should read this first. Boy am I glad I did.

Wow.
someheartslove chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
So I came home and there was this alert in my inbox saying you wrote something called Reverie 2. So it must mean there is number one written somewhere. And I found it!

This is soooo nice!

I don't think I read any post Knockdown stories and I'm so glad this was the first one. He's so hopeful beside her bed. And he has to write something with happy ending, something where he isn't waiting for her to show she's alive and breathing. And, of course, he's with her all the time. As I would imagine he would be if Kate didn't throw him out.

Love the reality part, love his daydreams and his story. Love it how he described Derrick and Rook both wanting Kate but in a different was, something like Castle himself when he met her and after he got to know her...

Can't wait to read Reverie 2, but I wonder, you wrote there are spoilers in there... For what?

because I'm completely spoiler-free :D

Anyways, I loved this SO much! Definitely going to favorites.
on-stolen-time chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Going back and reading the older stuff, because I can. I should have known better than to read your stories at work. For some reason I like this one even more? The love and emotions coming from Castle were so powerful, and I especially liked how he was trying to cope through writing, which is so him. Sequel time.
ColieMacKenzie chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Wow, how utterly heartbreakingly touching and tender and incredible! I am stunned by the beauty of your words, and the effortless flow of this piece, even when you jump between reality and dream sequences and written words. I love how he dreams of her, so soft and sweet; not with desperate passion but all the love he has for her in that lies underneath need and want. I adore how he ends up writing on her body, and wish I knew (in your words!) what she reads when she wakes up, what she may have done if she found herself inked with his words full of love.
Capelthwaite chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Wow, that was beautifully written. I'm awestruck.
luvagoo chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
You have a really beautiful and different way of describing kisses, love, looks, touches. It's very refreshing...nowdays those kinds of scenes just feel like you're reading the same thing over again, but you've managed to make it sound brand new :)
Topsy chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I've written this scene in my head a few times, but you are doing a much better job of it.

Love this: "It's like the night in the storage freezer has taken up inside him, a hard chunk of ice that never melts."

Amazing paragraph: "In the elevator, they aren't alone. He stands on one side, she on the other, keys in her hand, pressed against her chest as if to keep her heart inside her ribs. He watches her, and doesn't care who sees him watching, because she doesn't care who sees either. She keeps shooting him hot looks, her eyes like coals, branding him where he stands."

Baww! "He will blot out all else with the force of those three words."
K Gibbs Winters chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
So beautiful.
corlando chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
I loved this. How his jumbled thoughts seem to make so little and yet so much sense. How is terror over coming so close to losing her can only be stemmed by getting the words in his head down on paper. "He will blot out all else with the force of those three words." Beautiful.
Jenny.Simone.Kate chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
This was awesome. Left me speechless. Wow!